Staff Bags & Using Them

I just got done reading this entire thread and this is my first post on thp. I ordered a Taylormade R11s full size staff bag and it arrives Thursday just in time for my couples tournament. I am going to be "posing" my ass off this weekend!
Welcome to THP! Hope you enjoy your new bag. I love mine.

I have my eye on another staffer on the bay, right now. I dont need it. But, I want it.

I have my eye on another staffer on the bay, right now. I dont need it. But, I want it.

Isn't that the truth with a lot of golf equipment? LOL I have an abundance of golf balls that "I don't need"

yeah it is pretty roomy.

I just found it to be too much of a struggle to get it on the cart and attached with the elastics so I decided to drop it for a cart bag with 14 full length dividers and a putter well. It's not quite as nice looking but it's a lot more convenient imo

Here I went the other way. My Bennington is nice but the thing weighs as much empty as the TMX 2 does with clubs in it. The Bennington is for power carts the TMX for pushing. When your course is built on the river bank, lighter is better.

Seen that one. Good deal on it...you should pull the trigger. Be a hero to thousands!
There are quite a few watchers, I am sure.

The only thing better than a staff bag, is a staff bag with the THP logo on it, I love my staff bags

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be switching over to my XHot staff bag this weekend in prep for my last round before we leave for the morgan cup

My bag is on the delivery truck and will be at my house when I get home tonight after work. So excited!! Pics to come

Where is the 'proper' place to put X bombs and Drain stickers on my callaway staff bag ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Where is the 'proper' place to put X bombs and Drain stickers on my callaway staff bag ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Most of the tour guys are putting them on the sides.

There are quite a few watchers, I am sure.

This is probably the case - are fellow THPers going to drive up the final price? Say it isn't so. :weep:

A little old school Orlimar mixed with the new school Titleist...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373606234206.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373606234206.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
A little old school Orlimar mixed with the new school Titleist...
Old school bags have an excellent touch of class, loved looking at them in my grandpas basement.

I would never shell out the coin for one, but if I came across one that fit my equipment/style, I would definitely use it.

My thoughts on a "Staff" bag is one should use them if they are on a companies "Staff" and it is provided for them. Any reason other than that makes no sense to me because the modern day cart bags are much more user-friendly. Out of the group (20-25 guys) I play with weekly only one has a staff bag and he is the PGA pro, he is a Staffer. The rest of us are 10 handicaps or less and we all use cart bags or stand bags.

Staff Bags look professional but are heavy, they crowd the cart for your riding partner and are more of a pain than a benefit. Just my opinion.

My thoughts on a "Staff" bag is one should use them if they are on a companies "Staff" and it is provided for them. Any reason other than that makes no sense to me because the modern day cart bags are much more user-friendly. Out of the group (20-25 guys) I play with weekly only one has a staff bag and he is the PGA pro, he is a Staffer. The rest of us are 10 handicaps or less and we all use cart bags or stand bags.

Staff Bags look professional but are heavy, they crowd the cart for your riding partner and are more of a pain than a benefit. Just my opinion.

I agree with many of your points Hitman. I use a Ping Hoofer as my primary bag, but could see needing a big bag for tournaments where you need to store extra towels, rain gear, etc.

Plenty of room on the carts here for two staff bags comfortably. I'm ok with the weight of a staff bag. I work out

Plenty of room on the carts here for two staff bags comfortably. I'm ok with the weight of a staff bag. I work out
Do you even lift?

Back