Recap Thread - THP New England Invitational Sponsored By KBS

Haha I wish I was sandbagging for the past 2 months when I was shooting in the mid 80s!

And who they hell is this Tim guy everyone is talking about?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Haha I wish I was sandbagging for the past 2 months when I was shooting in the mid 80s!

I kept calling him Stan and he kept answering. Maybe we had an imaginary 5th member of our group named Tim and he kept stealing Colt's stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was standing on the tee box when you sad you hated wearing hats during golf, and mentioned to my group that you may have left it intentionally; however there was no convincing the rest of my foursome.

After returning your vaporizer twice and helping you look for your irons, we didn't think twice about the hat left behind on the tee box.

Yeah. I kinda figured. To be honest I was expecting much more heckling than I got from everyone.

Stan was great. I was explaining to him that I wasn't upset about losing the clubs and that I just start having mini panic attacks when I realize that my memory is slipping on me. Then he politely and nonchalantly told me that I had informed him of that a couple of times already. I didn't remember saying anything to him, but my entire group really helped to calm me down from going into full on anxiety attack mode. They honestly made me feel really at ease and like I was the only one even being effected by my issues.

I honestly can't say enough about what that meant to me at the time.

I kept calling him Stan and he kept answering. Maybe we had an imaginary 5th member of our group named Tim and he kept stealing Colt's stuff?

Well played, sir.

I left Albany at 6:00 am Saturday morning. It worked out because it had stopped raining and I didn’t see another car until I got to Springfield; and nothing even remotely close to traffic until I got to Hartford. It’s been a few years since I’ve driven through Hartford, but I’m happy to see the drivers there haven’t changed. Me in the middle lane doing 70 in a 50 mph zone, and getting passed on both sides.

I arrived at Lyman just before 8:30, which allowed me to walk around the clubhouse/grill for a bit and grab a breakfast sandwich. From the grill you could see the flooded driving range, and the picture Morgan uploaded to the Forum didn’t do it justice. I’m still a bit surprised that we not only played, but that the course was in such good shape after all of that rain.

Checking in, Morgan indicated that she recognized me…I blurted out Clemenza, and she responded with “I knew it!” I have no reason to doubt her, and that’s pretty impressive after having only played in one THP event prior. On the putting green I recognized a familiar face from the New Jersey outing, Jeff (Fireitup), and we chatted for a few minutes. Let’s finally play a round the next time you come up to the Area.

As for the putting contest: I took Colt’s approach, either it’s going in, or it’s going off the green. I hit full 3 woods later in the day that didn’t go as far as my attempt at that putt. Walking off the green after the contest, Joe (jlukes) had a great line: “I’m going to have to convince my wife that I won this too…..” Great putt, and congrats.

I promised Buck on the Forum that I would hit driver on the 1st tee after hooking my fairway wood into the woods at the NJ Event. Well, I pulled the driver, and hooked it left into the trees. Thank god we got a breakfast ball…because I hooked that one left too.

My partner for the Event was Amol (arydolphin); and even though JB indicated that he cheats, Amol has serious game. He struggled a bit off the tee in the beginning (according to him!), but is solid all around and makes EVERYTHING from inside 15 feet. If his partner could’ve gotten off the tee (or hit an iron, chip, or make any putt outside of 4 feet), we would’ve had a shot at the trophy. Golf aside, he is about the nicest guy I’ve met and it was a pleasure riding in a cart with him for 18 holes.

It was great having Ken (kenh) in our foursome. Although there were too many “don’t go left” and not enough “plenty of room left” warnings for my game, his knowledge of the course and it’s hidden dangers were invaluable—especially on the front 9 (Player Course). On the 6th hole, where you could only see the green from about 50 yards and in due to the large down slope, he told me that the green was located between the two large poles. I was standing so far left after another hooked tee shot that I could only see one pole.

The remaining player in our foursome was Robert (Spahrticus). His game is jaw droppingly good. I have no idea how he shot what he did, I had him pegged 7 shots lower. His first 3 or 4 chips all hit the pin. Amol asked if he was coming in hard and straight on purpose. He said that “eventually one will go in”, I’m only half-convinced he was joking.

