A couple of unique wedges

Speedliner

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently bought a miura 50* head with Accra sp shaft for a reasonable price. Loved the combo, but the Accra at 124g was a little heavy for me. So I put an aerotech Steelfiber 95g shaft and it is perfect for me. I'm very accurate with it and much better than I am with my mizunos and DG spinners, so I decided to replace the mizunos.

I came upon these, new but at a used price and thought they looked intriguing. They're Miura Giken, miura's Japanese market brand. The unique grind is supposed to provide three things:

1) allow for a variety of shots due to the relief in the grind
2) reduce resistance through rough and sand
3) stabilize the head through rough and sand by channeling material through the cutout in the center.

I take all of that with a grain of salt, but there's no arguing that they look different, so I thought I'd give them a try. I'm in the rough, near the green often and gauging speed through the rough is one of my biggest misses, so what the heck.

I am very happy with the aerotech shaft so I went with it again.

I haven't been to the range yet to test distances, by Saturday's round with them was good. I use the old 50 most often, but these did well. One particular sand shot on a wet , compacted bunker came out perfect. The blade cut through the sand crisply and as advertised, seemed to come through with less than expected resistance. I was surprised at the feel and result of the shot.

I still don't take the lower resistance and stabilize the head thing seriously, but you never know. Not sure I'm skilled enough to know the difference anyway, but open-minded and anxious to see how I do with them.

Also, I really like the black widow, widow maker midsize grips. Maybe that's another brief review.

So far so good. Here are some pics.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370876931.537982.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370876945.181211.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370876957.719719.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370876973.799383.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370876985.216056.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370876995.774354.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370877010.204334.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting stuff. Sort of Trusty Rusty-ish.

They are rusty-esque with that cuyt-out in the middle... look great with the steel fibers in there though

Very unique look to them, for sure.

Definitely an interesting design. Looking forward to your thoughts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Look at you being a JDM wh*re! Glad you like them.

Lol Anthony. I like that they're different and the 50 is great, so why not try more

With all the "buttery soft" talk about Miura's, I don't find that at all. They have a firm, clicky feel to them. Somehow it's a very positive feel. My Mizunos feel much softer. I think I like the "feel" of the miura's better. There's more feedback.

Interesting wedges for sure and you'll never run into anyone else playing them I'm sure!

Nice looking for sure. Hope they serve you well!

I play the Miura K Grind which has three of those cuts in the sole. They definitely slide through rough and sand more easily and still play like traditional wedges off of the fairway.

Back