Diane

Reaction score
I'm sure this will sound stupid, but every so often when I'm on a hill with the ball above my feet - after I hit the ball - my foot cramps. It's not like I can stop and massage my foot so I have to walk to my next shot and just hope it goes away quickly. I would guess that I'm distributing my weight incorrectly on those shots, but have no idea how to fix it given the stance. Does this ever happen to anyone else or am I the only uncoordinated one here?

I don't recall getting a muscle cramp while golfing often enough that it's an issue. More potassium, perhaps?

Of course I'm not usually walking either, maybe that's a contributing factor?

I have Lyme related neuralgia, but that's more of a sharp pain. My diet is quite good so I'm not lacking anything. As I said, it's only on hills.

Is it in you arch? Might be shoe related?

I'm sure this will sound stupid, but every so often when I'm on a hill with the ball above my feet - after I hit the ball - my foot cramps. It's not like I can stop and massage my foot so I have to walk to my next shot and just hope it goes away quickly. I would guess that I'm distributing my weight incorrectly on those shots, but have no idea how to fix it given the stance. Does this ever happen to anyone else or am I the only uncoordinated one here?
My right calf will cramp up once in a while. It sometimes seems it has to do with golf, but I am not entirely sure about that, because it doesn't exclusively happen during golf. It is managable mostly, so I try not to worry about it.

I don't know how you might fix your stance. The stance with the ball-above-the feet lie will always be a bit awkward. You might take some of the strain off your foot by placing your weight more on your heel, but that might ruin your balance, or just move the problem to your calf! It might be worth it to experiment with this though.

And no, you are not the only uncoordinated one here.

That's good to know. :whew:
That is a cool smiley!

BTW, you shouldn't call yourself uncoordinated just because of a foot cramp from a terrible lie! Plus, you are very much color-coordinated! :act-up:

I have had a similar problem before but never when I walk during a round it only happens when I ride. Try walking a little farther than you normally would up to your ball next time to improve the circulation in your feet before you take your stance.

I have had a similar problem before but never when I walk during a round it only happens when I ride. Try walking a little farther than you normally would up to your ball next time to improve the circulation in your feet before you take your stance.

I try that, but every time I try to hit it farther I always hit it into the woods. hehe

I found your comment very interesting: I have sometimes wondered if my right calf problems stem from driving (a car). Playing golf and driving are the only functions (that I can think of) where my legs perform asymmetrically.

I found your comment very interesting: I have sometimes wondered if my right calf problems stem from driving (a car). Playing golf and driving are the only functions (that I can think of) where my legs perform asymmetrically.

I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. I think it results from doing a lot of driving. I know it doesn't come from too much exercise.

Kevin

If it only happens on those type of shot's I'd say it's a weight transfer thing. (and no, that was not a comment on your weight, lol). I have it fairly often because of leg and circulation problems in my legs. If I stay down well on the shot I sometimes seem to put too much weight on my toes if the ball is above my feet.

I got extensive DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) after brain surgery in 1995 to remove a tumor. Not much they could do for me, so I don't walk the course often or play a lot of tennis anymore.

If it only happens on those type of shot's I'd say it's a weight transfer thing. (and no, that was not a comment on your weight, lol). I have it fairly often because of leg and circulation problems in my legs. If I stay down well on the shot I sometimes seem to put too much weight on my toes if the ball is above my feet.

I agree, but no clue how to fix it. I first have to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Some how I think it has something to do with balance and keeping levek during the shot. Andy could figure this out.

Back