2010 Slotline Putter Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These just came in to the office today and I must say the original photos did not do them justice. These are simply great looking putters. The finish is outstanding and we will be taking them to the range soon and get you some great pictures to showcase exactly what we mean by that.

686050896_GoijT-L-1.jpg

686051026_BXCHy-L-1.jpg

686051138_mHZo7-L-1.jpg

686051309_N545D-L-1.jpg

686051061_hwRi3-L-1.jpg

686050980_WJxZY-L-1.jpg

686051230_s2L5V-L-1.jpg

686051095_ujBoQ-L-1.jpg

686050938_pQuhD-L-1.jpg

686051187_XYWi7-L-1.jpg

I've always thought of Slotline putters as being average putters, but if these are indicative of their current quality, they're moving on up! They look like high-end putters. Very good-looking, and although I'm not a fan of heel-shafted putters, Anser-style or otherwise, they do look very nice. The insert looks absolutely cool!

• Admin
I had the exact same thouhgts as you bonk, until trying them out last year. Very solid and the feel is quite good. These look even better.

I agree as well but when JB first showed me these I was quite impressed. They are very classy looking putters. The colors are just awesome.

Seem's like forever ago these little jewels were as solid as you could get. Just guessing, it might have been early 90's when I bought mine because of all the hype. Think I paid $85 for it and man did everyone think I was cool, lol.

I just replaced it a few months ago, but may get it back out with the slower winter greens.

Can't wait to see what you think JB. I wonder if they have softened the feel with this insert?

• Admin
They came back last year with a solid lineup and our staff writer Jason wrote a great piece on both the blades and the mallets. These are exceptional looking and we will be doing quite a bit of testing with them over the next few weeks.

What kind of finish is that? Looks like Id need a pimp mug with it.

• Admin
To me it is like a cross/hybrid between satin, gold, and gunmetal. We will be taking them to the range today for some testing with some of the people at the club and get some good pictures for you to see the finish done right.

The finish is a plated Tin-Nickel finish which produces kind of a Smokey look outdoors that is non-glare.

The finish is truly unique and combined with the finish of the insert give this putter a great look.

I'm not much of a mallet guy, but I like this one.

So today we gathered a bunch of guys to test these putters on the putting green. The overall consensus was that these Slotlines are very different than ones in the past. The weighting is heavier to promote a good stroke and the insert on the face is just awesome.

Lets not forget that in the sun on the course these are as nice as anything I have seen to look at. More testing coming over the next couple of weeks, but so far so good.

Back