TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Usually that loud sound only happens on mishits. So I'm to understand jlukes went 77 / 78 over the weekend while routinely mishitting his iron shots? Someone in the recap said he was a sand bagger. Now we know it is true :)

I think they're talking about the click sound when the 7-4 are struck pure (which for me is a mis hit as I don't do it nearly enough)

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Hi All - new to the forum and look forward to learning.......

Just picked up the TM Rbladez 5-SW with KBS 90 shafts. Have been playing the KZG Evolution for years. Hope I made the right choice......

Congrats on the new irons and welcome to THP dfw.

I notice that several people have the TM ATV wedges. My question is if I ordered the TM Rockedbladez with the gap and sand wedge are theses about the same as the ATV wedges? Should I have purchased the ATV seperate and just ordered the 5-PW?

Thanks

They are similar, but not exactly the same.

As Hawk noted the technology in the Rocketbladez AW and SW is similar to what was used in the ATV wedges and there is little to no difference in feeling between the two.

Obviously if you have ATV wedges and sell you Rocketbladez at some point, you don't necessarily have to get rid of your wedges. If you have the Rocketbladez SW and AW chances are you would let them go with the set.

I kept the two separate and have been very happy with the ATV wedges.

I notice that several people have the TM ATV wedges. My question is if I ordered the TM Rockedbladez with the gap and sand wedge are theses about the same as the ATV wedges? Should I have purchased the ATV seperate and just ordered the 5-PW?

Thanks

Here are links to discussions of this topic from the testing:
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...eview-Thread&p=1767459&viewfull=1#post1767459
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...eview-Thread&p=1919990&viewfull=1#post1919990
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...eview-Thread&p=1916876&viewfull=1#post1916876

Also, I know I wrote up a comparison of the two after I bought the gap wedge but I'm just not finding it right now.

Last edited:

Thanks

i have ATV wedges in 50,56,60 and also have the rocketbladez AW,SW,LW I am using the rocketbladez wedges at the moment and they feel as good as the ATV wedges

I just order 5-pw of the Tours I will keep my Reg 4 iron. I have found that in the hot dry CA summers the Reg Bldz seem to bounce off the truf rather than take a good diviot

The swing is grooving and the long irons are absolutely butter for me right now. Had a nice range session this afternoon and the 4 and 5 irons just money. The confidence that these clubs have given me is unreal and it has taken my game/swing to a level that I've never experienced before.

The swing is grooving and the long irons are absolutely butter for me right now. Had a nice range session this afternoon and the 4 and 5 irons just money. The confidence that these clubs have given me is unreal and it has taken my game/swing to a level that I've never experienced before.

I wish I was that far along in my confidence curve with mine, love the clubs, but still struggling a bit with the mid-log iron consistency. I can see the progress though which is satisfying.

A memorable round of golf today with my Rocketbladze! Shot 69 with a hole in one on the 12th hole!. 7 iron from 211 yards that landed 6 feet from the hole and went straight in! I think I'll be keeping these irons in my bag for sometime! I was playing with our local club pro in the group and beat him by 5 shots. He is 30 years old and I'm 61 and hit the same irons from the same distances that he was hitting. He actually said to me that he had never seen anyone my age hit the ball with such precision and distance. Absolutely made my day!

A memorable round of golf today with my Rocketbladze! Shot 69 with a hole in one on the 12th hole!. 7 iron from 211 yards that landed 6 feet from the hole and went straight in! I think I'll be keeping these irons in my bag for sometime! I was playing with our local club pro in the group and beat him by 5 shots. He is 30 years old and I'm 61 and hit the same irons from the same distances that he was hitting. He actually said to me that he had never seen anyone my age hit the ball with such precision and distance. Absolutely made my day!

Very impressive Doc! Keep up the good work.

Very nice DOC! always good to get feedback like that, especially from someone half your age :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

First CONGRATS to Doc on the round and the ace. That is phenomenal!

I also had a memorable round today, beating my personal best by 8 strokes and finally shooting in the 70's. 61% GIRs was my best by a long shot and the times I missed - with one exception - were just barely off the green or because of a FW issue. I love the scoring irons especially in this set.

Thanks guys! These irons are just plain great.

Awesome shooting DOC and Tequila!

DOC, big congrats on the hole in one! I'll think I'll have a 7 & 7.

I just ordered a set last weekend of 4-AW customized to me with DG SL S300 shafts, +1", 2 degrees upright, with midsize tour wrap grips with two extra wraps of tape. I can't wait for these to arrive so I can start playing with them. I am going from playing my Tommy Armour 855S Silver Scots that I've had since 1994! I'm way overdue for an upgrade. The difference between these and my old irons are ridiculous! Just hitting a 7 iron on the simulator at Golfsmith, it shows about a 25 yard gain in distance. I'm going to have to spend some time at the range to figure out how far I hit each club. I also bought Cleveland CG15 wedges in 54 and 58 degrees. I think these new clubs will make my current 3 hybrid useless, so I may add a 62 degree wedge to the bag instead. Now, I just have to play the waiting game. Just another couple of weeks. I should have them in time to get some distances down before my week at the beach in July where I'll play a couple rounds.

I just ordered a set last weekend of 4-AW customized to me with DG SL S300 shafts, +1", 2 degrees upright, with midsize tour wrap grips with two extra wraps of tape. I can't wait for these to arrive so I can start playing with them. I am going from playing my Tommy Armour 855S Silver Scots that I've had since 1994! I'm way overdue for an upgrade. The difference between these and my old irons are ridiculous! Just hitting a 7 iron on the simulator at Golfsmith, it shows about a 25 yard gain in distance. I'm going to have to spend some time at the range to figure out how far I hit each club. I also bought Cleveland CG15 wedges in 54 and 58 degrees. I think these new clubs will make my current 3 hybrid useless, so I may add a 62 degree wedge to the bag instead. Now, I just have to play the waiting game. Just another couple of weeks. I should have them in time to get some distances down before my week at the beach in July where I'll play a couple rounds.

Congrats, I hope you enjoy them.

Hi All - new to the forum and look forward to learning.......

Just picked up the TM Rbladez 5-SW with KBS 90 shafts. Have been playing the KZG Evolution for years. Hope I made the right choice......

Welcome to THP, I know you will love the new Rocketbladez. Keep us posted on your progress.

I can't quit the RocketBladez. Hit some darn good shots with them over the last week. Even with the 5 iron. A little steeper attack has made it a hell of a lot easier to hit the ball from the rough too.

Congrats on the ACE Doc, first one I've heard of with the rocketbladez!

Congrats on the ACE Doc, first one I've heard of with the rocketbladez!

Thanks TeedUp...Of the all the hole in ones I've had, this one was very rewarding. I had been hitting the ball really well all day but was making absolutely nothing on the greens. This shot was downwind and I almost pulled out the 6 iron because our pro was hitting a 7. Hitting a hard full shot has always been better for me than when I try to take one more club and swing easy, so I went with the 7. After the ace, I went to make 3 more birdies and shoot 3 under. Priceless!

Back