Puma Introduces Faas Lite Golf Shoe

The mesh looks more like a nice pair of runners.

Holly light is all I can say.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I really want to try these out; my course can be a tough walk with elevation changes and really like the look of these.

I just walked nine today and realized that I need a new pair of shoes. These could be the ones!

Have you got your hands on these?
Yes do tell, inquiring minds want to know some first hand knowledge on these? They just look so technologically advanced and super comfortable, I'm very curious to find out more!!!

Have you got your hands on these?

Had the mesh version in hand yesterday.

Very, very light. Up there with most light weight running shoes. The sole is really cool, flexible, yet still very cushioned feel. The only thing that I question about these shoes would be the support on the side of the upper, during the swing.

Couldn't try them on though, which was a little disappointing. Stay tunned throughout the weekend.

Very cool, looking forward to more info.

Had the mesh version in hand yesterday.

Very, very light. Up there with most light weight running shoes. The sole is really cool, flexible, yet still very cushioned feel. The only thing that I question about these shoes would be the support on the side of the upper, during the swing.

Couldn't try them on though, which was a little disappointing. Stay tunned throughout the weekend.
Very cool, I can't wait to hear more!

I love, I need, I want more....

And a new thread on the mesh. We will keep this one for the regular shoe.

I am hard pondering these like crazy.

568x300_Puma%20Shoe.jpg

was going to go try them on today but went to the course instead. They fit puma true to size?
I need to go find these in person!!!
186742-03.jpg

Love the looks of these!

I've been in the market for some lightweight golf shoes that I can walk rounds in at my local course. My course is fairly long with quite a bit of elevation changes so can make walking a challenge sometimes. I've been trying to walk more for both the health element as well as the cost savings. I also enjoy walking courses more which brought me to look at the new Puma FAAS Lite shoes.

I received these the other day and first thing you notice is how light they are. I opted for the lite version as oppose to the mesh due to the playing conditions around these parts where I would be looking for a little more weather protection than the mesh ones would offer.

Fit: This can be tricky for me as I tend to fall in between sizes based on the brands. I'm someone who wears a full size bigger in my running shoes than I do my casual / dress shoes. With these shoes I fit into the larger 'running shoe' size. When laced up the shoe hugs your foot snugly but feels good and secure... and of course super light. After first receiving them I wore them around the house and then for a short walk with the dog and can say they are super comfortable right out of the box. I wear similar type of tennis shoes so the zero drop and thin outsole are pretty normal to me, and these fit in well with that feel.

Outsole: Puma seems to go a little off the beaten path with how they put traction on the bottom of the shoes. Many company's use the small plastic/rubber spikes we are all familiar with from the companies such as Ecco and Addidas. The Faas Lite use additional traction at the heal and ball of the sole, but the rest is more of just a running sole material that is super soft. In short, they put the traction where you need it in a swing and left it off where you don't.

Finish / Look: For being as superlight as they are, I'm initially impressed with the upper material. So far, it seems like it's durable and will clean up easily as with most golf shoes... except how light and soft it is. Puma states it's a lightweight micofiber leather with a sockliner to provide it's fit. The tongue is made of the same material and I didn't notice any stiffness or rubbing with it. The liner material is a soft microfiber type material that seems like it will do well with moisture management. I like the understated as not too flashy but still quite stylish in my opinion. The shoes came with 2 pairs of shoe laces, a nice touch... one black and one grey pair.

So far my initial impressions are good and hope to get out shortly to get some time on the course. It's been pretty soggy here as of late so will be able to report back on traction and waterproofness as well as how well they clean up after the course. Holla if you have any questions!

uqy3ynyv.jpg

umytyzun.jpg

ana8ebab.jpg

2ymezeta.jpg

Younda man, thanks. I have been wanting to hear some feedback on the lights as the mesh already have me sold. I'd like one of each now....

I will have me some of the black ones please... and maybe the white and blues as well HAHA

Walked 18 in these today and liked what I saw. Conditions were very wet and soggy today (standing water all over the course) so really got to test the waterproofing and traction under these poor conditions. My playing partner was wearing another type of spikeless shoes and their feet were soaked after the first few holes. I can say after 18 holes my feet were still completely dry. Standing in water and mud had no effect on keeping the feet nice and dry. Waterproofing...? Check. With very soft conditions I was concerned with how traction would be with so few spikes on the sole... but my concerns were completely unfounded. I had no traction issues today in-spite of the wet conditions. After walking today's round, these were very comfortable and had no discomfort in any way.

Great to hear, especially about the traction

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I've been in the market for some lightweight golf shoes that I can walk rounds in at my local course. My course is fairly long with quite a bit of elevation changes so can make walking a challenge sometimes. I've been trying to walk more for both the health element as well as the cost savings. I also enjoy walking courses more which brought me to look at the new Puma FAAS Lite shoes.

I received these the other day and first thing you notice is how light they are. I opted for the lite version as oppose to the mesh due to the playing conditions around these parts where I would be looking for a little more weather protection than the mesh ones would offer.

Fit: This can be tricky for me as I tend to fall in between sizes based on the brands. I'm someone who wears a full size bigger in my running shoes than I do my casual / dress shoes. With these shoes I fit into the larger 'running shoe' size. When laced up the shoe hugs your foot snugly but feels good and secure... and of course super light. After first receiving them I wore them around the house and then for a short walk with the dog and can say they are super comfortable right out of the box. I wear similar type of tennis shoes so the zero drop and thin outsole are pretty normal to me, and these fit in well with that feel.

Outsole: Puma seems to go a little off the beaten path with how they put traction on the bottom of the shoes. Many company's use the small plastic/rubber spikes we are all familiar with from the companies such as Ecco and Addidas. The Faas Lite use additional traction at the heal and ball of the sole, but the rest is more of just a running sole material that is super soft. In short, they put the traction where you need it in a swing and left it off where you don't.

Finish / Look: For being as superlight as they are, I'm initially impressed with the upper material. So far, it seems like it's durable and will clean up easily as with most golf shoes... except how light and soft it is. Puma states it's a lightweight micofiber leather with a sockliner to provide it's fit. The tongue is made of the same material and I didn't notice any stiffness or rubbing with it. The liner material is a soft microfiber type material that seems like it will do well with moisture management. I like the understated as not too flashy but still quite stylish in my opinion. The shoes came with 2 pairs of shoe laces, a nice touch... one black and one grey pair.

So far my initial impressions are good and hope to get out shortly to get some time on the course. It's been pretty soggy here as of late so will be able to report back on traction and waterproofness as well as how well they clean up after the course. Holla if you have any questions!

uqy3ynyv.jpg

umytyzun.jpg

ana8ebab.jpg

2ymezeta.jpg
That black looks amazing!

Great thoughts on wet-weather traction dude!! Definitely a hot topic on spikeless.

I really need to get a pair of these on my feet this week. My feet are quite tired today after 36.

Back