Thinking about going SCOR

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
I know there are a few members here who have SCOR wedges and swear by them and probably some who might have tried the SCORs but didn't like them. Either way I would like some input. I am really working on my short game and have been seeing great results from swing control and accuracy to a point where I feel very confident on the course and around the greens. Although the 60* is still a pain in the ace to deal with.

The main question that I have is:

Durability. I have a set of CG15s and the zip grooves are basically non existent now and the face of the club is worn in pretty good. I also have a 45* wedge from my iron set that I can put some power behind and the face is still in great condition. How is the durability of the SCORs after a few rounds or even after a full season of play? Would I need to update regularly or are the SCORs "future proof" meaning they will last for a few years of play?

When I go to replace my PW for a 44* and 48* duo, will I be able to use them with a full swing and still have the club last for a while?

I did the online fitting and set up thing and it was recommended to go 44, 48, 52, 56, 60. Right now I am simply going to upgrade the latter three. Seeing the prices on these bad boys makes me feel like they are delicate dental instruments where I should be careful and just tap it in, give it a lil' tap tap taparoo.

I have had mine for over a year and have played well over 100 rounds with them and even though the sole is a little beat up the face and the grooves all still look good and I haven't had any issues with them. These are the first set of "real" wedges I have ever owned or used but I really like them a lot and I see them last for quite some time.

I just started using mine this spring and so far so good. I had CG15's as well before these. I've heard some say the zip grooves don't do anything anyway. I'm not so sure about that, but you're right they don't last very long regardless.

I've been playing the Scor wedges for about six months and they are durable. I don't see any issues with groove wear and I do think they will be great for a few years in the bag. I LOVE the 44 degree for full swings, and the clubs are consistent, which is really a treat. You put a nice repeatable swing on them and you get nice consistent results.

Seriously the best Wedges that I have ever played! You can't beat consistency, performance, reliability, and overall how amazing these wedges are. I love the way SCOR thinks.

Hearing a lot of praise here so that makes me feel better to drop some cash on these. Gonna see if I can get at least a three-piece by next month and the other two by summers's end.

EDIT: How is the spin on these clubs? Can I put some English on it?

Last edited:
I have my SCOR wedges for over a year now, with well over 100 rounds on them and the face and grooves still look great. The soles do have some wear as can be expected but I see them lasting for many more years. I use all my SCORs for full swing shots from the 43 all the way to the 59. Easily the best money I have spent in the game to date.

I have my SCOR wedges for over a year now, with well over 100 rounds on them and the face and grooves still look great. The soles do have some wear as can be expected but I see them lasting for many more years. I use all my SCORs for full swing shots from the 43 all the way to the 59. Easily the best money I have spent in the game to date.

All of the above. I do see some wear on the leading edge, but the important bits still work! I'm going to pay to shorten the shafts as my irons got shortened. By far the best investment I have made in clubs.

I hit niteowl03 Scors prior to buying my own. He is right in saying that the grooves are still like new. The feel on these was great and you definitely can produce the shot that you want.

I got mine last season; and LOVE them!! You won't be disappointed at all, Great wedge's.

Back