2010 Bridgestone e6 Unboxing

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Bridgestone Golf was kind enough to provide THP with a box of the 2010 version of its popular e6 "Straight Flight" ball for review before they are available for sale to the public. The 2009 Bridgestone e6+ became my preferred ball after trying it out last year, so I have been looking forward to giving the new e6 a spin.

Coincidentally, I purchased a new box of e6+ balls just before I received the 2010 e6 for review, so I photographed the current (2009) e6+ side-by-side with the 2010 e6 for comparison.

Bridgestonee6-a.jpg

Bridgestonee6-b.jpg

Bridgestonee6-c.jpg

Bridgestonee6-d.jpg

Bridgestonee6-e.jpg

Bridgestonee6-g.jpg

Bridgestonee6-f.jpg

And the fonts are?

I really like the new packaging. Not shown in these pictures on the bottom of the box is their E series info. They explain with words and visuals what each ball in the E series is for when it comes to helping golfers. I like the subtle differences in the alignment aid as well.

Great pictures Harry. I look forward to the review.

Not shown in these pictures on the bottom of the box is their E series info.

I had to keep some mystery for the review! :D

This was one of my favorite balls this year, so I am really looking forward to this review.

That is one of the best looking golf-balls they have done yet!

Great looking packaging on the 2010. And I like the changes to the model name on the ball as well. Can't wait for your review of them, Harry!

Nice packaging. The larger 6 on the ball seems to take away from the alignment, at least in the pic. Looking forward to the review.

Love the e6 ball! Probably my favorite ball right now.

I too liked the 2009 version so I am looking forward to the review on these.

I switched to the e6+ last year based on feedback from THP members, and I really like this ball. Anxious to see your review of the new e6 Harry.

Slick looking ball and packaging. I love the e6 but really want to try to get to a Bridgestone ball fitting next time it comes to my area to see if I'm playing the right ball

Slick looking ball and packaging. I love the e6 but really want to try to get to a Bridgestone ball fitting next time it comes to my area to see if I'm playing the right ball

Definitely worth the time. I too really like the E6 and am very much looking forward to this review.

The online bridgestone fitting says I should play the b330 rx but I've always wanted to try the e6. I did find one on the course once and I liked it but I have about 6 dozen Nike Vapors to go through before I try a new ball. :D Is the new e6 different than last years model? I think I read where it was more forgiving but I play with a guy who slices the ball viciously straight and the e6 has made him a much better golfer.

It is different. Quite a bit different from a technical standpoint. I can also assure you that if you like the Vapors, you will like the E6 and they will cost a tiny bit less. The Vapor is a darn good ball as well.

Spoke with Bridgestone rep today and was told these will be released on Nov 1st. Supoosed to be a softer cover and straighter than last years e6. I think many of us are looking forward to Harry's review on this one.

I'm looking forward to this review as well. Along with the Penta, I can't wait to hit the new E6.

With all the great reviews this looks like a ball I am going to have to try.

I found the new e6 at the local shop for 21.99, compared to the 25.99 for the older e6+ I played last year. After playing a few rounds with it, I have to say it just "feels" better than the e6+. I felt like sidespin was nonexistent, and the ball checked up very well on the greens. This is, however, purely subjective, as I havent hit the e6+ for a few months now. If I'm able to get out tomorrow, I might try playing a few holes with the e6 and e6+ side by side for comparison.

Back