Who enjoys pressure?

rtparty

Reaction score
Handicap
High
Who here enjoys being under pressure on the course? I don't mean from a group pushing you but the "having to sink this 10 footer to win" type of pressure.

I love the rush I get when 3 groups are sitting on the first tee and watching me hit. Or betting my buddy some money or food. The adrenaline that kicks in is my favorite.

Anyone else love it?

I always play better when somehings on the line. Of course those who attended the Ohio Invitational might believe otherwise.

I always play better when somehings on the line. Of course those who attended the Ohio Invitational might believe otherwise.

You just need the desire, drive and bluetooth device demonstrated by the "winner" at the BBQ place. Only then will you know how to handle pressure.

I love the pressure. When playing scrambles, I tend to go last (especially putting) as I just have a little bit of clutch in me every once in a while. The only pressure that gets to me in leading by 1 on the last tee box. I have the scary habit of jacking that drive.

My main playing partner and I always have the same money game when we play. $2 skins + $10/$10/$20 gross stroke play. Makes for good pressure because a bad day could easily cost you $80+

Really helps you focus during the round and preps you for tournaments and whatnot.

I believe it may have been Frank Beard who said that kids who want to grow up to be pro golfers should start playing for money at a young age, because it trains them to deal with pressure, and nothing else they do prepares them in the same way. I don't gamble on golf much, but I assure you that all of my best rounds were when something was on the line, even if it was who buys the first round of beers, or a dollar a point Wolf game.

You just need the desire, drive and bluetooth device demonstrated by the "winner" at the BBQ place. Only then will you know how to handle pressure.

He was intense for sure!

Played my first and only 79 this weekend... I had to go +1 over the last 3 holes to get there and my hands were shaking the entire time... Got pars on 16 and 17 then had to make a 5 footer to save bogie on the last hole, thought I was going to pass out...

Played my first and only 79 this weekend... I had to go +1 over the last 3 holes to get there and my hands were shaking the entire time... Got pars on 16 and 17 then had to make a 5 footer to save bogie on the last hole, thought I was going to pass out...

Nice. And I see you are in Monterey. Let's get together for a round sometime. Where did you shoot the 79?

Nice. And I see you are in Monterey. Let's get together for a round sometime. Where did you shoot the 79?

The Blues at Monterey Pines, its an easyer course but I'll take it =)

If you're ever in/around PG shoot me a message, I'd love to play.

Love pressure. I seem to swing with more control under pressure. I hit my best shot of my member-guest last weekend under a ton of pressure and arguably my worst on the next hole when I didn't feel any pressure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Golf, I absolutely hate pressure to be honest with you. Almost nothing else I love pressure, but playing golf I suck under pressure.

THPing on Tapatalk

I wouldn't say that I enjoy pressure but I always find myself playing best when a friend and I place a little wager. We often play a match play format and I always tend to step up for that, good times.

Love pressure when playing.

It ups the focus factor and I play better.

Nothing better than playing in a tense match play event and going into the final hole tied. Love that.

Now there was one time I went to a playoff in my flighted club championship. Holy cow, pressure really got to me and my opponent. I had a 9 and he had an 8 on a par 5 we had both pared earlier in the day.

I love playing with something on the line. Be it a wager, a match, anything like that. I love the make it or break it aspect.

I find if I play with my hacker buddies, my scores are hurting because we are just out having fun. The year end tournament is what its all about for me now. 3 years in a row with some sort of a price. B-side winner, then flight champion, and last year won the horse race that is more pressure packed (9 guys start on the same hole, one person left standing). This year I am cutting my rounds overall to see if I can still perform without nearly as much practice.

Love the pressure !

i love gambling cause i play better and i LOVE playing when i got the juices flowing.... i mean first tee of the pro am when your heart is pounding and your shaking a bit nothing feels better to play through those nerves.

I love it.

I don't always respond but I really enjoy having to make a par on a tough hole to win a match.

I'm not a gambler but I want to be the guy with the ball, bat, glove, putter when the game is on the line.

Nothing beats the joy of defeating an opponent with a long putt or miracle shot over trouble to stay in the hunt. Of course it comes with blowing it 4 out of 5 times, but the successes are what you remember. Pressure is good :)

i love gambling cause i play better and i LOVE playing when i got the juices flowing.... i mean first tee of the pro am when your heart is pounding and your shaking a bit nothing feels better to play through those nerves.

It's easy when you play people like me.

I like pressure but I try not to dwell on it. I still have to play my ball and take it one shot at a time.

I like the pressure. I don't respond to it correctly most of the time but when I do it's a great feeling.

I love having to beat my trash-talking (I do it too though) playing partner, or have a few groups watch me on the par-3, but have to sink a 10 footer to qualify for counties? I'd crap my pants.

No so much pressure but competition is the best. Once competitive golf was over for me I took a few years off because any golf round felt pointless.

Back