The round, and the banter, was so much fun, and I would love to tee it up with each of you guys again.

On every green we were standing on, I would turn around and look. Sure enough, 4 balls in the fairway. When we got to the next tee box, I’d look over again and sure enough, 4 balls on the green. It’s no shock to me that the winners came from that group. Congratulations Acole and BillMcK!

I showed up at dinner about 5 minutes late, and everyone had already sat down. There just happened to be one empty seat at one of the tables, and I got pretty lucky because I ended up sitting with Jen (Nerfny); Dean (ddec); Stan Tim (StanTheCaddy); Amol; & Charlie (Damaikis). A few minutes later, Ken and his wife showed up and slid another table over to the edge of ours. The conversation was light and funny, and a little about golf, a lot about life. It just seemed like a Saturday night among friends. Walking out of the restaurant afterwards, I finally got to pet Lexie. She is a sweet and beautiful pup.

Can’t thank Ricky (DevRickus) enough for his work in organizing such an awesome event; the Lyman Orchards staff who went out of their way to make sure our event went off without a hitch; and a huge thanks to Josh and Morgan, who are responsible for all of this.

One last thought, as this recap is starting to drag on. Amol and I had a quick conversation about Forum names while approaching one green. While he thinks the story behind my name is better (my favorite character in my father’s favorite movie), we both created our names in another forum in another far off place and never got around to coming up with anything else. Regardless of all of that, what I came to realize quickly this weekend, was that once the conversations started, I wasn’t Clemenza from the internet, I was Pete from Albany. And that is what makes these events and this forum so much fun.

More later….

So i had a decent time in CT... there sure are a lot of trees in CT and rain lots of rain in CT also!

i got into CT around 1 on Friday since our morning round got rained out so i traveled 4.5 hours in pouring rain which sucked but it worked out really well as MikeDean and myself arrived at the hotel at the same time to check in (he was my roomate since Vince couldn't make the trip). Met Dev and we decided to go get a cocktail. so drove the boys to the closest sports bar and started drinking some Guinness and did a car bomb... a few others showed up Jlukes and his old lady and colt and a few others we drank and had a good time and went right down the street to meet up with JB and Morgan for dinner at a very fancy italian restaurant that makes the biggest calzones! Colt had a calzone that was bigger than him. mikedean had a biggest loser size calzone and paid for it later that night so i dunno how colt even made it on Saturdays competition.

Saturday got up early and headed over to the course to get breakfast with mike.... checked in had a great breakfast was BUMMED the pro shop didn't have any course logo balls to buy.... met JB who lent me a set of irons for the event... nike VR pro combos. they were nice since the range was closed JB was hitting balls into the woods so i brought over a few crappy balls and hit some irons into the woods. felt good and was ready to hit some good shots.....

had the worst putt out of everyone on the putting contest to win a watch gps.... enjoyed getting ribbed by josh till he made the dumbest comment ever about bettinardi being better when under mizuno... i almost threw up in my mouth... but regained my composure and got ready for my round....

got to play with Charlie finally really a great kid. has an amazing swing and so consistent off the tee i don't think he missed a fairway all day! was flat out impressive hes got game and def can see how he won an invitational already. the lama also played really great all day and hit some solid shots and was also a great guy!... my partner skeet was fun to listen to all day and had some great holes as well.... for myself i played like crap on the front 9 the course really took me out of the game i like to play and i tried to play safe instead of going for it like i usually do. i finally had enough on the one hole and decided to try to cut the corner on a par 4 and drove the fringe on the green. after that stella got her groove back and i played decent on the rest of the front and played really well on the back 9. unfortionately it wasn't enough to get the win and honestly with the way i played on the first 5 holes i didn't deserve it. congrats to the winners guys played some great golf......

