I cannot find what you are talking about. Before I start, keep in mind I am not trying to bash Microsoft, it upsets me that they have chosen this route, I want the system to be succesful because competition is good. Sony has said that:

"The Online Pass program for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners. As announced last night, PS4 will not have any gating restrictions for used disc-based games. When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever."

If Sony indeed does exactly what they are doing with the PS3 with the PS4 there is no issues with used games. However, PUBLISHERS, have and can which I think is what Sony isn't quite clear about have online passes that activate the game. Sony is not restricting games on the system level, which means I can buy your game from you and put it in the system. So be it, I will pay a nominal fee if I really want to play a game used for the online pass, better than retail. Some companies don't even do it.

The whole thing just stinks, its a terrible business model and I am not sure how anyone can try and justify and defend it. If I buy something outright I don't want someone to tell me what I can do with it. It is a slippery slope that we don't want to go down.

What developers have done on the PS3 (See EA Sports), is if you want to play the game online, you have to activate it with a code that comes in a brand new game. So if you buy the game brand new, you jus tplug in the code and the game is activated to PLAY ONLINE. You could play it offline as much as you want with no problems, but say you wanted to get online to play with friends or update rosters, you would need that code. What EA does is if you don't have a code or bought a used game with the one that has been already used, they sell them in the PS Store for like 2.99-3.99. I don't understand why people are getting upset about. Really not a big deal to by $3-4 to be able to play online. The benefits of having a PS4 over an XBoxOne are so huge that this shouldn't prevent you from getting a PS4.

As I said it's all murky and nothings really clear. Woodysgamertag and a few other blogs is what I was referencing. They also ointment to Microsoft leaving the used game policy up to the developers, same thing with the connecting to xbox live everyday.

Now as far as the advantage the ps4 has over the Xbox One, I don't see it. I don't buy used games, I don't sell my games, and anymore all I play is online. Microsoft is still going to have the better online experience, and there is talk of them using some of their Cloud servers as dedicated host servers for some of the larger online games (like cod) which will greatly help the lag compensation issues.

I don't know if I'll get either system, but if I did I'd lean towards the Xbox One because I'm not a hard core gamer anymore and I'd be more interested in an entertainment system. Also the controller is more ergonomic.

If all my friends go ps4 I might buy that, but it looks like they'll be xbox again.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

What developers have done on the PS3 (See EA Sports), is if you want to play the game online, you have to activate it with a code that comes in a brand new game. So if you buy the game brand new, you jus tplug in the code and the game is activated to PLAY ONLINE. You could play it offline as much as you want with no problems, but say you wanted to get online to play with friends or update rosters, you would need that code. What EA does is if you don't have a code or bought a used game with the one that has been already used, they sell them in the PS Store for like 2.99-3.99. I don't understand why people are getting upset about. Really not a big deal to by $3-4 to be able to play online. The benefits of having a PS4 over an XBoxOne are so huge that this shouldn't prevent you from getting a PS4.

EA, a terrible company, with a few good games has abandoned the online pass or is going to in the future. I fully expect them to come up with something more vile though.

As I said it's all murky and nothings really clear. Woodysgamertag and a few other blogs is what I was referencing. They also ointment to Microsoft leaving the used game policy up to the developers, same thing with the connecting to xbox live everyday.

Now as far as the advantage the ps4 has over the Xbox One, I don't see it. I don't buy used games, I don't sell my games, and anymore all I play is online. Microsoft is still going to have the better online experience, and there is talk of them using some of their Cloud servers as dedicated host servers for some of the larger online games (like cod) which will greatly help the lag compensation issues.

I don't know if I'll get either system, but if I did I'd lean towards the Xbox One because I'm not a hard core gamer anymore and I'd be more interested in an entertainment system. Also the controller is more ergonomic.

If all my friends go ps4 I might buy that, but it looks like they'll be xbox again.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I hear you. Clearly its not an issue for you, for me it is. I've bought several used games this month, all $15 or less shipped to my door and the reason is because they are games I don't want to pay retail for so obviously I want to be able to play it. Also thinking about re upping with my gamefly subscription so used games are important to me.

