Who is going to the US Open @ merion next week?

Merion isn't quite the draw for me personally, but I am putting plans together for next year. Strongly thinking about taking a week off for Pinehurst.

Merion isn't quite the draw for me personally, but I am putting plans together for next year. Strongly thinking about taking a week off for Pinehurst.
Pinehurst is going to be unique in that they are hosting the men and women in back to back weeks. Finding lodging will be tricky.

I'll be there on Monday. I'm looking forward to it. One of my dad's fav golf stories was about the time he and his brother walked a practice round with Palmer, Trevino and Rodriguez at Merion in the 60s. So will be enjoyable for a couple of reasons.

We were at Augusta in 2002 when Palmer walked the fairway for the last time! Epic and sad to see that chapter close.

Friend of mine is ditching our traditional father's day outing just to go to the US Open. Unbelievable.

Pinehurst is going to be unique in that they are hosting the men and women in back to back weeks. Finding lodging will be tricky.

Working on that. Looks like a number of folks are renting their houses, and it wouldn't be bad with a group, so that's the route I'm taking.

Anyone know when the players start getting out on Wednesday? I wanna get there at 6:00am and my brother is saying it will be a while before we see any "good players". Figured I'd get there when gates open, hit the merchandise tent and get some food and that would probably kill about an hour at least.

Anyone know when the players start getting out on Wednesday? I wanna get there at 6:00am and my brother is saying it will be a while before we see any "good players". Figured I'd get there when gates open, hit the merchandise tent and get some food and that would probably kill about an hour at least.
Precut ice rounds are harde to judge, To say no good golfers will go out early? I've not seen that to be the case during the Open. They will be out there at various times. The range and the putting green will be busy. At Olympic last year if a golfer had an early morning first round he was out there for an early morning practice round. But at Olympic there was a drastic temperature difference from the first hole which was up on the hillside and the 14th which was down in the basin. Getting there as the gates open will give you plenty of time to scope things out, do some shopping and get a bite to eat. There willbe plenty of other things to do also. Make a full day of it

Today due to rain they did not let the practice rounds start until 11am. Even at 11am they kept hole 11 closed due to rain/flooding. Around 3pm the suspended practice rounds. Saw Tiger play 15 and 16 (he played alone). He hit 3 shots off the tee of 15 and all three into the green. Then he put all 3 balls in the greenside bunker and hit to several different spots on the green from the bunker. Then he went back and chipped onto the green about 5 times to various spots on the green. Putted to several different spots on the green. Then before he left 15 green he would just toss balls to different spots on the green and watched where they rolled out. Never saw him or his caddy make any notes. Then he moved on to 16 where it look like he teed off once with a 3w and then a 5w?

Anybody going to US Open at Merion -they have until further notice closed the spectator parking at Rose Tree Park. I parked there today and it was in pretty bad shape when I left there at 2pm - you are parking on the grass. I guess it just became too muddy. All spectator parking is (until further notice) at PPL park

Anyone runs into Chad from Callaway and picks up an extra US Open coin for me, I have something nice I'll exchange ya for it!

Anyone runs into Chad from Callaway and picks up an extra US Open coin for me, I have something nice I'll exchange ya for it!

I already plan to grab one for TH if I can hunt down Chad, but I'll see what I can do for you too dude!

I am headed down Wednesday by myself my wife got me a Ticket for my birthday! She got me the Trophy club which is nice I can grab food and hit the AC if need be. I am a little nervous about where to park and what time i should leave. I live in bucks county about an hour away. Any advice?

I've heard that many locals are selling spots in their driveways, but its hit or miss.

Another question, the ticket i got in the mail is rather large do I just bring that with me and hang some where on my persons or do they give you a wrist band?

Are they serious about no cell phones?

If you end up going tomorrow a.m., look for me in the merchandise tent. I was in the hat section today at the register. Am working until 11:45 a.m.

Another question, the ticket i got in the mail is rather large do I just bring that with me and hang some where on my persons or do they give you a wrist band?

Bring the tik with a lanyard if possible. No wrist bands.

Are they serious about no cell phones?

Yes. You can drop it off at one of their tents, but they won't let you in with one unless you're a volunteer.

What lanyard? Was i supposed to get one? Also Is it safe leaving yuor phone at a tent? I might just leave it in the car but I will probably park at PPL seems to be the only option.

Back