JLukes- congrats on an amazing round... i was very impressed with what you personally scored with the course playing so wet and great putt to win the watch... your wife was a lot of fun as well and i hope i didn't offend her with my intellectual conversation at the bar.

colt- you're a good dude really glad i got to meet you and see your bettinardi. we def need to get a round in sometime in the future!

dev- dude for a devils fan you're awesome! you're exactly as i thought you'd be awesome and funny and just a great guy to hang out with. i know i'll be teeing it up with you at some point in the future. thanks for putting all the hard work into making this possible.

mottoo- you're beard was the best there since francisD didn't make it.... congrats on that. i love the glistening donut glaze that was in it for most of the day!

Ddec, Nerfny, Lexie- awesome seeing you guys and i like the way you lick my face! tickles my nose!

Ary- thanks for letting me take your bag to the bag drop! and i'm glad i didn't almost kill you!

WCBM- awesome finally meeting you Tim can't wait to play with you in Myrtle on saturday!!!!!

MikeDean- although you look like a stick figure you sure didn't lose you're awesome personality with all those LBS..... thanks again for the room and glad i got to see you again before myrtle.... which will be epic cause you're my roomate again.... ill bring the matches in myrtle.

JB and Morgan- as always thanks for making the invitational possible great to see you both and hang out. also thanks for letting me borrow those irons. you guys both ROCK!!!!!!

I left Albany at 6:00 am Saturday morning. It worked out because it had stopped raining and I didn’t see another car until I got to Springfield; and nothing even remotely close to traffic until I got to Hartford. It’s been a few years since I’ve driven through Hartford, but I’m happy to see the drivers there haven’t changed. Me in the middle lane doing 70 in a 50 mph zone, and getting passed on both sides.

I arrived at Lyman just before 8:30, which allowed me to walk around the clubhouse/grill for a bit and grab a breakfast sandwich. From the grill you could see the flooded driving range, and the picture Morgan uploaded to the Forum didn’t do it justice. I’m still a bit surprised that we not only played, but that the course was in such good shape after all of that rain.

Checking in, Morgan indicated that she recognized me…I blurted out Clemenza, and she responded with “I knew it!” I have no reason to doubt her, and that’s pretty impressive after having only played in one THP event prior. On the putting green I recognized a familiar face from the New Jersey outing, Jeff (Fireitup), and we chatted for a few minutes. Let’s finally play a round the next time you come up to the Area.

As for the putting contest: I took Colt’s approach, either it’s going in, or it’s going off the green. I hit full 3 woods later in the day that didn’t go as far as my attempt at that putt. Walking off the green after the contest, Joe (jlukes) had a great line: “I’m going to have to convince my wife that I won this too…..” Great putt, and congrats.

I promised Buck on the Forum that I would hit driver on the 1st tee after hooking my fairway wood into the woods at the NJ Event. Well, I pulled the driver, and hooked it left into the trees. Thank god we got a breakfast ball…because I hooked that one left too.

My partner for the Event was Amol (arydolphin); and even though JB indicated that he cheats, Amol has serious game. He struggled a bit off the tee in the beginning (according to him!), but is solid all around and makes EVERYTHING from inside 15 feet. If his partner could’ve gotten off the tee (or hit an iron, chip, or make any putt outside of 4 feet), we would’ve had a shot at the trophy. Golf aside, he is about the nicest guy I’ve met and it was a pleasure riding in a cart with him for 18 holes.

It was great having Ken (kenh) in our foursome. Although there were too many “don’t go left” and not enough “plenty of room left” warnings for my game, his knowledge of the course and it’s hidden dangers were invaluable—especially on the front 9 (Player Course). On the 6th hole, where you could only see the green from about 50 yards and in due to the large down slope, he told me that the green was located between the two large poles. I was standing so far left after another hooked tee shot that I could only see one pole.

The remaining player in our foursome was Robert (Spahrticus). His game is jaw droppingly good. I have no idea how he shot what he did, I had him pegged 7 shots lower. His first 3 or 4 chips all hit the pin. Amol asked if he was coming in hard and straight on purpose. He said that “eventually one will go in”, I’m only half-convinced he was joking.

The round, and the banter, was so much fun, and I would love to tee it up with each of you guys again.

