JoeyFootWedge

Reaction score
Handicap
On the words of advice from all of you esteemed golf nuts, I scheduled a video swing analysis and lesson for tomorrow. I think this will help me tremendously. The studio is actually running a 50% of initial lesson so I get an hour for $50. Can't beat that! My dream of being on the PGA Tour is closer to becoming a reality....kidding of course. Hopefully I can soon start trading stories from the course with all of you instead of crying because I can only hit a 9 iron 90 yards.

Good luck to all on your rounds this week and thanks again. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is obsessed with this crazy, frustrating, amazing game!

For the sake of your wallet and sanity, back out now :D

Enjoy the ride Joey!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I spent most of my life with no lessons, picking up "tips" but one session with a pro was a revelation, gave me things to work on and even just having the evaluation allowed me to understand where I was so made researching further much easier.

Even if there's a fair gap between lessons (I read about you situation in other thread), getting a pro to give you some things to work on will do wonders and give you some direction.

Good luck and be sure to report back!

For the sake of your wallet and sanity, back out now :D

I wish I could. Unfortunately I've hit enough nice shots that I'm hopelessly and completely addicted. Now to get rid of those horrendous ones...:beat-up:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I spent most of my life with no lessons, picking up "tips" but one session with a pro was a revelation, gave me things to work on and even just having the evaluation allowed me to understand where I was so made researching further much easier.

Even if there's a fair gap between lessons (I read about you situation in other thread), getting a pro to give you some things to work on will do wonders and give you some direction.

Good luck and be sure to report back!

Report back? I'm pretty sure that all of you will be sick of seeing JoeyFootWedge posting on this site in no time. Haha

It's refreshing to find a site with real golfers and no BS. I'm so sick of searching the internet and every high handicapper claiming to hit their driver for an "average" of 300 yards and hitting a 6 iron 220 yards to within 3 feet of the hole consistently. Reading about guys and gals trying to break 100 and hearing all of you talk a realistic and believable game is a welcome change and allows me to have realistic goals and not feel like I'm unworthy of being on the course with all the "pros".

THP is awesome!

Looking forward to your reporting back and I really don't think I will get sick of your reports. I enjoy reading about others improving, great decision.

Awesome, enjoy the experience, I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Back