Do you care what your swing looks like?

Never seen pictures in the score card of anyone's swing...it's all numbers

I could care less how my swing looks. Whatever swings gives me the best score is all I care about.

Nope. Whatever kind of swing that gives me the results I want, no matter how ugly it looks, I will use.

Hells no!

How it looks? Not so much - the swing can look great for warm up and a few holes, but then fall apart later as you grab your back after every swing. I will say that in my mind, I have a good idea of what a good swing FEELS like.

I care about how my ball looks flying through the air and rolling in the cup. Who cares what it looks like getting there. Go with works for you.

Go with what works, especially if you have a medical condition. I played last year with a very goofy swing after having my ACL replaced on my right knee. I not how, it's how many!

I would love to have a swing like Adam Scott's but am fine with a unique swing that is consistent and gets the job done.

As long as it's working and giving me good results, what it looks like doesn't matter a bit!

The better I feel my swing looks the better I feel I play.

I wouldn't care if I had a funky swing, as long as I was tearing up that score card, I would be happy:)

Despite available technology, I've only seen my swing on video twice in 20 years. So my answer is no. The fact is, I was fairly surprised by the acceptable look of my swing (even though I can make out a few flaws).

Results are all that matters to me, if my physical condition dictated the necessary look of my swing, I'd care even less.

Well, I think we all would love a textbook golf swing.

However, when a physical issue gets in the way, do whatever works. There's been a lot of pros who have had success with unconventional swings. So can you.

How it looks in comparison to, say, Tiger or Rory? No, don't care. How it looks in terms of having repeatable positions I can consistently reach, that I do care about. A "Classic finish position" is something I strive for not because it's a classic finish position in the aesthetic sense but because I know I only get there when I don't turn my right shoulder too early, or that my arms are straight and relaxed at impact. So I can look and feel how I finish and know if that's a swing I want to or can replicate.

Don't worry about it. Your swing could look like you're killing a snake in the ditch, but as long as you pull the ball out of the hole in the fewest strokes you are able to your scorecard will reflect it.

The more I think about it, the more I care. I don't care if I look like Adam Scott, but I never want to hear somebody say, "I have no idea how you even hit the ball."

If I get the pieces into good positions, the swing will look good.

Yes and no. To use an analogy from a sport I am actually good at (hockey goaltending) a save is a save is a save. BUT (and it's a big "but") the goalie who is in-control and makes the save look easy, while also controlling the rebound is going to achieve a higher level of proficiency in the nets.

I played this weekend with a guy who putted with his body and feet almost pointed directly to the cup and he drained a lot of putts.

Whatever works, use it.

Honestly not the slightest bit. W2's, 1099's, that I care about. Golf is just fun with friends and freedom from stress, no need to create more for myself.

Impact and the resulting ball flight are all that matters, how you get there doesn't.

I firmly believe that. I wish I could say I have always stuck to that thinking, but I haven't always. I played golf for many years with a single axis, separated hands, club in the lifeline of the palm of my right hand, grip. It looks weird, but makes the game much simpler for me, so much easier to repeat a good impact position. For the last few years I have been playing and practicing with a conventional grip and setup. The only reason I switched was, to be perfectly honest , ego, not wanting to look weird and be described as "the guy with the goofy swing" or the "ugly baseball swing, that's not even a golf swing". The only thing I have gained from switching back to conventional golf is a lot of inconsistency, and frustration, that I had been rid of for many years.
Anyway I'm back to the simple, tried and true, "non" golf swing that has served me well for many years.

So, I wrote all that to say, yeah I guess I have cared about how my swing looked, but I'm over that.

I'm also have back problems. My flexibility is terrible so my swing is looking awful these days (taking a step forward sometimes). I have tried that closed stance and have also seen increased distances but sometimes end up with a big hook. I had a long year of lessons a few years ago and I know how I'm supposed to set up. It kind of bugs me when I get out of my routine. I'm wondering if we wouldn't turn better with a slightly open stance just making sure we keep the left shoulder pulled in a bit. My instructor always told me that he would rather me be a little open to the target than closed and I do think it helps me get through the ball better. The only problem with the open stance is you can't open up that front shoulder or you will slice the heck out of it.

swing YOUR swing

I kind of care what mine looks like but than again I hold the club like a baseball bat. It works for me though

Not really. Id be OK if my swing looked like a caveman killing his lunch as long as it make the ball fly long and straight.

I wish I could say no, but I'd be lying. I hate seeing my swing on video because I can pick out a bunch of faults in it.

Back