On every green we were standing on, I would turn around and look. Sure enough, 4 balls in the fairway. When we got to the next tee box, I’d look over again and sure enough, 4 balls on the green. It’s no shock to me that the winners came from that group. Congratulations Acole and BillMcK!

I showed up at dinner about 5 minutes late, and everyone had already sat down. There just happened to be one empty seat at one of the tables, and I got pretty lucky because I ended up sitting with Jen (Nerfny); Dean (ddec); Stan Tim (StanTheCaddy); Amol; & Charlie (Damaikis). A few minutes later, Ken and his wife showed up and slid another table over to the edge of ours. The conversation was light and funny, and a little about golf, a lot about life. It just seemed like a Saturday night among friends. Walking out of the restaurant afterwards, I finally got to pet Lexie. She is a sweet and beautiful pup.

Can’t thank Ricky (DevRickus) enough for his work in organizing such an awesome event; the Lyman Orchards staff who went out of their way to make sure our event went off without a hitch; and a huge thanks to Josh and Morgan, who are responsible for all of this.

One last thought, as this recap is starting to drag on. Amol and I had a quick conversation about Forum names while approaching one green. While he thinks the story behind my name is better (my favorite character in my father’s favorite movie), we both created our names in another forum in another far off place and never got around to coming up with anything else. Regardless of all of that, what I came to realize quickly this weekend, was that once the conversations started, I wasn’t Clemenza from the internet, I was Pete from Albany. And that is what makes these events and this forum so much fun.

More later….

Had no idea you were from Albany. My wife is from Latham. I get dragged up their frequently. Will let you know next time so maybe we can get ddec to play with us.

Had no idea you were from Albany. My wife is from Latham. I get dragged up their frequently. Will let you know next time so maybe we can get ddec to play with us.

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more. I live in Menands, which is just a zip code in Albany, but in the Town of Colonie and on the border of Latham. Small world.

Look forward to teeing it up with both of you guys.

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat more. I live in Menands, which is just a zip code in Albany, but in the Town of Colonie and on the border of Latham. Small world.

Awesome! Cant wait. I have to go next weekend but not sure if I can sneak away to golf yet. If I can I will let you know.

StanTheCaddy - Aside from the obvious need to change your username, you are a great guy. Awesome to be around. Alot of fun and apparently you have the game to back it up. I heard you played pretty well out there. Hopefully we can get a bunch of New Englanders together in the fall for a round or 2.

StanTheCaddy - His name might be Tim, but I only call him Stan. We me last year in Ohio, but just like with Jlukes, I got to hang out with him more this time. We are hoping to get together in a few weeks for some golf. We even talked about perhaps a Bethpage trip.

I kept calling him Stan all day on Saturday. Until I see a birth certificate, I refuse to believe his name is Tim.

Stan Tim is awesome. Cant wait to tee it up with you buddy.

StanTim and amsmith, I appreciate y'all covering my forgetfulness as generosity. Both of y'all are great guys. I would like to say thanks to everybody who returned my vaporizer and my irons to me. For the record though. I really was trying to give away the PING hat. Never even thought about the fact that nobody was actually going to just take it.

Next time I'll leave a sticky note that says, "from colt to whomever wants it". :D

Wait...so Stan isnt his real name?:alien:

:confused2: #IdentityCrisis

I love this site. Awesome meeting all you guys!

Awesome! Cant wait. I have to go next weekend but not sure if I can sneak away to golf yet. If I can I will let you know.

Hmm you will have to let ddec and I know as well.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk much on Saturday and didn't realize you are from Albany. Was telling Ddec that we should find a course in middle of New York to meet up and play a round - maybe Turning Stone??

We can try to get Colt to join as well.

Time to make a run at the recap

The day started off at about 4am, headed to the airport at 4:30 and got there by 5:30 for my flight.
Got in Friday and Scarnici was nice enough to pick me up from the airport. Our plans were to play a round with THPERS but the pouring down rain wasnt something we had interest in playing in. Got to chat it up a bit in the car, super nice guy, and big shock...he's in IT like half the people on this site. I met up with JB and GG and got to watch JB drool over some laptops at best buy before getting dropped off at my hotel.

