Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron was practically super-human tonight, and the Heat are still going to lose. Reminds me of when he played for the Cavs.

Where's Larry Hughes lol

Lebron was practically super-human tonight, and the Heat are still going to lose. Reminds me of when he played for the Cavs.

Indiana played pretty much a perfect game and no one else on Miami showed up consistently.

This amused me:

He's wearing #3. For some reason his jersey has a different name, "Wade", but he's still just as useless.

Biggest play of the game was when the game was tied with a minute left and wade forced that runner. Should of backed it out and ran a play.

Biggest play of the game was when the game was tied with a minute left and wade forced that runner. Should of backed it out and ran a play.

Those that said Lebron's Wade was better than or even comparable to Jordan's Pippen should probably take that back now. Wade has played pretty poorly all year and he did for a lot of last year too.

Those that said Lebron's Wade was better than or even comparable to Jordan's Pippen should probably take that back now. Wade has played pretty poorly all year and he did for a lot of last year too.

Bowen just mentioned that Wade play where he forced the 1 on 3. Right now Indy has 3 guys who are playing great ball, Miami has 1.

This series reminds me a little of the Heat vs. Mavericks series 2 years ago. I still think Miami will win this series but I don't say that with much confidence.

Bowen just mentioned that Wade play where he forced the 1 on 3. Right now Indy has 3 guys who are playing great ball, Miami has 1.

This series reminds me a little of the Heat vs. Mavericks series 2 years ago. I still think Miami will win this series but I don't say that with much confidence.

When the Birdman is playing like the second best player on your team, it's gonna be tough to beat a team like the Pacers.

The Pacers seem to have really good chemistry. Seeing the other guys encouraging Stephenson after he made a few bonehead plays that could have cost them the game was cool.

Pacers are tough at home but Miami has the best player. The Fieldhouse will be a mad house.

In my mind the series swings with the next two games.

What an awful shot attempt from Ginobli. Should have gone pick and roll with Duncan. Not a three.

What a great foul from Duncan there. A good, hard foul, but not excessive or unnecessary. Completely went for the ball. Love it.

The Grizz don't have the scorers for this type of close, OT game. I bet KD is sitting at home wondering how he got dominated by this trainwreck.

Hard to call a trip to the WCF a disappointment but I definately thought the Griz were more ready to compete with the NBA elite than the Pacers. Not working out that way.

See link below for a good story on Wade's struggles by Dan Lebatard. If Wade can step-up and help the Heat steal one of two in Indy then the momentum shifts big time. If he can't step up and play Robin to Lebron's Batman then I think the Pacers have a great chance to go back to Miami with a 3-1 lead.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/26/v-fullstory/3417086/dan-le-batard-dwyane-wade-must.html#

Watching the WCF last night I just couldn't get into it. Not the same energy and not as fun to watch as the ECF even though it was a close game.

Hard to call a trip to the WCF a disappointment but I definately thought the Griz were more ready to compete with the NBA elite than the Pacers. Not working out that way.

See link below for a good story on Wade's struggles by Dan Lebatard. If Wade can step-up and help the Heat steal one of two in Indy then the momentum shifts big time. If he can't step up and play Robin to Lebron's Batman then I think the Pacers have a great chance to go back to Miami with a 3-1 lead.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/26/v-fullstory/3417086/dan-le-batard-dwyane-wade-must.html#

After 2 games there are certain things we know are going to happen each game. LeBron is going to be LeBron, Indy's Big 3 (Hibbert, West, George) are going to be dominant when they're playing, Indiana will outrebound Miami, both teams will play tough defense, etc. I believe there are 5 keys (unknowns) in this series...

1) Wade and/or Bosh start playing like the superstars they're expected to be.
2) Indiana's starters staying out of foul trouble. They don't get any bench scoring and need these 5 on the floor. Plus that means easy points for Miami
3) One of Miami's shooters wakes up and starts hitting some threes to open up the paint.
4) Indiana getting scoring from their backcourt.
5) Who can control the pace of play.

What's crazy is that Miami only has to do 1 of these in order to win, Indy needs to do all 5. That's why I still slightly favor Miami. Think about Game 1. Foul trouble cancelled each other out since everyone was in foul trouble. All Miami did was shut down Indy's backcourt. Wade/Bosh stunk, no one hit threes, and Indy controlled pace of play. Game 2, Indy did all 5 of these and squeaked out a 4 point win. Miami brought their "C" game for both games while Indy brought their "B/B+" game for Game 1 and their "A" game for Game 2.

So I agree with the article that if Wade can come alive Miami can take control of this series but even if he doesn't, there's not much Miami needs to do to win this series. Miami is the superior team, they play well and they win the series, plain and simple.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty incredible that Miami has this series tied. They've played about as badly as I've seen them play all year (except Lebron), and they're still competitive. If Lebron can get any help whatsoever, Miami should take this series.

