Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

When I saw this thread title, I thought it was titled, "Game of Thongs" :bulgy-eyes:

If I can give any piece of advice, it is to be at the same level of the books as the TV program.

I made the mistake of watching seasons 1 and 2, and then reading all the books over the winter. Book 1 and 2 were a drag because I already knew what happened (or there abouts) from the program.

I find it much more enjoyable having read the books, and knowing before hand what is going to happen in the show (or some approximation thereof). The show I watch to see how they interpret it, and enjoy it. (some portions/characters irritate me in the program ie.. how they changed Vargo Hoat, and not a fan of the added Theon info in the show)

Knowing that there is more Theon in the show than the books has me looking forward to the books. If anyone needs to die on that show (apart from Joffrey), it's Theon.

My brother called me this morning and said his wife locked herself in their bedroom for two hours after last nights episode.

My brother called me this morning and said his wife locked herself in their bedroom for two hours after last nights episode.

I went to bed thinking about it and woke up thinking about it. Crazy stuff. I'm flying out to SF on Sunday and might go crazy if HBO isn't in my hotel.

that was nuts! just watched it.
I was expecting something after hearing all of the chatter, but I wasn't expecting all of that.

As long as Daenerys Targaryen Survives the next few seasons I'll be just fine!

Damn 2 years till the next book "Winds of Winter" is out

I went to bed thinking about it and woke up thinking about it. Crazy stuff. I'm flying out to SF on Sunday and might go crazy if HBO isn't in my hotel.

use HBO go on your laptop or ipad

use HBO go on your laptop or ipad

I'd have to wait until it airs, right? Not gonna fly. Not after last night. Haha

not sure where you read that but GRM has said he wont put a release date on his books anymore after backlash from missing dates on the others.

I'd have to wait until it airs, right? Not gonna fly. Not after last night. Haha

lol better then waiting until you return home isnt it? but yea its posted to HBO go as soon as the episode is over.

I was very surprised that episode was on last night. I figured they were going to save the red wedding for the season finale

I actually thought that was the season finale, until they showed the preview for next week

lol better then waiting until you return home isnt it? but yea its posted to HBO go as soon as the episode is over.

Every hotel has HBO nowadays, right? Either way, counting down the days.

yea HBO is usually always there.. call ahead or check their website you should be able to find out ahead of time.

It's on HBO go at the same time the episode airs every Sunday (8:00 pm central).

This is the only show that I have seen such dramatic reactions to events in the show. Plenty of my coworkers said they cried during the last episode. My girlfriend almost puked and my mom said she couldn't even fathom what just happened.

It is so much fun having read the books and then watching people's reactions to the show :alien:

Don't worry about HBO while you're in San Francisco.

The only thing you need to do is find a hole-in-the-wall Chinese place called Chef Jia's on Kearny Street in China Town. #You'reWelcome

The only thing you need to do is find a hole-in-the-wall Chinese place called Chef Jia's on Kearny Street in China Town. #You'reWelcome

Full recap when I get back! Haha

And I'm just gonna leave this here: (warning: strong language)

2 years? Brutal. Then end of book 5 really left stuff so wide open, and I was really really excited to see what else happens.

If its a firm 2 years for sure, I can deal with it, but if it keeps getting pushed back further I might go crazy.

2 years? Brutal. Then end of book 5 really left stuff so wide open, and I was really really excited to see what else happens.

If its a firm 2 years for sure, I can deal with it, but if it keeps getting pushed back further I might go crazy.

GRRM estimates 2015. But remember, don't rush brilliance.

Watching with my roommate, who hasn't read the books and hasn't read any spoilers since the show aired.... should be fun!

he needs to hit the sushi boat up

Back