Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Just took it in to GS and the Manager I usually talk to wasn't there, so they are sending it off to Cobra for replacement. 3W gonna have to step up for a while!

I have noticed that on the 9.5D setting. It only draws with the right swing. A draw swing if you will. If that makes sense. I was trying it at the range yesterday since my past couple rounds haven't been desirable with the driver. I started working it out again. So we will see tonight if I can do it on the course again.

I have thrown the Phenom shaft back in and have the myfly set at 8.5. I am controlling the flight pretty nicely at this point. With more range time I might see if I can up that loft again and get perhaps a little more distance. If not I am comfortable with where it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nice Dean. 8.5 is where I will stay. Anything else is way too high. I can still get the ball up with the 8.5, but have also never hit it too low either.

I have noticed that on the 9.5D setting. It only draws with the right swing. A draw swing if you will. If that makes sense. I was trying it at the range yesterday since my past couple rounds haven't been desirable with the driver. I started working it out again. So we will see tonight if I can do it on the course again.

I found the same thing. It flattened out my fade slightly, but keeps it in the edge of the fairway or slight rough just a tad more than the regular 9.5 setting. I might play around with the 8.5 setting tomorrow for fun.

Put the B Asha back in today before the round and was at the range, odd sound after a drive...oops:
IMAG1287.jpg

Little too much stress I'm guessing. Hope I won't have too much trouble getting it resolved and hopefully it's quick or I won't have a driver in Branson.

So sorry my man! What do you think caused this? Too much turning when replacing the head after changing the shaft?

I've had mine set at 8.5 for months but changed it to 9.5D today, hit nothing but big bomb draws all day :act-up:

Moved mine from 8.5 to 10.5 today and was bombing the ball. I love this driver.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I've had mine set at 8.5 for months but changed it to 9.5D today, hit nothing but big bomb draws all day :act-up:

Moved mine from 8.5 to 10.5 today and was bombing the ball. I love this driver.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I love hearing this! It really is a very very solid offering from Cobra. The best they have had in 5 or 6 years IMO.

I had a rough day with mine yesterday, but my swing just wasn't where it should have been. I'm feeling a bit more relaxed today, so we will try it again in my group here in a couple hours.

I think 199 is a real attractive price for these. Really a good driver head that offers plenty of forgiveness. Id say the head is more mid spin than low spin for those looking for that.

Hit lots of fairways again today! The ones I did miss were just off but 1, it was way left from a pull.

So sorry my man! What do you think caused this? Too much turning when replacing the head after changing the shaft?

Thanks for the condolences...lol. Don't think it was switching out shafts, one click and stop, but one never knows.

Really groovin my driver at the mo..

Over the last two days I've hit 6 300 yard drives (GPS measured)! Really loving my Red Baron :act-up:

Last edited:
Started out today hooking the crap out of my tee shots, but then slowed down only missed 1 fairway on the back 9, which was still playable.

I really like this thing when I hit it well, but I'm thinking I should have gotten a stiff flex. When I put some ooomph behind one, it's going to hook. I'm typically in between flexes anyways, but the Fuel seems to be a bit soft for me.

Really groovin my driver at the mo..

Over the last two days I've hit 6 300 yard drives (GPS measured)! Really loving my Red Baron :act-up:
Thats huge! The only time I've gone 300+ is with some cart path help.

Might try adding loft to this today. Distance is great but I am really looking for premium accuracy. Yesterday was solid for the most part with a few hiccups. Those were my fault however, not the clubs.

I am looking forward to hitting one of these on the range during MC Media Day. I've hit it well in the stores, but want to try it outside. The XLC might be too low spin for me, so this could be a good improvement on that.

I am looking forward to hitting one of these on the range during MC Media Day. I've hit it well in the stores, but want to try it outside. The XLC might be too low spin for me, so this could be a good improvement on that.

If you want medium spin that can fluctuate up or down pretty noticeably based on shaft, this needs to be on your MUST hit list.

If you want medium spin that can fluctuate up or down pretty noticeably based on shaft, this needs to be on your MUST hit list.

Yes, that sounds like what I need. I will be checking them out, no doubt abt that. I loved the hybrids when I was able to hit them last yr at the tour van stops.

Yes, that sounds like what I need. I will be checking them out, no doubt abt that. I loved the hybrids when I was able to hit them last yr at the tour van stops.

What is funny is that even though I know my spin is alittle high, I don't see any ballooning at all. And my control is better. Which is odd.

What is funny is that even though I know my spin is alittle high, I don't see any ballooning at all. And my control is better. Which is odd.

So you thinking of turning it up in loft just to get a bit more carry?

Back