Oh Snap, My Driver Broke!

RizRez

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 10.7
9080436313_fa59c04d62.jpg

So as you can see, my 2012 Nike VRS Driver is broken. It broke after the second hole tee shot when I played this past Sunday. The funny thing is the shaft snapped in the adjustment adapter which is weird. I actually hit a good shot off the tee then noticed that there was a funny clicking sound as I was looking at the head and shaking it. Then I went to grab it and it came right off the shaft. I took it into Roger Dunn to get a warranty replacement and they said they'll send it in and it should take about 2 - 3 weeks. Now i'm without a driver for the time being which means I'll be teeing with my 3W. I'm actually disappointed that it broke. I've been hitting it really good the past couple of rounds.

That sucks man. Hopefully they fix it right

The calm before the storm.

Spot on MoparMan!

BTW, there was nothing maliciously done to the club to cause it to break. Just your average tee it up and rip!

Silver lining...... could possibly mean a newer driver?

I hope Nike Golf says screw the old club, lets send him a new Covert. I would be super stoked!

That sucks man, I hope Nike takes care of ya.

I had the same thing happen to me with the previous years Nike VRS driver!! Mine broke because I threw it, but thats besides the point... I need to send it in.

Spot on MoparMan!

BTW, there was nothing maliciously done to the club to cause it to break. Just your average tee it up and rip!

Silver lining...... could possibly mean a newer driver?

I hope Nike Golf says screw the old club, lets send him a new Covert. I would be super stoked!

If nothing else, I like the optimism RizRez!

You must have been hitting this way too well. It's the golf God's way of setting you back a few weeks to level the field again, lol.

I broke my VRS in the exact same spot as well last year. Took it to a local gold shop and they sent it in for me. Think it took 2 weeks max.

Not a big deal but Nike will stamp an R on the head by the serial number so they know it was repaired by Nike or something.

This same type of break happened to my buddies R11s and got super pissed and threw the head in the lake and left it there. I told him they could fix it for him but he was to mad and let it float away.

I had this with a Cleveland driver and they sent me a brand new one in like a week.:clapp:

Had my driver broken just like that after Southwest Airlines got a hold of her. Southwest make you sign a waiver declining their responsibility unless your travel case is hardcase. So i ended up just buying a new shaft on ebay with the nike str8fit technology.

I broke my VRS in the exact same spot as well last year. Took it to a local gold shop and they sent it in for me. Think it took 2 weeks max.

Not a big deal but Nike will stamp an R on the head by the serial number so they know it was repaired by Nike or something.

Thanks for the info. Did you get the original club head back with the same serial number? My thought is they should scrap that thing and send the customer a brand new club. But i'm being overzealous. =)

This happened to me with my old Nike VR-S Str8 Fit. Since it was a used driver it wound up being cheaper to get another used driver as a replacement. My RBZ is still in one piece after more usage and mishits than my Nike. Just saying...

Thanks for the info. Did you get the original club head back with the same serial number? My thought is they should scrap that thing and send the customer a brand new club. But i'm being overzealous. =)

Correct. Same club head, new shaft. I had a Winn Dri-tac on the shaft and they put a new Winn Dri-tac on the new shaft as well, which was nice.

Doesn't this happen a lot to Nikes and was supposed to go away with this gen of STR8 Fir adapters?

Last month, I broke my R11 mid-shaft (don't ask). Taylor Made via Golf Town, replaced it for free with a brand new R1 in two or three days! THANK YOU TAYLOR MADE

Last month, I broke my R11 mid-shaft (don't ask). Taylor Made via Golf Town, replaced it for free with a brand new R1 in two or three days! THANK YOU TAYLOR MADE

Just had sort of the same. The ferrule broke off the tip in my R11 and back came a brand new R1.

I hope Nike does just a well for you.

Back