Couldn't wait on gamefly so I reserved The Last of Us at a redbox. Going to rain this afternoon anyways so no golf.

Picked up The Last of Us and BioShock Infinite for $12 today at Gamestop. Did some trading towards and only had to spend $12 for both of them.

Let me just say, if your on the edge about getting The Last of Us. Hop over and get it. It's so freaking incredible/scary real. Wow. I've only made it through the first scene.

Let me just say, if your on the edge about getting The Last of Us. Hop over and get it. It's so freaking incredible/scary real. Wow. I've only made it through the first scene.

Will you record the Brad-giggle-squeal? Scary is scary.

For real, I haven't really had a part where it did not feel intense. Even during the day light its still intense.

Will you record the Brad-giggle-squeal? Scary is scary.

The thought that this could actually happen is the scary part. Hop on over to the ps3 my child. We can be friends!

I borrowed Fallout from a buddy. I am enjoying it quite a bit. Sorta similar to Skyrim which I really liked

I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Although I just got effed up by some runners.

I borrowed Fallout from a buddy. I am enjoying it quite a bit. Sorta similar to Skyrim which I really liked

DUDE!!! The Fallout series is AMAZING. They're all a blast.

Made by the same people. Bethesda. Love both fallout 3 and new Vegas. Skyrim is great too.

I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Although I just got effed up by some runners.

Dude, the Clickers scare the crap outa me. Game is so intense. SO INTENSE.

Dude, the Clickers scare the crap outa me. Game is so intense. SO INTENSE.

The best part is sometimes, you totally expect enemies and none show up. You never know what is going to happen. There are a few little things that annoy me but overall the game is good.

Last of Us is proving pretty engaging so far.

Reading some of the comments about Last of Us takes me back to some of the 'older' games with the scary moments such as -

Resident Evil - when the dogs burst through the window as you were walking past

Silent Hill - whenever the music changed so you knew something was going to happen but you didn't know when

Doom 3 - some of the areas in the dark when you would turn a corner with the torch to find something waiting there

There will have been other games, but these are the main few I could think of off the top of my head

I remember playing some of these games and made the mistake of playing in the evening with just a lamp on in the corner of the room.....the suspense could not have done my blood pressure any good at times..... :beat-up:

The best part is sometimes, you totally expect enemies and none show up. You never know what is going to happen. There are a few little things that annoy me but overall the game is good.

The scene right before you get to the courthouse took me a few times because I didn't see the interactive spot to hoist Tess out of there. I was raging just a bit. I finally quit sneaking around, killed all the clickers, and then searched all around.

The scene right before you get to the courthouse took me a few times because I didn't see the interactive spot to hoist Tess out of there. I was raging just a bit. I finally quit sneaking around, killed all the clickers, and then searched all around.

I try to sneak around most of the time, I've fired like three or four shots minus one time where you don't have a choice.

The one thing about this game and I understand why they do it, to make it challenging; in a world filled with destruction, debris, melee weapons are scarce lol. It bugs me to no end. That and clickers sometimes seem to be invincible and can somehow swat away a brick to the face.

I try to sneak around most of the time, I've fired like three or four shots minus one time where you don't have a choice.

The one thing about this game and I understand why they do it, to make it challenging; in a world filled with destruction, debris, melee weapons are scarce lol. It bugs me to no end. That and clickers sometimes seem to be invincible and can somehow swat away a brick to the face.

Molotov Cocktails work wonders. Take a glass bottle, throw it just in front of you, let those SOBs run to the sound of that bottle shattering and then light em up with a Molotov. Makes light work of clickers, and the explosion has a pretty good radius. Nice thing is, you can craft those when you collect enough "supplies."

Molotov Cocktails work wonders. Take a glass bottle, throw it just in front of you, let those SOBs run to the sound of that bottle shattering and then light em up with a Molotov. Makes light work of clickers, and the explosion has a pretty good radius. Nice thing is, you can craft those when you collect enough "supplies."

Yeah, I keep forgetting I have them. It finally got me through the one part I was stuck at that had 4 or 5 clickers that would just all come if you killed one. Its a trade off though, moltov's and health packs use them same crafting supplies. Have you upgraded anything yet? I am holding onto my parts, not sure what is best.

Back