Diane

Reaction score
I just read Harry's review and he mentioned magic sticks. It got me thinking about whether people do think their clubs are magic wands or should I say in some cases the new ones they are about to purchase will be magic wands. I think my 8 iron is magic, but not the others. Are your clubs magic wands.

I don't know about magic, I think of my clubs more as vodo hex sticks that curse every swing I make so that the ball will NEVER go where I want it too... :)

No magic wands in my bag, but my 5 iron has gotten me out of many, many really bad lies.

My AW is as close as it gets. I guess magic has limited flight distance.

Prob my GW....some days my putter but I wouldn't necessarily call them 'magic'

It's not the clubs that are magic, it's my hands.
If I can't blame them for the bad shots, they sure as hell aren't taking the credit for the good ones (however few and far between they are...). ;)

I don't know if there's any magic involved, but I think that my putter, my 8-iron and my 51 degree wedge are my "go to" clubs for different reasons. The putter is self explanatory, the 8-iron is usually my first-choice chipping club and my 51 is basically the "Swiss Army Knife" of my golf bag.

But overall, I don't really have a favorite club or one that I prefer to use. I think they're all special in their own way and it's taken quite a bit of time to dial in each one so that each club feels like it's part of a set of very comfortable tools.

-JP

I had two streaks of play this summer that were about four weeks long. During that time I felt like I could hit the ball inside of ten feet every single time with my 48* and 52* Vokeys. They were like magic wands, and during those two periods I never shot more than 78, shot 75 or better I think five times, and hit the ball very close to the pin. I could hit them high or bring them in low, and the ball was dancing on the green. I was almost feeling guilty for playing from 6,400 to 6,500 yards because it was allowing me to hit so many wedges. If I could putt I probably would have broken par four or five times.

From 110 yards and in I felt like Harry Potter and the Vokeys were magic wands.

For the last six weeks they have been about as useful as a wand in the hands of the dad on the "Wizards of Waverly Place". All the magic is gone. The stupid putter is worse. Even my driver which is usually reliable has felt like a log in my hands. I'm almost glad the season is basically over.

Kevin

I don't know about magic, I think of my clubs more as vodo hex sticks that curse every swing I make so that the ball will NEVER go where I want it too... :)

My sticks are pure evil...

For me, if any club in my bag could be referred to as a, "magic wand"; it would have to be the putter.
Thats just about the only club in my bag that I can almost always count on being at least decent with.

I thought this thread was going to be about something altogether different.

Really - even after I gave you credit for the idea?

He's still fighting the urge to respond the way he really wants to respond to GolferGal's post in the "Sensoglove" thread, so I think his mind is wandering just a bit.

-JP

I should have used your word - sticks, but I like wand better. It sounds more magical.

Mine is magical.

Spoiler
too far?

He's still fighting the urge to respond the way he really wants to respond to GolferGal's post in the "Sensoglove" thread, so I think his mind is wandering just a bit.

-JP

You know I was wondering something about that glove - I should post it there, but anyway - do you notice the sensor or is it very lightweight?

My driver is my magic wand, because sometimes when I wave it my ball disappears....:smile:

Ha! Yeah that was pretty good.

Ok, that was way better than my response.

Spoiler
But mine is still magical.

You know I was wondering something about that glove - I should post it there, but anyway - do you notice the sensor or is it very lightweight?

Are you serious?

If you ask me, the only thing that glove "senses" is the precise location of your cash after which it computes the simplest way by which to separate you -- from it.

I don't think there's a font face big enough or bold enough with which to spell the word "Sucker" as it applies to anyone who would consider purchasing this miracle of technology.

Ol' P.T. would be proud though.

-JP

Back