Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me - it's money well spent. If one of them dies in there - you won't want to live in your house. We had a dead possum in the wall at work. It took them a month to find it and they had to punch a hole in the wall to get it out. It was lovely going to work and smelling death every day until they located it.

That's a payment you have to love making. This summer we had water start seeping out of the hill next to our driveway. Leak in the water lateral to the house. $3K and two big holes in the yard. That was money with which I enjoyed parting.

Kevin

It's an old house, and we're basically turning it into new construction, one expensive project at a time.

My favorite was when the contractors took down the basement ceiling. The old wood support beam holding up the entire house had been cracked by an asbetos-wrapped heating pipe someone put through it. The wiring was such that the electrician redid the entire house within a week--we had wiring between the house and the siding.

They don't build 'em like they used to, and they never did.

Trust me - it's money well spent. If one of them dies in there - you won't want to live in your house. We had a dead possum in the wall at work. It took them a month to find it and they had to punch a hole in the wall to get it out. It was lovely going to work and smelling death every day until they located it.

The dogs must have been impossible during that whole thing.

Growing up, we had squirrels in the walls one winter. The dog went nuts.

The dogs must have been impossible during that whole thing.

Growing up, we had squirrels in the walls one winter. The dog went nuts.

Once it was dead, they didn't care even though the smell was overpowering. I would leave and have to shower when I got home because I could still smell it.

I had flying squirrels in a house on the edge of the National Forest. They lived in a tree just on the edge of the deck and would come down at night to eye level to stare at me like I was an alien.Fortunately they never got in the house.

My neighbor had raccoons in his attic once. That turned out to be expensive. Seems they peeled back a bunch of shakes to gain entry and then set up permanent housekeeping up there.

I had flying squirrels in a house on the edge of the National Forest. They lived in a tree just on the edge of the deck and would come down at night to eye level to stare at me like I was an alien.Fortunately they never got in the house.

My neighbor had raccoons in his attic once. That turned out to be expensive. Seems they peeled back a bunch of shakes to gain entry and then set up permanent housekeeping up there.

Months ago, Harry posted about raccoons in the attic and his father luring them out by casting hotdogs at them with his fishing gear.

I was in a real hurry this morning and went through my local McD's to pick up a quick breakfast. Normally, it is the stupid people who don't know what they want that hold up the line, but this morning it was the stupid people working in the drive through that did it. I sat in line, trapped, for 15 minutes while they tried to get the order right for the 3 cars in front of me. I was steamed. They have 3 windows to take orders, money, and deliver product and only one of them was manned.

What the h*** happened to FAST FOOD?

C-Tech - I think the universe is telling you to start that diet you've been talking about.

My second grapefruit crop is almost ready to start harvesting and I can go back to that for breakfast.

I was in a real hurry this morning and went through my local McD's to pick up a quick breakfast. Normally, it is the stupid people who don't know what they want that hold up the line, but this morning it was the stupid people working in the drive through that did it. I sat in line, trapped, for 15 minutes while they tried to get the order right for the 3 cars in front of me. I was steamed. They have 3 windows to take orders, money, and deliver product and only one of them was manned.

What the h*** happened to FAST FOOD?

Almost 15 minutes in the MCDonald's drive-thru this morning for a cup of coffee for the wife and a hot chocolate for the daughter. Daughter was off of school so we scheduled golf lessons for her and her Mom. We were almost late.

If McD's isn't fast, what's the point?

Kevin

I heard on the radio this morning that France is McDonald's second most profitable country and that it's the largest private employer there. So much for the gastronomic capital of the world.

I heard on the radio this morning that France is McDonald's second most profitable country and that it's the largest private employer there. So much for the gastronomic capital of the world.

Not coincidentally, fast food came to France in this past generation and they are experiencing their first ever generation of obesity.

When I was in Paris about 20 years ago, they had just gotten their first McDonalds recently (it wasn't brand new, but still pretty new.) They had security throw me out because I tried to take a photo of the menu in French, which I thought was hilarious. Security was speaking too fast for me to understand (the French), but I was told that the manager was afraid I was their to steal the concept (think "Coming to America").

Anyway, I never understood why Paris would need a McDonalds. For Pete's sake, you can buy fantastic food on every corner - cafes, walk up windows, street vendors . . .

Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France? A Royale with Cheese. And they dip their French fries, which they call frites, in mayonnaise. I think I saw this on a documentary on the Discovery Channel.

Kevin

I saw that documentary too. It was gory. Especially the section on long-term wristwatch storage.

I saw that documentary too. It was gory. Especially the section on long-term wristwatch storage.

One day, someone is going to mistakenly have you committed.

That's the one! It jumped all over the place. Boxing, wrist watch storage, car detailing, bondage. Interesting and informative, but almost hard to follow.

Kevin

Smallie - I just realized who is on your pumpkin.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of good will and charity shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Three tomatoes are walking down the street, a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. The baby tomato is lagging behind the poppa and momma tomato. The poppa tomato gets mad, goes over to the baby tomato and stamps on him and says—“catch up!”.

-JP

Harry doesn't live all that far from the mental hospital that's supposedly the site of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. We could make some calls.

One of my friend's parents live in an old house that was a mental hospital at one point. They found all the old doors in the basement with signs on them like "Electric Shock Therapy." When I go there, I keep expecting to hear someone screaming.

Carp. Accounts don't reconcile, and I always seem to be the backup. So I get to spend tomorrow morning re-reconciling, and we can't do any of tomorrow's reports until it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back