what is the best driver you have come along/played?

Callaway razr fit extreme with a black tie. It is absolute money for me and my dad is already converted after 9 holes.

His exact words were, "does it ever not go straight?"

Callaway razr fit extreme with a black tie. It is absolute money for me and my dad is already converted after 9 holes.

His exact words were, "does it ever not go straight?"

I got to spend some time with a demo of this while at a course in Kansas the other day and straight is exactly right. I can't say it was any longer than my old reliable Williams driver, but so easy to hit and keep on line.

I got to spend some time with a demo of this while at a course in Kansas the other day and straight is exactly right. I can't say it was any longer than my old reliable Williams driver, but so easy to hit and keep on line.

I'm sure there is a club with a hotter face but I will sacrifice a few yards to find the fairway more often. I hit 77% of my fairways yesterday with it. One that I missed caught the bank of a lake and kicked back. It was such a bad break because the drive was perfect.

This is it for me too. I have the 61X and wont change for a while.

I have the same shaft in the 290 head and it is the best combination I have found. Love it so much that I bought a back up on ebay for $100 recently just in case something happens to my first one. Won't stop searching for something better though:act-up:

I hit so many drivers last month, i found the majority of them sucked, the callaway razr fit especially. I purchased an RBZ Stage 2 because it just felt amazing, however I just hit the Titlest 913 D2 and that thing is amazing. I'm switching over as soon as I can.

My favorite has been my Ping Anser 12* with Aldila RIP Phenom. It is the first driver I have ever been properly fit for and when the guy told me it was a 12* I about fell over. It has been very consistent for me and does not punish me for poor shots too much.

So many folks would benefit greatly with a higher loft in their driver. Using a higher degree loft and teeing the ball a little lower with the ball just forward in the middle of the stance would do wonders for the average weekend golfer. Try it.

People's egos tell them to get that 9.5 or 8.5 driver.

So many folks would benefit greatly with a higher loft in their driver. Using a higher degree loft and teeing the ball a little lower with the ball just forward in the middle of the stance would do wonders for the average weekend golfer. Try it.

People's egos tell them to get that 9.5 or 8.5 driver.

My ego kept me in the 8.5 X-stiff for a while. The guy who fit me watched me hit some decent drives with my AMP and handed me the Anser with a little smirk on his face. After 12-15 shots I knew that it was the right one. When he told me to look at the loft we both just started laughing. The switch didn't add much distance but it gave me so much more consistency and that is what I pay for, not 15 more yards.

It's amazing how a higher loft will help a slice. ( I said "help" not "cure"....LOL )

I'd rather be straight and in the fairway than slice into trouble. I'll gladly give up 15-20 yards for that.

It's cool to have these adjustable drivers now so that weekend hacks can try different lofts. FUN. But changing tee height, etc. makes a big difference too.

I agree with higher lofted drivers. Before understanding equipment, I've always played a 9 or 10* because that is what my friends (who all play well) played. I got fit for an amp cell and my best numbers were at 11.5 setting.

Sonartec 1w stock shaft reg flex. That thing hits bombs!

My favorite has been my Ping Anser 12* with Aldila RIP Phenom. It is the first driver I have ever been properly fit for and when the guy told me it was a 12* I about fell over. It has been very consistent for me and does not punish me for poor shots too much.

I'm rocking the same setup, except I have the stock TFC in stiff. I even have it dialed up to 12.5. This is the first driver I've been able to hit further than my 3 wood, and it's very forgiving and consistent. I also went through a fitting and learned that 10.5 drivers which I've always played tend to launch at about 9 degrees for me. I'm sure it's got a lot to do with attack angles and what not, but I was only getting away with hitting a lower ball with my driver when it was dry and I could get a lot of roll.

I absolutely adore my Superfast 2.0. The head shape and the white crown are great looking at address, you get a solid feel without it feeling heavy, and off center hits aren't killers. Only thing is that it can get pretty loud when you're working on drivers at the range.

My driver SS is 100ish and get decent distance off the tee. I let my friend tee off with my new Adams Super S set at 10.5 reg flex. He wanted one after the round was over so he asked my the specs. I told him 10.5 and reg flex, he gave me the "Not possible" look. Luckily he knows I'm a big golf nerd so he couldn't argue when I explained that the ego makes people play the wrong driver.

Still the Nickent 4DX Evolver.

Nike Sasquatch ii square back driver... I have tried many other but I keep going back to my Nike... It is shorter then most other drivers but it is retardedly forgiving... I have used ball marking tape on it before to see where I was hitting the ball... You can literally hit the ball anywhere on the face and get a good result... I'm more than happy to give up 10-5 yards to get the kind of forgiveness I get from the Nike driver...

:titleist: 910D2 10.5* with :projectx: 7C3 6.0 custom fit shaft. Not the longest driver I have hit but certainly the most accurate.

I would rather be 10-15 yards shorter and be in the fairway, then "killing them" right or left into the trees!

Back