At check in I was greeted by the man himself Devrickus. This was someone I was looking forward to meeting for a long time, as we have become good friends thanks to this awesome site. Chatted for a few minutes and then my roomate the tatted up freak showed up. Hadnt seen my man Buck since December but it was instantly just like old times. We disposed of our gear and then the 3 of us headed over to a local sports bar to hang out. After awhile a few more thpers showed up to the party. Jlukes, Mrs Jlukes, Colt and Shankasaurus. Had a great time talking to everyone about all things THP and mostly listening to Buck's funny accent. After 2 hours of that we met up with JB and GG at a pizza joint for some dinner. The conversation was non stop and entertaining...that is until I received my Calzone (the death of me). Colt ordered the same thing but like 30 times larger than mine and as expected he had 0 chance of finishing it, which was probably a good idea as I remain certain that it would have killed him. 2 Hours later it was time to head back to the hotel and call it a night. Spent some time on THP that night convincing Mitch that he didnt nead Noah's Ark to get to the course, and that we would indeed be golfing tomorrow. After talking to Buck's lady friend on the phone and some Bettinardi pillow talk, Day 1 came to and end.

Saturday
For some reason I woke up at 5am and looked over and I kid you not, Buck was up already looking at pics from the Bettinardi social the night before (dude has a problem). Looked outside and for the first time since my arrival, it was not raining...golf was going to be played. We were going to get some breakfast downstairs but Buck said we would have had to beat down quite a few old folks to get any grub, so we decided to wait til we got to the course.

Got to Lyman Orchards and first thing we saw was the awesome THP Tour Van. We proceeded to head to the clubhouse and the party was on the putting green as the driving range had a lake suddenly in the middle of it thanks to the rain. Was able to hang and chat it up with mostly people I hadnt met before which is one of the best parts about these events. Was able to meet my Team Albatross teammate finally WCBM, and I believe outside of Ddec, 8675309 and Stan The Caddy, everyone else I was meeting for the first time. After hitting a few drives and altitudes over by the chipping green (dont ask), we headed over to the putting contest. Freaking jlukes almost made that bomb and won (or bought) a nice GPS watch. A few pictures and some more chatting and we were ready to tee it up.

Due to a few people not showing, team THP didnt happen and instead I was able to tee it up with Fireitup. The other jabronis in our 4 some were Philly golf Guy and 8675309. Fireitup was piping that driver of his, low lasers right down the middle of the fairway. Unfortunately he was so intimidated by my awesome golf game, he had to leave after 11 holes or so. Philly Golf Guy was able to laugh off the first tee mishap he had and after switching out drivers, started to hit the ball well. You really hit your hybrid pretty darn good, that club is a keeper. 90210 despite being heckled all day for hitting 3W off the tee was great to play with. Dude has a great golf swing and keeps the ball in front of him, hence his solid scoring. Pretty sure these 2 guys are buying altitudes in the near future after goofing around with them on the course.
After 11 holes, my new cart-mate was JB. As we always seem to do, we had a great time laughing it up on the course (primarily at 8675309). Being the 3rd group out we finished up and hung out with everyone else while the other groups finished. Everything was fine til I found out Buck's team was winning so I immediately began rooting for every other group out there. A few groups came in right after ours and then there was about a 65 HOUR LULL in action while Jlukes, Colt, Stan or whoever the caddy and amsmith finally finished up with the only light in the sky being the moon. Last group came in, beat Buck's team and then it was back to the hotel before dinner. The course was in amazing shape all things considered and I would play there again in a heartbeat.

