Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

I really like the Amp Cell fairway wood. There is just something about it, even with the standard offering, that gives me everything I want in a fairway wood. Thinking when we get back from the next two THP Tour Van events, that I might bring it out for a few rounds.

the last time i hit this, i found that it really dug down and got the ball. (the hybrid as well)
and for that reason, among others, they both really stood out to me.

I am very much looking forward to getting it in my bag. I have really liked these fairways every time I have hit them. You know how much I like a good 3 wood.

cannot wait to get that sucker in the bag. i love/hate my RBZ, so it'll be a good transition i think.

All I have been thinking about is how I was blasting this wood at demo day. Can't wait to put it in play! As well as the hybrid.

#beforelong

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

All I have been thinking about is how I was blasting this wood at demo day. Can't wait to put it in play! As well as the hybrid.

#beforelong

I can't wait to use these things off the tee!

I can't wait to use these things off the tee!

Short par 4's it will be nice using these off the tee. Just an awesome edition to the bag.

Those of you carrying the Amp cell hybrids- how do they compare to the RBZ hybrids from last year? I have one right now, but with the ACP irons most likely winning a spot in my bag, I may try out the matching hybrid. The only other one I've seriously liked this year was the XHP hybrid, so how does it compare to that as well?

Those of you carrying the Amp cell hybrids- how do they compare to the RBZ hybrids from last year? I have one right now, but with the ACP irons most likely winning a spot in my bag, I may try out the matching hybrid. The only other one I've seriously liked this year was the XHP hybrid, so how does it compare to that as well?

I'm really impressed with Amp just like I am with the X-Hot, they look almost identical at address and both seem to produce the same baby fade I'm accustom with. The reason I went with Amp Cell over another X-Hot was my gapping between my 5i and 20* X-Hot is kind of screwy and wanted the adjustability to maybe fix that gapping and get it better dialed in. I'm glad I decided on both those Hybrids, I only played a few rounds with Amp so far ther results have been good, like I mentioned above in my post.

These are going to fit nicely in the top of the bag. I hit my ACP 5i pretty good. So the adjustability of these will make it so there is no gap for me. I'm really excited about that!

These are going to fit nicely in the top of the bag. I hit my ACP 5i pretty good. So the adjustability of these will make it so there is no gap for me. I'm really excited about that!

I was hoping I'd see them today so I can take them out tomorrow, if not it'll only be a bit of range practice before I fly out!

Just grabbed the 4/5 Cell hybrid in orange. Hit it well on the simulator. Looking forward to getting a round or two in soon to give it a real test.

My thoughts exactly!

Liking my 3-4 more every round. Off the box it's perfect for the longer par 3 around 220-235 yards set at 4+.
Off the deck I hit it pretty low even at the 4+ but it's usually dead straight or baby fade 230 like clock work. I do love it's sound and feel when you sweet spot it.
The stock shaft feels better than my Cleveland hybrid which was an unexpected treat. If I don't stay aggressive with the C KUA it can give you bad results.
But with the Cobra 3-4 I can lay off a bit and it still produces nice results.

Liking my 3-4 more every round. Off the box it's perfect for the longer par 3 around 220-235 yards set at 4+.
Off the deck I hit it pretty low even at the 4+ but it's usually dead straight or baby fade 230 like clock work. I do love it's sound and feel when you sweet spot it.
The stock shaft feels better than my Cleveland hybrid which was an unexpected treat. If I don't stay aggressive with the C KUA it can give you bad results.

Nice thoughts man. I am drooling to get this in my bag.

Awesome dude! 230 that's good!

Good stuff Hotled! I was also hitting it low off the deck until I started lowering my right shoulder at address (I'm a righty). It more mid to high flight now. Give that a try!

Received my blue AC fairway today while at work. I was going nuts waiting for the day to end. As soon as it was done I was off to the local course and had about 20 balls in the car. I had it set to 3+ and was SMOKING IT !
Our course is really wet at the moment and I was carrying it a little over 240yards. That's not bad considering its winter and the outside temp is about 4degrees Celsius, the balls were cold and so was I but all I can say is I'm in love with this thing. It is ridiculously straight !

Last edited:
Received my blue AC fairway today while at work. I was going nuts waiting for the day to end. As soon as it was done I was off to the local course and had about 20 balls in the car. I had it set to 3+ and was SMOKING IT !
Our course is really wet at the moment and I was carrying it a little over 240yards. That's not bad considering its winter and the outside temp is about 4degrees Celsius, the balls were cold and so was I but all I can say is I'm in love with this thing. It is ridiculously straight !

Nice man! Great to hear!

Nice man. If I could carry this club 240 I don't know if I'd ever pull driver. The blue looks great doesn't it?

Nice man. If I could carry this club 240 I don't know if I'd ever pull driver. The blue looks great doesn't it?

They all look great boss haha

Yes, yes it does.

Love the blue.

I have the cell 3-4 red hybrid set to 4 (22' I guess it is ) I was playing Sunday and had a 200 yard carry over a pond to the green and was in the rough. I was going to do the smart thing and lay up as I am not a big hitter usually, but I knew if I could par this hole I would break my previous best score there. So I grab the cell and give it a lash. Hit a missile & I carry the pond, and roll to the fringe on the left. Ended up with a bogey, but gave myself a look at par. The only negative for this club for me is a definite tendancy to pull hook for some reason. Guessing it's because of the lighter shaft maybe ... could also be something as simple as ball position. Haven't been able to practice much lately, but I will figure it out I think. When I do, probably time to look at a 3 hybrid - in blue!

Got home today and there was a COBRA present for me!! Hybo and fairway baby! Pictures coming later today- I promise !! Going out to break them in at 2:00 can't wait!!

Got home today and there was a COBRA present for me!! Hybo and fairway baby! Pictures coming later today- I promise !! Going out to break them in at 2:00 can't wait!!

alright brother! that's what i'm talking about! #gotime

Back