Started the Blu E-Cig. to quit smoking

Well, I haven't had a real cigarette since my last post. I didn't quite expect the following things I have noticed:
  • That I can now smell a cigarette smoker 100 feet away
  • I noticed how bad clothes stink from smoking
  • I now have more free time since I don't have to go outside to have a smoke every 20 minutes
  • My wind is actually already improving-rode stationary bike 10 miles after working 12 hours last night
  • I need to clean my car because it smells horrid from smoke
  • Food and drinks are starting to change in taste
  • No more stuffy nose or sinus for the last 24 hours

Now on another note my wife tossed in some incentives: She said if I can quit smoking for 2 months and 100% feel that I am over cigarettes I am a cleared to get any set of irons I would like to have, and since we are saving money I can afford to play golf 2 weekends a month.

My dilemma: What freakin irons I want because that is my goal!
I want a thin top line iron- the burners seem to thick for my liking after hitting my Hogan blades recently, but I want the forgiveness of a cavity back or at least as much as possible.
I have been looking online at the Wilson Ci11 and FG Tourv2, they look sweet , what others do you all like?

Well, I do/have owned both of those iron sets. If it's thin top line you want, the fg tour sure has it.

Blu didn't work for me literally. The pack charger died the first day of ownership. One of the two batteries died on the 2nd day. Called Customer Service. They said it was my fault for not setting a timer when I had it on the charger and removing it promptly when the light turned blue. Great idea, and I can see this working for me as a vessel to quit. Poor choice of product/company.

I was a 2 pack/day for about 10 years, quit back in 2009 when my wife got pregnant. Went the nicorette route and haven't had one since. For the first year or so, there wasn't a morning I didn't want one with my coffee. That slowly went away to the point 4+ years later, I can honestly say I don't get cravings anymore. But I do get what you mean about the heightened senses. I can smell even the faintest smell of smoke on someone if they've been anywhere near it. On the gross side, every once in a blue moon, if I cough or hack something up, I get the same cigarette taste I'd have every morning back when I did smoke...
Sent from my Windows 8 Phone

Now on another note my wife tossed in some incentives: She said if I can quit smoking for 2 months and 100% feel that I am over cigarettes I am a cleared to get any set of irons I would like to have, and since we are saving money I can afford to play golf 2 weekends a month.
Good luck with this!

Congrats on quitting! I quit with the patch, but any way that works! I quit around 1997. Best thing I've ever done for myself! New irons! Now THAT'S a reward!!!!

Picked up the Blu starter kit Tuesday afternoon. Haven't had a cigarette since noon Tuesday.

Nice work dude.

I've been on the E Cig for a week now. It's tough.

My accountant happened to give it to me. It's the Cartomizer brand.

I'm having a hard time with it. I want to go all out. But it leaves a bad taste and smell.

Atleast from 1.5 packs a day I'm down to 1 pack.

Jacqui is now at four months. Very proud of that!

Well, I haven't had a real cigarette since my last post. I didn't quite expect the following things I have noticed:
  • That I can now smell a cigarette smoker 100 feet away
  • I noticed how bad clothes stink from smoking
  • I now have more free time since I don't have to go outside to have a smoke every 20 minutes
  • My wind is actually already improving-rode stationary bike 10 miles after working 12 hours last night
  • I need to clean my car because it smells horrid from smoke
  • Food and drinks are starting to change in taste
  • No more stuffy nose or sinus for the last 24 hours

My dilemma: What freakin irons I want because that is my goal!
I want a thin top line iron- the burners seem to thick for my liking after hitting my Hogan blades recently, but I want the forgiveness of a cavity back or at least as much as possible.
I have been looking online at the Wilson Ci11 and FG Tourv2, they look sweet , what others do you all like?

Unfortunately, you'll have to sell the car. The cigarette smell will never be gone.

How ya hangin in there with this Hotled?

I tried this a while ago, and I think that the ecigs that I bought back then were just crap. I just recently ordered some new ones based on Hawk's recommendation and am going to give this another go.

You can do eeet!!!

You can do eeet!!!

I found my old batteries, chargers, and cartomizers. They're just crap.

I have two chargers, neither one will engage and start charging any of the batteries.

One battery has a charge still, and I got about 5 draws on it with an unused cartomizer before the vapor just plain gave out. Could be low voltage, could be crap gear. I'm going with crap gear.

One battery feels plugged in some way, drawing air through it is like trying to drink a milkshake through a coffee stirrer.

Nice thing about the batteries I suggested is that they are capped to prevent anything leaking down into them. They last a hell of a lot longer than the smaller ones as well. I wish I could put a sign outside the mall kiosks to say "Don't Waste Your Money". Lots of crappy product out there. The most important thing in my mind is finding a place that will stand behind their product. They are gadgets and some will inevitably fail, so customer service comes in handy.

I hope it works out for you. The key to me is having back-ups in place in case something breaks and finding a flavor(s) you like.

2+ years for this guy.

This is something I have thought about but have heard they can be just as bad if not worse than real smokes. I smoke American Spirits which claim to be 100% natural tobacco. School me on these E-Cigs.

Hotled,

It's mostly a mental thing. I picked up smoking during my deployments and had to quit each time when I got home. My lungs felt so much better after only a few days of not smoking. It sounds like you are on the right track and seriously you have the support here. I read your initial post and 11 hours without a cigarette is WAAAYYYYYY better than I did at first. If you need the extra support man I'm more than willing to help with a phone call or whatever. You made a great decision for your health.

Well mixed reviews on the Blu so far. It sure has helped but I'm still smoking about 8 real ones a day but it's a huge leap and probably all mental.
I have had some bad or dead cartridges with the Blue.

Hotled.
Talk to Hawk and commit.
Throw away your smokes and dont buy anymore. Hawk can assist with what to buy of better quality.
Then if you truly want to quit, make a go of it and with no real tobacco around, it will be easier.

Definitely ditch the Blu. Any mall brand really.

Ya looking at some different brands this weekend Hawk.

As usual JB your spot on with advice.

Since today is my B-Day I should just make this a gift to myself.

Always here to help, so PM me if you want any suggestions. To me, the key is finding something that 1) works without breaking down all the time and 2) gives the same feeling in the back of your throat. After that, it's finding a flavor you like. Some stick with one all the time (me) and others like a little variety.

Its been almost a month on the Blu for me now, and the only time I smopked real cigarettes was last weekend at a wedding, which was the first time I drank since starting Blu. Haven't had a real one again since. Batteries are holding up fine and no bad cartridges yet.

When I ordered my new parts, I did a cost comparison.

I got:
2 gigantic batteries @ 1300mAh - these should have about 13 hours of charge each, and should last at least a couple months
3 cartomizers which are refillable and cleanable. These can be stretched to last a while, but are cheap to replace (under $5)
30 ml of juice to fill with - I'm not sure yet how long this will last me yet, but I would guess it should last more than a week.

All for less than the cost of 3 cartons of cigarettes.

30ML lasts me about a month and I'm a heavy user. I usually buy one bottle every 4 weeks or so.

Back