2013 Srixon Q-Star - Review Thread

Well, I gamed the Q Star yesterday at Wolf Creek in Atl and I lost 3 of them. I don't remember the last time I lost 3 balls in a round. Didn't see the spin that I hoped I would, but I think that had to do with my poor play. Will give it a go on my home course before giving a lot of feedback.

These are great water balls for me. Not as good as my Tour B330-RXS's. but still have all the benefits of a "GI" ball.

Almost picked up a sleeve of these to try the other day. Passed and just picked up a box of my usual Bridgestone E6's. After reading most folks thoughts I'm thinking they may be worth a shot. Maybe help a bit with the slice :bashful:

Almost picked up a sleeve of these to try the other day. Passed and just picked up a box of my usual Bridgestone E6's. After reading most folks thoughts I'm thinking they may be worth a shot. Maybe help a bit with the slice :bashful:

I'll send ya a sleeve.

After deciding against switching out my old Zs for the new Qs, I relegated my remaining Qs to the backup pocket where I keep good balls I find and play on the 3 holes on my home course where I tend to lose balls (practice rounds only). Played them a fair bit recently just due to not playing well off the tee and wanting the lower spin. I still like the Qs for less spin off the tee, but I still get very annoyed around the green. I can't play my approach shots to hop and stop like with the Zs, and when chipping or pitching I have to play a bump and run because they will not stop for my like my Zs. Not a big deal if I played them regularly I guess, I just prefer playing my approach shots high and soft. Oh, and while I still prefer it to white, the yellow is not nearly as nice as my Zs :(. Close enough that if somebody offered me a box of Qs free I might pick white. Would be close.

How can you tell the 2013's from the older model?

I don't know which one I own but I played a sleeve of these yesterday and came away pretty impressed by wedge action into the greens. I hit a 60* from about 75 yards into a pretty severely sloped right to left front pin. I've had numerous balls roll 30+ feet left from this pin position before. Not yesterday, it pretty well hit and stuck. Then I had an in between 60 yard type shot into an elevated green with a bit of a back board. I hit a punch type SW to about 10 feet. Again, it stopped pretty darn close to where it landed, which was very nice.

How can you tell the 2013's from the older model?

I don't know which one I own but I played a sleeve of these yesterday and came away pretty impressed by wedge action into the greens. I hit a 60* from about 75 yards into a pretty severely sloped right to left front pin. I've had numerous balls roll 30+ feet left from this pin position before. Not yesterday, it pretty well hit and stuck. Then I had an in between 60 yard type shot into an elevated green with a bit of a back board. I hit a punch type SW to about 10 feet. Again, it stopped pretty darn close to where it landed, which was very nice.

The stripe on the box is aligned more to the left on the new ones where the box on the old ones has the stripe right down the center. New box also has text on it about the new Spin Skin cover.

The Q-Star was great today. One hop and stop with almost every iron. Much more action than I'm used to. Quickly moving up my list of favorite balls.

Just picked up some of the tour yellows today. Can't wait to give them a shot. Looking forward to seeing how they compare to the E6's

Just picked up some of the tour yellows today. Can't wait to give them a shot. Looking forward to seeing how they compare to the E6's

I'm a big bridgestone fan, but the Q Star is better than the E6 IMO. I will still game my 330Rx (over the XV) for hard/fast greens, but the Q Star will be used for all other rounds. Srixon hit a home run with this one.

Interesting that golf digest using robot testing says q star is one of the lowest spinning balls with a wedge. That actually fits more of what im seeing, I can get the urethane balls to spin, but ive never seen any decent spin with the q star like everyone else gets here. Since z stars are only 29.99 ive moved on.

Im on my third round with the new QStars. Been using E6 for last four years. I think it does spin a little more around the green. I have seen no distance issues. It doesn't seem quite as straight off the tee. Both are really good balls for my level of player. I hit a real high ball so green spin is not as big an issue. Putts real nice, a bit better than E6.

Played my first round with the Q-Stars today. It wasnt love at first strike like with my Bridgestone E6's. I have mixed feelings, going to have to play them again next round. I am by no means a "good" golfer so take my impressions with a grain of salt. The ball didn't sit as well as I had hoped around the green. Also I still tend to hit the E6 straighter (I'm a slicer). However what was good about the ball was really good. The ball has a great feel. Like the way it felt coming off the club better than both the E6's and Gamers. I putted quite well with them too. Lastly they are long! I hit them significantly longer than the E6's. I'd say an extra 5-15 yards depending on the club. Looking forward to playing them again later in the week.

Playing at 7:15am tomorrow and according to golfnow still on my own so if that remains I'll play the q-star along side the e5, z-star xv, tp3 and chrome. So far out of those the Chrome leads the pack but I have a feeling after reading most of these reviews the q-stars will not disappoint.

Just to let you know, the yellow ones don't float any better than the white ones :(

I have noticed the new spin skin cover seems to get dirtier than other balls I've used. I know that sounds funny, but usually I can just wipe the grass or light dirt off with my hand before putting, but with these, I bring a damp towel to the green. Not a big deal by any means, but thought it was worth a mention.

All I can say is WOW... I bought a sleeve of these at our local golf mart because I had $7 left over after exchanging some stuff and I needed something to round out the exchange, the sleeve of Q-Stars was sitting by the register so I grabbed them... My regular ball is the Pro-V1 which I love because it bites on the green but as yall know it can be a beast if you miss hit it (slices like a hopped up sushi chef). I found the Q-Star to be much straighter, somewhat longer and almost as good around the green as the Pro-V1. To be honest I was shocked at howmuch I like these balls and at ~$24 a pack, they are much easyier on the old wallet than the Pro-V1 balls.

Well the tp3, chrome, and z star xv remain my go to balls. The q star unfortunately didn't provide any more distance or accuracy tee to green and did not work well with my short game either.I was hoping for different results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Shot my PB with a Q Star this past weekend. Needless to say I will be getting more of these, really happy with the performance so far.

Shot my PB with a Q Star this past weekend. Needless to say I will be getting more of these, really happy with the performance so far.

Congrats on the PB!

To make a long story short, I forgot my PRO-V1 sleeve so I played the Srixon Q-Stars I picked up in a discount bin.

I will say that I loved the balls and went on to win one CP and came in 2nd for the tournament (In my opinion they were straighter, somewhat longer, and only slightly worse around the greens than the PRO-V1, the bigest thing being miss hits stayed in the rough vs. going into the woods)... I was so impressed with the balls performance that I wrote Srixon/Cleveland customer service.

Well they wrote back congradulating me and wanted to know my address so they could send me some Cleveland gear to wear =)

Ha! I'm telling all my buddies I have a Cleveland endorsement =p

Good stuff, I have to try the 2013 Q-stars. I have heard they spin more than last years and I'm interested to try em out.

Has anyone seen much difference between the 2012 and 2013 Q-Star?

Back