Hopkins Golf Wedges Preview Thread

I think your right JMan...I now notice when you click on the grind it changes on the club. The think the heel would work great for me! Thank You!

I like it my friend. Could be REALLY nice around the greens down here.

Whoops, I think I messed up my promo code....entered it to see if it would work and then tried to go back and redo my custom stuff. Now it says the code is no good. Errrrr. Silly me. Time to email customer support. My Bad!!

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what grind may be better suited for me. I tend to dig and get aggressive with my wedge shots, almost where I close the face a bit on contact. I'm here in Texas, so the ground it pretty dry for the most part. I'm thinking either Heel grind (helps face from closing) or Shelf grind. Can anyone see why I shouldn't do either one of those?

Similar conditions and similar swings and I went with the heel on my 60

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just called customer service and they picked up in 4 rings! Said they've had 4 people report that issue to them as well so they are working on it. Glad it wasn't me!

Here was the wedge I think I'm going with with my 3 girls as the theme:

Hopkins_zpsda6df140.jpg

Just called customer service and they picked up in 4 rings! Said they've had 4 people report that issue to them as well so they are working on it. Glad it wasn't me!

Here was the wedge I think I'm going with with my 3 girls as the theme:

Hopkins_zpsda6df140.jpg

That's an awesome wedge. Sound like great CS to.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

That's an awesome wedge. Sound like great CS to.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Thanks! They just emailed me back with a new code. Impressive. Gonna make a few adjustments and then will submit!

Looks great Nate.

Looking forward to seeing all of these including those that have a THP on it.

Looks great Nate.

Looking forward to seeing all of these including those that have a THP on it.

I know sorry....my girls won this battle and they are going to be super excited to see their names on something like this that daddy plays golf with.

Some good looking wedges being designed here. I've been playing around with the customization as well and love all the options available for the price point. It's hard not to pull the trigger right now; I am completely satisfied with my current set-up but having the custom set-up would just be sick. Can't wait to see some of these in person, I never really thought about grinds until this and is something I need to learn more about.

Some good looking wedges being designed here. I've been playing around with the customization as well and love all the options available for the price point. It's hard not to pull the trigger right now; I am completely satisfied with my current set-up but having the custom set-up would just be sick. Can't wait to see some of these in person, I never really thought about grinds until this and is something I need to learn more about.

True story. 5 years ago I did not much either. At that time I took a class that was 19 hours or so with Hopkins' former company that was quite eye opening. But I still did not truly understand the playability, just regurgitating what was given to me. Then I got to spend time with a Mr. Garcia. Not Sergio, but his father. He showed me how to grind (I still dont do it often), what to see, what to hear and what to expect. It was quite the experience and one I will not forget.

True story. 5 years ago I did not much either. At that time I took a class that was 19 hours or so with Hopkins' former company that was quite eye opening. But I still did not truly understand the playability, just regurgitating what was given to me. Then I got to spend time with a Mr. Garcia. Not Sergio, but his father. He showed me how to grind (I still dont do it often), what to see, what to hear and what to expect. It was quite the experience and one I will not forget.

What an incredible experience and way to learn the nuances of it all. There have been so many advances in customization and fitting for clubs for the average consumer/player in the past few years; can't help but wonder if this will be the next step with other manufactures following suit with the ease of customization for ones game beyond just bounce. I know grinds been there for some time, but like many used to think about fitting, that's only for the pro's... maybe it will become more prevalent option for more manufactures.

Dude. That is a pretty freaking incredible story.

I always thought it would be amazing to know how to grind wedges yourself.

Just ordered this bad boy. Needed a new one and thought this was the logical move. Free grind too!

Clean and simple. I like it dude.

Just ordered this bad boy. Needed a new one and thought this was the logical move. Free grind too!

That is just awesome.

Oh and I forgot, I splurged for a green Lamkin grip and green ferrule. Customization off the charts.

Here is what I have saved in my cart. Bent to 49 degrees and 2 degrees flat. However it wont let me change from the full grind so I have an email into support. I think I want to try the shelf grind...

ScreenShot2013-06-26at103912PM.png

If this 56 degree is even 10% better than my current wedge (which isn't going to be hard), I'll be purchasing the 52 degree very shortly.

BTW, very impressed with the customer service guys today. Had a bit of an issue getting my code to go through the system and we finally did a work around to make it happen. Great stuff from the team as I know there are still things to work out.

I ordered this yesterday. Along with a Purple grip and Ferrule. With my initials stamped everywhere Nobody should confuse it for their own wedge that's for sure.

Can't wait to see some in hand pics of these!

IMG_1583_zpsd6b3b994.png

Wow James....you already received it!? Looks great!

Back