Ricky lined up a great dinner for us as we were able to have our own private room which always makes things way better. Had a table at dinner with Ricky, Teedupthoughts, JB, GG, Jlukes and his wife shannon. After awhile colt joined us and we worked on moving tables around to make it easier. Once I got rid of Julukes I had a great time talking to his wife Shannon who is super cool and really down to earth and I dont think she was too creeped out by all of the internet friends of Joe's. Had a great time laughing it up (primarily at my expense) and the food was great, despite me only getting 1 fishy. Dev, Colt and I had a tee time for Sunday at 5:54 am and needed a 4th, Jlukes said we had to convince his wife to let him play. Easiest thing I did all weekend, then again I am "the closer".
Dinner wrapped up and as is customary everyone hung out in the parking lot not wanting the evening to end. Ricky, Colt and I snuck over to Sonic for some ice cream before calling it a night.

Woke up stupid early to golf on Sunday and a huge shoutout to Ricky, Colt and Jlukes for teeing it up with me. Despite it being early and still a bit soggy we had a great time. The 3 of them were able to witness me finally hitting a par 3 green, which had to be amazing for them. Dev could see me struggling with club selection so decided to be my caddie after awhile...he stunk at it. Colt hit like 50 tee balls on one hole, all of which were snap hooks into water. Jlukes for some weird reason seems to end up in the trees on every single finishing holes. After the round and some quick goodbyes we headed over to the apple orchard to pick up some goodies. I purchased the BEST EVER apple turnover and inhaled it before the other guys got done paying for theirs. Ricky took me to the airport and that wrapped things up.

Quick Shoutouts:

JB/GG-Thank you so much again for an awesome weekend. You guys know what this site means to me and the timing of this event could not have been better, and you as always went out of your way to make it an amazing weekend.

Buckjob-Really glad to see you again bro. It had been waaaay too long and way overdue. Enjoyed our pillowtalk on Friday and am glad we have become such good friends over the past year.

Ricky-We finally meet, and before you even meet Dan lol. Thanks for setting up this awesome weekend, and thanks for not cracking on me too hard and making me cry.

Ddec-Good seeing you again buddy, remember what I said about where team Dotcom finishes at the MC #imneverwrong

Mitch-Glad to see your beard...and you again. Thanks for not being a debbie downer and showing up. Missed you buddy.

Jlukes-Glad we got to hang out man, your a good dude no matter what anyone else says about you...lol

Colt-Im so sorry for what that Calzone is going to do to your insides.

Random Thoughts

1. Lyman orchards is the best draining golf course on planet earth. If this invitational is held anywhere else, with that rain, that round NEVER happens.

2. Buckjob has a funny accent

3. Philly Golf guy had a THP first on tee #1.

4. A calzone is NOT supposed to have that much freaking cheese.

5. Dear Stan the Caddy---I have not forgotten about you, expect that punch to the face next time we meet.

6. #18 yesterday was the first time in awhile that I feared my life on the golf course as an aerial assault was launched on us by the guys on the range.

7. Mrs Jlukes is easier 10x cooler than the Jlukes...just sayin

8. 8675309/90210/6-4-3 double play/Six4Three5 is one cool cat

9. Awww skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet

10. IS Thainer coming to the Invitational?

NE peeps you guys rock, I had such a great time and would tee it up with any of you anytime anywhere.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk much on Saturday and didn't realize you are from Albany. Was telling Ddec that we should find a course in middle of New York to meet up and play a round - maybe Turning Stone??

We can try to get Colt to join as well.

I am in for this.

Buckjob is giving me a backrub in that tour van picture, obviously the only time I smile.

Dev, Ddec, Nerfny, Clemenza, even make Jlukes come! I would be more than willing to meet somewhere near Albany area or even somewhere in the middle if need be like Amsmith said. Just let me know when and I'd do my best to make it.

Lyman Orchards is gorgeous in the fall when the leaves are changing. I would definitely be up for a repeat.

The day started off at about 4am, headed to the airport at 4:30 and got there by 5:30 for my flight.
Got in Friday and Scarnici was nice enough to pick me up from the airport. Our plans were to play a round with THPERS but the pouring down rain wasnt something we had interest in playing in. Got to chat it up a bit in the car, super nice guy, and big shock...he's in IT like half the people on this site. I met up with JB and GG and got to watch JB drool over some laptops at best buy before getting dropped off at my hotel.

