What pin placement just gives you fits?

Anything on a back ridge. Can never commit to take extra club and get it back there onto an upper level.

Pins to the front right or left, tucked behind a bunker that has 1/4" of sand! LOL That seems to be one of the favorite pin placements at the course our league plays at.

For me it really depends on what is around the green. My natural shot shape is a draw, so if there is trouble right and the pin is on the right side of the green, I have a hard time getting myself to start the ball on the right edge/over the trouble. However, if there is not very much trouble to the right I don't really have a problem.

Back left....I tend to over cook the ball and end up missing the green

Right side. Esp if I am coming from the left side of the fairway or rough. I have issues aligning to the right.

Tucked pins, I'm a sucker for sucker pins instead of just playing to the green.

Pins with water within 50 yards is no bueno for me.

Tucked pins, I'm a sucker for sucker pins instead of just playing to the green.

Those are the fun ones. You know you shouldn't go at them. But when you hit that great shot you feel all sorts of good. When you miss you blame the superintendent for setting up a sucker pin.

I just aim at the middle of the green these days. However, I hate a pin that is on the edge of a ridge.

I hate front left pin placements. It just doesn't fit well with my swing or my eye. It seems I always go to far left or go way right.

a back pin, especially when the green is elevated and i can only see the top of the flag...
i know where it's at, i even jog up to take a look at how much room i have if i'm close enough.
but no matter what, i can never seem to get the ball there or i throw it over.

big undulating greens or massive tiers get to me - especially on a long par 3.

Front pins that result in either a) downhill putts, or; b) putting from the finge.

Front pins tucked behind trouble. I will always take an extra club. if the green slopes back to front, then I become quite scared of those long down hill putts!

I do not like when the pin is in front on a big green with a bunker, water, or a nasty slope. It just gets in my mind.

Back pins give me the most problem. I'm always concerned about flying the green. If it's a front pin I feel more confident on the shot.

I was giving this topic some thought and it really depends for me. I'm comfortable with front pins, but it depends on what club I'm holding. If I'm attacking with a wedge, no problem. Hit it just past the pin and spin it back a few feet. Now take that same pin and add 4 clubs with a forced carry? Not the same beast and makes me a little nervous.

Overall back pins tend to give me difficulty. I guess it's because of how I play my wedges. I like to play just past the hole and spin them back. That's really not the best strategy for a back pin and I tend to leave myself a chip or a long birdie putt.

I also hate attacking pins on the left side! I play a fade and if it doesn't cut I'm stuck missing left. I haven't been attacking those pins this year. I usually end up 20-30 ft right of the flag.

All of them.

Lol my first thought! But front pins give me the most headache. I try to play them short and usually end up screwing up everything.

Back right. Hitting a fade is a near imposibility for me with a very low success rate when attempted.

Front pins lately. I keep trying to play right on the number and come up just short (especially inside 60 yards)

Back