The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not tempt. I simply speak.

There's a guy in my area that has the same first and last name. My middle initial is A his is B. His wife has the same first name as mine

So, just to clarify, you know of a guy in your area who is called something like James B James and his wife's name is Kevin? That is some weird %&^* right there.

Yet we've never met. Sometimes I'm afraid I have a double life and I don't realize it.

Read Steven King's book "The Dark Half" and you'll really be scared to find out if you have a double life.

I'm apparently a character in a murder mystery novel. Does that count?

So, just to clarify, you know of a guy in your area who is called something like James B James and his wife's name is Kevin? That is some weird %&^* right there.

I worked for a short time with a woman whose name was Carol Caroll and I knew another one named Karen Karen. If you married a man whose last name was the same as your first name - wouldn't you keep your maiden name?

Besides the famous baseball player, we knew a girl whose moms name was Robbin Robbins.

The Kid has announced that his professional football career will have to be with the AFC, because they have fewer cold weather stadia.

The Kid has announced that his professional football career will have to be with the AFC, because they have fewer cold weather stadia.

If he's really, really, really good, he should try to be a Packer. Sure it's cold for a few games a year, but you're a God in Cheeseland.

Kevin

This way we can keep some of the conversations on topic and this thread is here for everyone to talk away and not worry about topic or anything else.

I see this worked really well! hehe

If he's really, really, really good, he should try to be a Packer. Sure it's cold for a few games a year, but you're a God in Cheeseland.

Kevin

I think Lambeau Field and Soldier Field are the prime motivators here.

On the other hand, there's no serious concern about him playing pro ball, or even college ball.

Wait, who am I supposed a man-crush on?

Spoiler
Sorry to everyone about that. I figured 8 would be suitably irritating.

Spoiler
It was.
Spoiler
It works better when you caption each level of spoiler.
Spoiler
Like this.
Spoiler
I really have nothing to put in here; I just wanted to demonstrate the captioned spoiler.
Spoiler
Okay, now I have to put something in here, don't I?
Spoiler
I don't really have anything in mind.
Spoiler
So I'll have to go with this.
Spoiler
ADT+Championship+Preview+Day+2+TT3UmNyUS2Al.jpg

Wait, who am I supposed a man-crush on?

G-man, of course!

I don't really understand guy crushes. Guy buddies kind of act like they have crushes on each other anyway. Girl crushes are different.

I don't really understand guy crushes. Guy buddies kind of act like they have crushes on each other anyway. Girl crushes are different.

Please explain.

You want me to explain a guy crush to you?

I think guys are more open and if they have a guy crush - it translates into admiring a buddy. You don't get nervous about what the other guy thinks of you or read too much into things. I would bet that half the time - you don't even know if a guy has a guy crush on you. Girl crushes involve women so there are many more emotions at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back