Your take on limiting technology in a golf ball?

I agree with you there in that there are already limits. But since we have the limits, how can the club and ball companies keep saying that their products are longer every year? Either the limits aren't working very well or somebody else is lying.

Or the 3 wood loft has been changed from 15 to 13......and iron lofts are stronger.

But there are definitely still technological advances being made within the established rules.

I agree with you there in that there are already limits. But since we have the limits, how can the club and ball companies keep saying that their products are longer every year? Either the limits aren't working very well or somebody else is lying.

They're brilliant and working within those limits, they're figuring out how to launch the ball higher, which let's them make the lofts stronger same ball height plus stronger lofts equals distance.

Shafts are getting longer, shaft technology is getting better.

Millions of dollars are spent on R&D to maximize the clubs within the boundaries already set, as new materials come out clubs will continue to get better.

But to say that it's limitless is false.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I keep seeing we(amateurs, THPers) hit it too far and shouldn't be able to reach or have the chance to go at a short Par4 in one.

So I ask why not?
Why should I be penalized for being in shape?
Why should I be penalized for being flexible and strong?
Why should I be penalized for working with an instructor to maximize my game(swing)?

I have been working hard to get more flexible, stronger, better technique to get the most out of myself. So why do you want to take all of that hard work away from me?

Why as an amateur should I be penalized for having a swing speed that matches the slowest of the pros?

Or the 3 wood loft has been changed from 15 to 13......and iron lofts are stronger.

But there are definitely still technological advances being made within the established rules.

They're brilliant and working within those limits, they're figuring out how to launch the ball higher, which let's them make the lofts stronger same ball height plus stronger lofts equals distance.

Shafts are getting longer, shaft technology is getting better.

Millions of dollars are spent on R&D to maximize the clubs within the boundaries already set, as new materials come out clubs will continue to get better.

But to say that it's limitless is false.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

So what you guys are saying is that there are limits, but the manufacturers are finding ways within those limits to still give more distance? So where will it finally end? That's what we don't know.

So what you guys are saying is that there are limits, but the manufacturers are finding ways within those limits to still give more distance? So where will it finally end? That's what we don't know.

Well, we know where drivers will end.

I keep seeing we(amateurs, THPers) hit it too far and shouldn't be able to reach or have the chance to go at a short Par4 in one.

So I ask why not?
Why should I be penalized for being in shape?
Why should I be penalized for being flexible and strong?
Why should I be penalized for working with an instructor to maximize my game(swing)?

I have been working hard to get more flexible, stronger, better technique to get the most out of myself. So why do you want to take all of that hard work away from me?

Why as an amateur should I be penalized for having a swing speed that matches the slowest of the pros?

When I say it I'm only speaking for myself. I'm out of shape, don't practice and have never had a lesson. I don't feel I have a right to hit it that far. I'm not an idiot, so if they give me the means to do so, I'll take it. But that doesn't mean I think it's fair for someone like me to be able to hit as far as someone who really works at it.

Well, we know where drivers will end.

Who knows, eventually, as blugold stated drivers appear to be near their end, that's why we are seeing more research in aerodynamic heads, lighter and longer shafts, lighter heads.

That tells me that the only way to get more distance from your driver is swing faster. And they are trying everything to enable you to do so.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Who knows, eventually, as blugold stated drivers appear to be near their end, that's why we are seeing more research in aerodynamic heads, lighter and longer shafts, lighter heads.

That tells me that the only way to get more distance from your driver is swing faster. And they are trying everything to enable you to do so.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Drivers have a COR limitation

Drivers have a COR limitation

I knew there was some limit but couldn't think of it offhand.

Any material advances for drivers would then be for forgiveness. But shape, shaft, and weight would still lead me to think they are trying to get you to swing faster. Which would equate to more distance.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I knew there was some limit but couldn't think of it offhand.

Any material advances for drivers would then be for forgiveness. But shape, shaft, and weight would still lead me to think they are trying to get you to swing faster. Which would equate to more distance.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Correct. Or a higher COR across the face. So the toe would react like the center, for example.

No offense to you or anyone else. But can we stop the dang lying? There are rules limiting every piece of equipment out there already. Trying to argue about creating rules and blatantly ignore or being oblivious to the rules already out there isn't going to help your case at all, and only spreads the lies.

Read the rules on how equipment, including balls, are already limited before you make such a statement.
~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

If you read my whole post, When did i ever say there are no limitations? And what in the world am i lying about?