At check in I was greeted by the man himself Devrickus. This was someone I was looking forward to meeting for a long time, as we have become good friends thanks to this awesome site. Chatted for a few minutes and then my roomate the tatted up freak showed up. Hadnt seen my man Buck since December but it was instantly just like old times. We disposed of our gear and then the 3 of us headed over to a local sports bar to hang out. After awhile a few more thpers showed up to the party. Jlukes, Mrs Jlukes, Colt and Shankasaurus. Had a great time talking to everyone about all things THP and mostly listening to Buck's funny accent. After 2 hours of that we met up with JB and GG at a pizza joint for some dinner. The conversation was non stop and entertaining...that is until I received my Calzone (the death of me). Colt ordered the same thing but like 30 times larger than mine and as expected he had 0 chance of finishing it, which was probably a good idea as I remain certain that it would have killed him. 2 Hours later it was time to head back to the hotel and call it a night. Spent some time on THP that night convincing Mitch that he didnt nead Noah's Ark to get to the course, and that we would indeed be golfing tomorrow. After talking to Buck's lady friend on the phone and some Bettinardi pillow talk, Day 1 came to and end.

Saturday
For some reason I woke up at 5am and looked over and I kid you not, Buck was up already looking at pics from the Bettinardi social the night before (dude has a problem). Looked outside and for the first time since my arrival, it was not raining...golf was going to be played. We were going to get some breakfast downstairs but Buck said we would have had to beat down quite a few old folks to get any grub, so we decided to wait til we got to the course.

Got to Lyman Orchards and first thing we saw was the awesome THP Tour Van. We proceeded to head to the clubhouse and the party was on the putting green as the driving range had a lake suddenly in the middle of it thanks to the rain. Was able to hang and chat it up with mostly people I hadnt met before which is one of the best parts about these events. Was able to meet my Team Albatross teammate finally WCBM, and I believe outside of Ddec, 8675309 and Stan The Caddy, everyone else I was meeting for the first time. After hitting a few drives and altitudes over by the chipping green (dont ask), we headed over to the putting contest. Freaking jlukes almost made that bomb and won (or bought) a nice GPS watch. A few pictures and some more chatting and we were ready to tee it up.

Due to a few people not showing, team THP didnt happen and instead I was able to tee it up with Fireitup. The other jabronis in our 4 some were Philly golf Guy and 8675309. Fireitup was piping that driver of his, low lasers right down the middle of the fairway. Unfortunately he was so intimidated by my awesome golf game, he had to leave after 11 holes or so. Philly Golf Guy was able to laugh off the first tee mishap he had and after switching out drivers, started to hit the ball well. You really hit your hybrid pretty darn good, that club is a keeper. 90210 despite being heckled all day for hitting 3W off the tee was great to play with. Dude has a great golf swing and keeps the ball in front of him, hence his solid scoring. Pretty sure these 2 guys are buying altitudes in the near future after goofing around with them on the course.
After 11 holes, my new cart-mate was JB. As we always seem to do, we had a great time laughing it up on the course (primarily at 8675309). Being the 3rd group out we finished up and hung out with everyone else while the other groups finished. Everything was fine til I found out Buck's team was winning so I immediately began rooting for every other group out there. A few groups came in right after ours and then there was about a 65 HOUR LULL in action while Jlukes, Colt, Stan or whoever the caddy and amsmith finally finished up with the only light in the sky being the moon. Last group came in, beat Buck's team and then it was back to the hotel before dinner. The course was in amazing shape all things considered and I would play there again in a heartbeat.

Ricky lined up a great dinner for us as we were able to have our own private room which always makes things way better. Had a table at dinner with Ricky, Teedupthoughts, JB, GG, Jlukes and his wife shannon. After awhile colt joined us and we worked on moving tables around to make it easier. Once I got rid of Julukes I had a great time talking to his wife Shannon who is super cool and really down to earth and I dont think she was too creeped out by all of the internet friends of Joe's. Had a great time laughing it up (primarily at my expense) and the food was great, despite me only getting 1 fishy. Dev, Colt and I had a tee time for Sunday at 5:54 am and needed a 4th, Jlukes said we had to convince his wife to let him play. Easiest thing I did all weekend, then again I am "the closer".
Dinner wrapped up and as is customary everyone hung out in the parking lot not wanting the evening to end. Ricky, Colt and I snuck over to Sonic for some ice cream before calling it a night.

