The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it costs the companies $$$ to dispose of all those unwanted sleeves:D

They should market them to skinny women as leg warmers. Women still wear leg warmers, don't they?

Kevin

They should market them to skinny women as leg warmers. Women still wear leg warmers, don't they?

Kevin

Dancers and women who are stuck in the 80's.

Kevin

Dancers and women who are stuck in the 80's.

We're almost done reliving the 70s. The 80s will be next. Can a Flashdance revival be far behind?

We're almost done reliving the 70s. The 80s will be next. Can a Flashdance revival be far behind?

Parts of the 80's are already back - leggings, sweater dresses and shoulder pads.

Parts of the 80's are already back - leggings, sweater dresses and shoulder pads.

I always liked shoulder pads. Well, not linebacker pads, but it worked on me.

Don't forget big hair. Bump it up with Bumpits.

Kevin

If I ever see that UPS "whiteboard" guy on the street, I'm going to knock him down and cut his hair.

If I ever see that UPS "whiteboard" guy on the street, I'm going to knock him down and cut his hair.

Luckily, he never seems to come with sound on my computer.

I wish the "Mullet" would come back in style. I don't want one, I just remember that it made the stupid people easier to spot in a crowd.

I wish the "Mullet" would come back in style. I don't want one, I just remember that it made the stupid people easier to spot in a crowd.

Bono had a mullet. I don't think he's stupid. Billy Ray Cyrus can't be that stupid either - he's living off his daughter.

Bono had a mullet. I don't think he's stupid. Billy Ray Cyrus can't be that stupid either - he's living off his daughter.

You really don't see how dumb the mullet looked? If you ever heard an interview with Billy Ray, you might change your mind. Bono is a subject I will just stay out of.

You really don't see how dumb the mullet looked?

No - I agree - the mullet looked stupid. I apologize to all of you who had one.

No - I agree - the mullet looked stupid. I apologize to all of you who had one.

Got to word that carefully, Diane.

Some years ago, the Canadian Finance Minister got angry at Parliament and referred to it as a bunch of old f*rts. There was the usual uproar over that, along with demands for an apology. So the Minister apologized--not everyone in Parliament was old.

I knew it wasn't worded correctly, but thought it got my point across.

I knew it wasn't worded correctly, but thought it got my point across.

My point was simply that careful wording gives you lots of snarky wiggle room--always a good thing!

I'll admit it. I had one. A long azz one. My hair went down to just past halfway down my back. It looked better when it wasn't a mullet, but my sister made me do it (she said all the girls love it - - - which by the way, seemed to be the case at the time).

I'll admit it. I had one. A long azz one. My hair went down to just past halfway down my back. It looked better when it wasn't a mullet, but my sister made me do it (she said all the girls love it - - - which by the way, seemed to be the case at the time).

I wanted one, but I was just too old. I never got a pair of parachute pants either. I am sure it scarred me for life.:D

I had a nice mullet in jumior high. I wasnt cool enough to have a flat top to accompany it like " The Boz" but I was rocking it with hair parted to the side.

I grew one a couple of years ago as a joke and had a mustache to boot. To be honest, both times looked amazing.

Minor crisis here today - a substitute mailman who didn't realize his primary purpose when delivering mail here is to bring treats for the Basset Hounds and he came empty handed. You should hear the howling, whining and crying. It's not pretty.

Minor crisis here today - a substitute mailman who didn't realize his primary purpose when delivering mail here is to bring treats for the Basset Hounds and he came empty handed. You should hear the howling, whining and crying. It's not pretty.

I believe the proper word is mail carrier. :tongue: The regular mailman must have left that little tid bit of info out of their notes. I'm sure they will hear about it from the Basset Hounds tomorrow when they get back.

I believe the proper word is mail carrier. :tongue: The regular mailman must have left that little tid bit of info out of their notes. I'm sure they will hear about it from the Basset Hounds tomorrow when they get back.

Ok, but he definitely was a man.

The UPS guy told me Phillip was trying to bite him and I assured him that wasn't he case. Phillip was asking rather loudly for a treat. The guy asked if Phillip would leave him alone once he got the treat. Is he kidding - like one treat is enough for a dog.

Ok, but he definitely was a man.

The UPS guy told me Phillip was trying to bite him and I assured him that wasn't he case. Phillip was asking rather loudly for a treat. The guy asked if Phillip would leave him alone once he got the treat. Is he kidding - like one treat is enough for a dog.

Our UPS guy retired this summer, after 20 years on the route. I still miss him. The building even held a going away party for him--he met his wife in what are now our offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back