What am i blatantly and obliviously ignoring and creating?

People are stating they would advocate for two seperate systems of rules and regs for pro vs amateur and that does not currently exist so it would have to be created. The whole very thing is based on the creation of such. People are always saying they dont feel we should have to play and be subject to the very same rules and regulations as the pro's.

We just dont know if they ever did such a thing, exactly what they would do or how they would do it.
Having two seperate rule systems doesnt have to mean they would simply put more rules and regs on the pro's end but it could also mean they may decide to also relax some existing ones for the amateur. Some people already feel some things should be different the way things currently are.

Because we have no idea what, how they would ever go about this, I merely suggested the opinion that I wouldnt like it to ever be were they relax things so much for the amateure that it allows the tech to take us too far.

You say no offense and then you blast me like i'm some kind of lying, oblivious, blatant, creating, ignorant idiot. No offense but perhaps you should ask before blatantly, ignorantly, and obliviously assuming what i meant before making such a statement.

What sport is easy? I was a baseball Allstar when I was a kid, but I didn't bat 1000. My father bowled 300 once. Once.

How would you define easy in Golf? If you don't shoot under par consistently then there is room for improvement, so what would constitute easy in Golf?

I didn't mean to offend you, I wasn't directing it at you, just used your post as an example. There are multiple people that have said that, or things along that nature and they are simply not true.

I'm sorry you feel I was directing my comments at you and calling you a lier, reading it again I can see how it came off that way, it was not my intention.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Because OEMs are like attorneys, always finding loopholes

tapin from my big as note 2

But need to expand. .
But so is everything in life..people are always seeking advantages whether in life or sports

I didn't mean to offend you, I wasn't directing it at you, just used your post as an example. There are multiple people that have said that, or things along that nature and they are simply not true.

I'm sorry you feel I was directing my comments at you and calling you a lier, reading it again I can see how it came off that way, it was not my intention.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

No worries Joe. It doesnt seem that your comments had fit my post and what i meant as i always knew there are limitaions in place. And glad you see where your post can be viewed quite personaly. All is good and forgotten. We shall respectably move on my THP brother.

When I say it I'm only speaking for myself. I'm out of shape, don't practice and have never had a lesson. I don't feel I have a right to hit it that far. I'm not an idiot, so if they give me the means to do so, I'll take it. But that doesn't mean I think it's fair for someone like me to be able to hit as far as someone who really works at it.

I'm assuming you have some athletic ability buddy. To be in golf shape you don't have to look like Tiger, Rory or DJ but you do need to have some muscle mass and the ability to use it.
The ability to use it is more important than pure strength.

I'm no model or specimen of a fitness junky, but I do work out a little and my job and other activities keep me in shape. Heck I'm only about 5'11 and just under 200 but I have learned how to use what I've got to put the ball out there.

I'm assuming you have some athletic ability buddy. To be in golf shape you don't have to look like Tiger, Rory or DJ but you do need to have some muscle mass and the ability to use it.
The ability to use it is more important than pure strength.

I'm no model or specimen of a fitness junky, but I do work out a little and my job and other activities keep me in shape. Heck I'm only about 5'11 and just under 200 but I have learned how to use what I've got to put the ball out there.

Jon Daly, Tim Herron, Carl Pettersen, or even Phil are less than in shape.

Because OEMs are like attorneys, always finding loopholes

This is a big 10-4.... They will always find ways to beat the rules..

Jon Daly, Tim Herron, Carl Pettersen, or even Phil are less than in shape.

True they are not gym rats by any means, but they have the ability to put their "shape" behind the club and to make the most out of it. Their technique to get the most of of what they have is stellar!

True they are not gym rats by any means, but they have the ability to put their "shape" behind the club and to make the most out of it. Their technique to get the most of of what they have is stellar!

Exactly. They have to get that equipment into those positions.

I can think of Ping's Eye2 wedge. But that's it.

The whole eye 2 line, the wedges of just a couple of years ago (rule change) the displacement of the drivers ..finally stopping @ 460cc
Oh..adjustable clubs..use to be a iron years ago could but was ruled out of compliance

The whole eye 2 line, the wedges of just a couple of years ago (rule change) the displacement of the drivers ..finally stopping @ 460cc
Oh..adjustable clubs..use to be a iron years ago could but was ruled out of compliance

But other than the eye2, none of them "beat" a rule.

The wedged did. They had to redinfine the rule

Back