Woke up stupid early to golf on Sunday and a huge shoutout to Ricky, Colt and Jlukes for teeing it up with me. Despite it being early and still a bit soggy we had a great time. The 3 of them were able to witness me finally hitting a par 3 green, which had to be amazing for them. Dev could see me struggling with club selection so decided to be my caddie after awhile...he stunk at it. Colt hit like 50 tee balls on one hole, all of which were snap hooks into water. Jlukes for some weird reason seems to end up in the trees on every single finishing holes. After the round and some quick goodbyes we headed over to the apple orchard to pick up some goodies. I purchased the BEST EVER apple turnover and inhaled it before the other guys got done paying for theirs. Ricky took me to the airport and that wrapped things up.

Quick Shoutouts:

JB/GG-Thank you so much again for an awesome weekend. You guys know what this site means to me and the timing of this event could not have been better, and you as always went out of your way to make it an amazing weekend.

Buckjob-Really glad to see you again bro. It had been waaaay too long and way overdue. Enjoyed our pillowtalk on Friday and am glad we have become such good friends over the past year.

Ricky-We finally meet, and before you even meet Dan lol. Thanks for setting up this awesome weekend, and thanks for not cracking on me too hard and making me cry.

Ddec-Good seeing you again buddy, remember what I said about where team Dotcom finishes at the MC #imneverwrong

Mitch-Glad to see your beard...and you again. Thanks for not being a debbie downer and showing up. Missed you buddy.

Jlukes-Glad we got to hang out man, your a good dude no matter what anyone else says about you...lol

Random Thoughts

1. Lyman orchards is the best draining golf course on planet earth. If this invitational is held anywhere else, with that rain, that round NEVER happens.

5. Dear Stan the Caddy---I have not forgotten about you, expect that punch to the face next time we meet.

6. #18 yesterday was the first time in awhile that I feared my life on the golf course as an aerial assault was launched on us by the guys on the range.

NE peeps you guys rock, I had such a great time and would tee it up with any of you anytime anywhere.

Very much appreciated sir! Those are some very kind words from a person of such awesomeness. Tough to argue the results of the 3 wood!

Saturday

Quick Shoutouts:

Random Thoughts

mikedean, you're an awesome guy to play a round of golf with or to just hang out for a while and shoot the $?!#. Really enjoyed the Sunday round, the multiple food mishaps (deadly calzones, lonely fishys, and apple turnovers that try to attack your shirt), and the chutting. Also, the four snap hooks straight that went in the water. That's the only hole or shots from that round that you need to ever mention. When I get to get a competitive round in with any other THP'ers, I want them to feel like they need to give me plenty of strokes! :D

I don't think I laughed so hard (on the inside) all weekend as I did on those elevated par 3's when you were lurking on jlukes and I to figure out what club to play. Except for maybe when Joe came out of the nose high rough and his pants were completely soaked. Just so many good times.

Dev, Ddec, Nerfny, Clemenza, even make Jlukes come! I would be more than willing to meet somewhere near Albany area or even somewhere in the middle if need be like Amsmith said. Just let me know when and I'd do my best to make it.

I completely agree with this idea. Let's make it happen!

Sounds like another incredible THP event! Glad everyone had such a good time.

I got to thinking about how hard I was laughing at this and just had to add my own Joey the Weed Whacker pic! I know Dev did in the old thread, but it needs to be here too.
ude6u8yp.jpg

I got to thinking about how hard I was laughing at this and just had to add my own Joey the Weed Whacker pic! I know Dev did in the old thread, but it needs to be here too.
ude6u8yp.jpg

I am impressed he found his ball in that stuff.

I am impressed he found his ball in that stuff.

I'm pretty sure it was the old hole in the pocket trick. :D

Back