Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
345 yard par 4. I drove the green with my hybrid. It's downhill hole so its not a huge deal to drive it. But I left it 12' below the hole. I rolled in the eagle putt. My first eagle on that hole.

Making a 12' putt alone would make my shot of the day list. Heck of a hole! Congrats!

Making a 12' putt alone would make my shot of the day list. Heck of a hole! Congrats!

I was more surprised I made the putt.

Threw a gap wedge in from 147 to here:
y6e2eda2.jpg

Playing at altitude rocks. And I even made the putt!

Also striped one 333 by the gps to here on the 10th at Rollingstone Ranch in Steamboat Springs. I haven't been center-cut in what seems like years!

erunybes.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The best shot I hit today was also the funniest. I played 9 with my wife today and on the par 3, 7th she hit a good shot (for her) to the right side of the green and rolled into the fringe. She decided to chip up to the hole and proceeded to blade it over the green. She was frustrated at this point. She takes a swing to pitch up to the green and blades another one towards me. At this point she is fuming. She steps up to chip again and duffs it 2 ft in front of her. I walked up and grabbed her ball and said "its ok babe dont get mad its a pretty easy shot, watch me". At this point she is angry and about to cry. She then watches me take 2 practice swings and then proceed to hit a perfect chip that bounces once then rolls into the cup. She screams "this is bs" then storms off to the cart. I felt so bad for her but I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. Things like that is what makes this game great. She eventually laughed about it too.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

It appears the best shot may not end up being the "best shot".. Last night in our league, I hit a PW to our 3rd hole, the second shot being to an extreme uphill par 4. It was 118 to the back and I hit it flush. As luck would have it, I hit the pin 12" up dead center and the ball ricocheted directly back toward me. It proceeded to roll back off the green and 15' down the steep embankment in front...

On the green you could see where the ball hit the green after it hit the pin. There was a big ball mark 8" in front of the hole....

I chipped back up and my par put broke just past the hole for a 6" tap in. Yup, lost the hole...

Golf,,, the "other" 4 letter word!

2nd hardest hole on the course. ~186 with water all along the left side until you get to the front of the green. Pond on the right, big willow tree protecting the right edge of the green. Water left only about 20 yards wide then OB. Pulled my drive a bit left, goes in the water. from ~70 yards, put my 3rd to ~18 inches and saved bogey.

It appears the best shot may not end up being the "best shot".. Last night in our league, I hit a PW to our 3rd hole, the second shot being to an extreme uphill par 4. It was 118 to the back and I hit it flush. As luck would have it, I hit the pin 12" up dead center and the ball ricocheted directly back toward me. It proceeded to roll back off the green and 15' down the steep embankment in front...

On the green you could see where the ball hit the green after it hit the pin. There was a big ball mark 8" in front of the hole....

I chipped back up and my par put broke just past the hole for a 6" tap in. Yup, lost the hole...

Golf,,, the "other" 4 letter word!
I hate those unfair breaks! When you strike the ball so well and walk away with a lost hole. When it happens I often wonder if its Karma

I hate those unfair breaks! When you strike the ball so well and walk away with a lost hole. When it happens I often wonder if its Karma

If you golf long enough, you will see everything. The way I see it, after 40 years, if we break even we did well..

I dont recall which hole it was but I hit my shot over the green and the green sloped back to front. I hit the best flop shot I have ever hit and it stopped a foot from the hole. Made up for the whole round with that shot.

Put my drive on the Par 4 16th on the green. Callaway UPro had it at 297 yards. We missed the eagle, but bagged the bird.

I had a couple of really nice drives today. The "Freddie Swing" is starting to really click with me and I am finding I am hitting it just as far (sometimes farther), straight, with about a fraction of the effort. I hit one on the Par 4 2nd, and I heard one of the guys we were playing with say "Damn. That's deep." quietly as I picked up my tee. It's coming together.

lag putting today i had 3 putts i easily could have 3 jacked and had 2 tap ins and a 5'er which i made.... awesome seeing those putts with the perfect speed with lots of break and up to another tier roll right next to the hole for an easy tap in par.

lag putting today i had 3 putts i easily could have 3 jacked and had 2 tap ins and a 5'er which i made.... awesome seeing those putts with the perfect speed with lots of break and up to another tier roll right next to the hole for an easy tap in par.

Pretty much had the same thing with me today. Didnt make many (if any) 1 putts, but I didn't have any 3 putts. That's something to be happy about.

185 yard 4 iron to 4'. made the putt.

Par 4, second shot from 173 to the pin to 18 inches
y4ege6y4.jpg

Hole 18 was 195 out and had to go over a large ravine pulled 5 iron and landed 10 feet from the pin.

Short par 5, about 185 out, left it about 4 feet with my 5 iron. First eagle of the year and by far the best shot of the year!

My 16 year old son, 3 months into the game, at http://www.squawcreek.com/lake-tahoe-golf.php on the 18th hole of our second round in a two day getaway was 80 yards out when he took his last swing of the trip.

Hit a nice lazy high SW that DUNKED!!! into the cup. You could hear it hit the pin/cup, and no ball was visible. It went home... Not a bounce, just a pure lawn dart bullseye.

My 16 year old son, 3 months into the game, at http://www.squawcreek.com/lake-tahoe-golf.php on the 18th hole of our second round in a two day getaway was 80 yards out when he took his last swing of the trip.

Hit a nice lazy high SW that DUNKED!!! into the cup. You could hear it hit the pin/cup, and no ball was visible. It went home... Not a bounce, just a pure lawn dart bullseye.

Now that is one great way to finish a golf trip. I bet that was fun to watch his reaction. Thanks for sharing.

On the par 4, 12 hole of my course I was in the fairway laying 2 about ten yards off the green. I holed out for bird

Hit the pin from 97 yards. Hit a PW to 3 feet as well. Just one of those days.

9uvataha.jpg

5-iron from 175 to 8 feet.

I've got two, both of which saved my round. First, I had a 70 yard approach with a downhill lie to a front pin. I did the Pelz 9:00 shot with the SW. It landed about 3 feet short of the pin, took two little bounces then stopped. Second was an 8i from 155 on a par three with water left and sand front left. I hit it stiff to about three feet on a tucked left pin. Made both putts for the birdies.

Down 2 with 2 to play and I drained a 25 foot birdie to keep the match alive. My partner won the last with a birdie to get a 1/2 point out of it.

"Over cut" my tee ball into the trees on the right hand side of a dogleg right par 5. Found my ball and luckily had a decent lie on a mixture of barkmulch/grass/pine cones and just enough room to swing a 5 wood. Also had about a 6'x6' window through the branches to try and launch the ball out and over a water hazard to the 2nd landing zone. By some miracle I pulled it off and put the ball in good position even though it hit a few leaves and/or branches on the way out.
Lipped out the birdie put but after a terrible drive I'll take a par all day.

285 yard drive on the par 5 9th, earning me the longest drive prize today!
Sent from my RM-821_eu_netherlands_315 using Board Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back