Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

I was finally able to play a full 18 yesterday with my XHPs. I had played two 9 hole rounds, but they were on a short course where it mostly driver, LW for me. I played the back tees set at 7000 yards which I dont normally do but I wanted to make sure I was going to hit the irons. These things flat out performed. I set up my club tracker to track my shots throughout the day. I wouldnt say I was much longer then my old 762s but they were a lot more forgiving. The longer irons were a bit longer but they are also about 2 degrees stronger, so not a big surprise. The 8,9,PW seemed to be comparable in length. One 6 iron was so poorly struck that the mark on the face was almost off the grooves on toe. I had 198 in and it still managed to find its way onto the front part of the green flying, 188(according to golflogix). Normally this would have been a good 30 yards short. I am loving these irons more everytime I hit them especially the accuracy improvement I am seeing with the long irons.

I really like my X Hot irons so far but I just noticed the red X fell off of my 8 iron!

X-Hot Pros are in state. Should be in the bag today or tomorrow!

X-Hot Pros are in state. Should be in the bag today or tomorrow!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these.

I can't wait to give them! I've been dying to get these out on the course for the past week.

Anyone else seeing BIG gaps between irons? Was on the monitor today to compare my current sticks to the XHot Pro's. I knew I was going to see differences in yardages 6-iron vs 6-iron so I took the XHot Pro 7-iron into the simulator as well.

My current 6-iron (RAZR X Forged w/ Nippon 950GH HT shafts) was avg'ing about 165-167yds which is pretty accurate for me.
XHot Pro 7-iron was avg'ing 158-161yds
XHot Pro 6-iron was avg'ing 174-177yds (Even nuked one that went 182yds...insane for my SS)

That's nearly a 20yd gap between consecutive irons.

Anyone else seeing BIG gaps between irons? Was on the monitor today to compare my current sticks to the XHot Pro's. I knew I was going to see differences in yardages 6-iron vs 6-iron so I took the XHot Pro 7-iron into the simulator as well.

My current 6-iron (RAZR X Forged w/ Nippon 950GH HT shafts) was avg'ing about 165-167yds which is pretty accurate for me.
XHot Pro 7-iron was avg'ing 158-161yds
XHot Pro 6-iron was avg'ing 174-177yds (Even nuked one that went 182yds...insane for my SS)

That's nearly a 20yd gap between consecutive irons.

Actually sounds closer to about 15 yards between clubs. My irons are between 10-15 yards per club. Haven't got to hit my XHPs yet, so I don't know about them yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen about the same distance gaps that I had previously, right in the 10 - 15 yard range.

I went out and bought the matching A wedge (50*) yesterday. Now have to figure out whether to keep the 4 iron or the 4 hybrid in the bag.

I'm averaging 15-20 yards between each club.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am starting to get these dialed in. Believe it or not, they are about a half club shorter than what I was paying so it is taking a little bit to get there, but I am going to be fully dialed in very soon.

I am starting to get these dialed in. Believe it or not, they are about a half club shorter than what I was paying so it is taking a little bit to get there, but I am going to be fully dialed in very soon.

What WERE you playing?!?! :eek:

What WERE you playing?!?! :eek:

He was playing CG Black irons. I can see that, those irons were long

He was playing CG Black irons. I can see that, those irons were long

Still... 1/2 longer than these is crazy. These are a good club longer than my i20's, even with heavier shafts in them.

Have any one you XHot Pro users played with the X22 Tours in the past? Curious on the compare and contrast - thanks

Have any one you XHot Pro users played with the X22 Tours in the past? Curious on the compare and contrast - thanks

I have not, sorry.

I played the X22 Tours for 2 years and i'll have XHP's soon. I'll come back to you asap with a comparison

I have not, sorry.

No problem - I picked up a set on the cheap with no real intention of playing them for long (couldn't resist a good deal) and have been surprised how much I'm enjoying them. My eye has been on the XHot Pro's all season but haven't pulled the trigger.

The transition to the XHP's for me haven't been as seemless as I had hoped. I'm not seeing the distance gains I had expected. They aren't short by any means, but based on my fitting and the reputation of these, I thought I was going to gain 1/2 to a full club, and that hasn't shown up so far. I'm struggling with feel a bit, I'll hit some bad shots, and not know exactly where I missed. I'm sure that'll come a bit with time.

I have hit some great shots as well, I don't doubt as I get them dialed in I'm going to hit alot more of those great shots.

Wake, my first few rounds were a bit shaky too. I was seeing a 1/2 club shorter distance initially. I'm closer to getting them dialed in now after 10 rounds. Seeing about a 1/2 club increase now. My confidence is soaring. Averaging 42% GIR through those 10 rounds where I was about 30% GIR for the last several months with the old clubs.

Gentlemen, I just purchased a brand new set of x hots, 3h and 4h, 5-pw,sw. Graphite, regular flex. I'm going to play 18 this afternoon and will report back. These just felt right in my hand. They will need to be pretty good to unseat my Altitudes from the bag. These almost look like blades compared to the altitudes. I'm hoping for a little more accuracy from these compared to the Cleveland's. What I mean is closer birdie putts. I hit lots of greens with altitudes, just seemed like I was always 20-30 feet away. I'm hoping the smaller club face profile will help with hitting it closer to the pin, we will see. I have only had 1 birdie in my last 6 rounds with the altitudes, not good when you play in skins games, so I'm hoping the switch will help.

The transition to the XHP's for me haven't been as seemless as I had hoped. I'm not seeing the distance gains I had expected. They aren't short by any means, but based on my fitting and the reputation of these, I thought I was going to gain 1/2 to a full club, and that hasn't shown up so far. I'm struggling with feel a bit, I'll hit some bad shots, and not know exactly where I missed. I'm sure that'll come a bit with time.

I have hit some great shots as well, I don't doubt as I get them dialed in I'm going to hit alot more of those great shots.

Maybe you should have went standard length and 2 degrees flat...you seemed to hit those well!! lol

My MC irons arrived yesterday evening and after spending a long long time looking at them i decided i was going to the range first thing this morning. Hell i was there waiting on the guys to open up. For my MC irons i went with the new XHot Pro irons with the stock PX 95 flighted shaft in 5.5 and the NDMC whiteout white/blue.

I was a little hesitent coming from the Razr X Black in uniflex to the XHot Pro but those thoughts were laid to rest as soon as i hit the PW. Oh wow these irons are exciting to hit. Callaway have outdone themselves with the combination of such a great shaft and down right stunning head. These shafts are a perfect fit for me, i love the weight,i love the feel.

As you can see in the pictures i was hitting off mats because it was raining. The range i use recently replaced their old mats so i was hitting for a perfect surface. I was seeing distance gains of about 10-15 yards throughout my bag but that was with crappy range balls so i'll know more on distances when i get out on the course.

These are incredibly forgiving irons. I didn't have to many mishits but did catch a couple of heavy ones. Even the heavy ones moved out there quite a bit and had no great distance losses.

Noline was asking about the comparison between the XHot Pro and X-22 Pro. These are far more forgiving the x-22. The x22 with the PX95 could be close to these but mishits would punish you more.

994494_4933951873382_1934702114_n.jpg

1016369_4933957393520_539058651_n.jpg

600189_4933955193465_212893439_n.jpg

382515_4933956233491_254553964_n.jpg

8623_4933965353719_1106965239_n.jpg

Back