Stan, I feel like the Heat have only had their A game once in the playoffs vs Bulls game 2. Really frustrating to watch this team lately. Wade is playing hurt so I don't think he can do better. Its gotta be Bosh and hope Allen, Battier or Miller can get hot from 3.

Stan, I feel like the Heat have only had their A game once in the playoffs vs Bulls game 2. Really frustrating to watch this team lately. Wade is playing hurt so I don't think he can do better. Its gotta be Bosh and hope Allen, Battier or Miller can get hot from 3.

I was surprised Miller rode the bench the entire 2nd half. He did more in his 3 minutes than Allen and Battier did in their combined 35 minuets. It has been frustrating to watch a team that played so well during the regular season completely lose it in the playoffs. And it's not like this is new territory for them, they had a bunch of great games in the playoffs last year.

I was surprised Miller rode the bench the entire 2nd half. He did more in his 3 minutes than Allen and Battier did in their combined 35 minuets. It has been frustrating to watch a team that played so well during the regular season completely lose it in the playoffs. And it's not like this is new territory for them, they had a bunch of great games in the playoffs last year.

I think he got injured on that 3 before the half. He was holding his rib or abdomen area. That dude is never healthy.

Watching the WCF last night I just couldn't get into it. Not the same energy and not as fun to watch as the ECF even though it was a close game.

After 2 games there are certain things we know are going to happen each game. LeBron is going to be LeBron, Indy's Big 3 (Hibbert, West, George) are going to be dominant when they're playing, Indiana will outrebound Miami, both teams will play tough defense, etc. I believe there are 5 keys (unknowns) in this series...

1) Wade and/or Bosh start playing like the superstars they're expected to be.
2) Indiana's starters staying out of foul trouble. They don't get any bench scoring and need these 5 on the floor. Plus that means easy points for Miami
3) One of Miami's shooters wakes up and starts hitting some threes to open up the paint.
4) Indiana getting scoring from their backcourt.
5) Who can control the pace of play.

What's crazy is that Miami only has to do 1 of these in order to win, Indy needs to do all 5. That's why I still slightly favor Miami. Think about Game 1. Foul trouble cancelled each other out since everyone was in foul trouble. All Miami did was shut down Indy's backcourt. Wade/Bosh stunk, no one hit threes, and Indy controlled pace of play. Game 2, Indy did all 5 of these and squeaked out a 4 point win. Miami brought their "C" game for both games while Indy brought their "B/B+" game for Game 1 and their "A" game for Game 2.

So I agree with the article that if Wade can come alive Miami can take control of this series but even if he doesn't, there's not much Miami needs to do to win this series. Miami is the superior team, they play well and they win the series, plain and simple.

I agree the Heat are still the favorites but for different reasons.

The Pacers are a young team that struggles with ball security, free throw shooting and closing quarters/games. It could cost them one of the next two games and the home court advantage pretty easily. Having said that Hill, George & Stephenson have played much better at home all season long and if they can follow form the Heat are definately vulnerable to falling behind 3 games to 1. That is a bad place to be even for the best team in the league.

D. Wade has a history of great playoff performences. He can swing this series with just one great game in the next two.

Bench depth & scoring means a lot more in the regular season than the playoffs. I doubt that either teams bench will have much to say in who wins this series.

Everyone tends to focus on Hibbert and the interior defense but the Pacers defend the three point line better than anyone else in the league. I worry more about Bosh, Allen, Haslem etc. getting hot and hitting mid-range shots on the move more than I do scoring from behind the arc. These are the low percentage shots the Pacers defense is designed to give up and when teams hit them consistently the Pacers struggle.

What a great quarter to watch. Both teams executing so well on offense.

LeBron may be forcing Indiana to change the way they play defense with his dominance in the post. 3 point line may open up...

LeBron may be forcing Indiana to change the way they play defense with his dominance in the post. 3 point line may open up...

He's taking George to school in the post. Unstoppable.

Holy offense Batman! Miami hangs 70 on Indy in the first half. Pacers offense looked solid as well scoring 56 but finally the Miami team I've been waiting to see this postseason showed up. Hope they can keep it up in the 2nd half.

Holy offense Batman! Miami hangs 70 on Indy in the first half. Pacers offense looked solid as well scoring 56 but finally the Miami team I've been waiting to see this postseason showed up. Hope they can keep it up in the 2nd half.

Yes sir! 63% shooting is always fun to watch. I hope Allen's 3 was a slumpbuster!

And the inconsistent Heat have showed up. Pathetic start to the 2nd half. No ball movement, not getting the ball down low into LeBron, allowing Indy to get out in transition.

Great job by Miami taking Indiana's run and finishing off the quarter. Actually increased their lead by 1 that quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back