The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love some mid-summer dry ground, aside from when it turns the greens to concrete!

Range time between work and a meeting tonight. I think it's gonna be 50% putting 40% wedges and 10% full swings tonight.

Gotta love some mid-summer dry ground, aside from when it turns the greens to concrete!

Yeah, couldn't get a single ball to stop, even with the SW - although playing the e6 normally means I don't have too much trouble adapting to the roll-out

Saw this on Patrick Goss (Luke Donald's coach) twitter page.

@lukedonald 135 mins practice today broken down: putting 55 mins, full swing 40 mins, short game 40 mins. Efficient practice on a light day

Any wonder why the pro's are so much better putters than the rest of us?

Saw this on Patrick Goss (Luke Donald's coach) twitter page.

@lukedonald 135 mins practice today broken down: putting 55 mins, full swing 40 mins, short game 40 mins. Efficient practice on a light day

Any wonder why the pro's are so much better putters than the rest of us?

Putting is probably my worst part of my game even though it has improved quite a bit, but I just don't have the access to putting greens to get 'proper' practice on a regular basis

Range with the boy was fine. It was hot.

Started off using the Swingyde with irons. Took it off after a while. Did the same with the driver. Hit some partial swings. Got tired and hot and called it a day.

Range with the boy was fine. It was hot.

Started off using the Swingyde with irons. Took it off after a while. Did the same with the driver. Hit some partial swings. Got tired and hot and called it a day.

It was hot today out there... walked 9 and was sweating like a fat baby in a car seat...

Range time prior to the round for me working on drills to maintain spine angle and clear the lower body.

Yea buddy. Sticky stuff!

Yea buddy. Sticky stuff!

Yeah man same here it was 88 but 108 with humidity...luckily there is 60 less lbs of me to lug around

Went to the short game area and worked for almost 2 hours. Jman really got me working on visualizing the shot instead of just hitting it so I am trying really hard to get that ingrained in my head

Hit half a bucket at the range and spent some time putting. Feeling good.

Planned on a putting-only session, but decided to focus on wedges, driver, and sand (which I need huge improvement in). Ended-up going through 3 buckets, and not quite 50 green-side (simulated) sand shots. Humid as heck, but hit some good shots - satisfied. Putting session mid-week, now.

I've gone to the range the past few days trying to work on my long irons as they are my weaker clubs but feel like the more frustrated I get the worse I do and start making rookie swings. Moved the ball back a couple inches in my stance but can't seem to get any consistency going. So going back in the morning for 9 holes to see if playing a little round will clear the range habits I've formed. Rant over

Just got back from a great session at the range. Started rough but once I remembered my main swing thoughts I was on track and blistering balls down range.
Lately Ive been trying to fight my natural cut with the driver and it has led to lefts and more lefts. Tonight I focused on honing my little fade instead and the results were there for sure...cant wait to play again! My "miss" is a low spin, dead straight bomb which I can deal with.

I did struggle with my 3 wood off the deck tonight. Ive been trying to take a divot with my FW's and its making me hit them fat. Ill get it figured out.

Worked on my <120 and in yardage - felt really good and was getting them close on the pins. Still struggling with <50 and in and the occasionally bad shot (thin or hosel)

BPD7cgHCAAEkpoG.jpg

local range to me finally reopened after resodding/leveling the area - as you can see to the right - folks tend to really dig up random areas which I don't get.

as you can see to the right - folks tend to really dig up random areas which I don't get.

This seems to be a really common problem at every grass range I've ever been to. I think it's cause people really don't know any better.

Had probably the best range session I've ever had this morning. Took just the 9 and 7 out, stretched out a little and hit two bags. There were definitely a few outliers and mishits, but I had a number of shots that did exactly what I saw happening. I'd tell myself, "I want to cut this just a little to the left of the 100yd flag and land it at the white 150 marker, and sure enough, that's exactly what would happen. On average, I was probably 10-20 ft off my intended target; a few where I just turned my right hand over and hooked it a little, or got a little lazy and left it out right. For me, a 17-18 HCP, hitting 15-20 balls exactly how I wanted, within a few feet of my target, accounting for wind, shot shape, etc. I was pretty stoked.

I don't practice a ton. I usually just want to get on the course, but with my job I go through periods where I don't go into the office until after 9, so I have enough time to hit the range, but not enough to actually play, so that's what I'm starting to do. I hope that I take these opportunities to really learn to practice right. Like a lot of us, I end up just hacking away at the same shot over and over until I hit a few nice ones in a row and then shut it down.

Today was the first time I was actually disciplined enough to step off the mat in between each shot, play different targets, alternate clubs, etc. And I love how it went, imagine that!

Spent some time on the range yesterday with my camera to capture my swing. I haven't played any where as much this year as last and my scores have reflected it. Last year after some lessons, I was consistently in the low 90's and even broke 90 a couple times.

The camera doesn't lie. I have reverted back to the same swing I had before lessons. They are identical. I'm too bent over, no spine tilt, back swing is forever to long.

I'm thinking 9 to 3 drill for today's range session.

Last lesson before the MC coming up. Ready to finish polishing things. Then it's over to the short game area for 20-50 yards and greenside bunker work.

You rule dhill. Really man. I'm so impressed with your dedication coming into the MC.

Thanks Hawk. I'm having a blast finishing getting ready.

Spent some time just tweaking a few things in the lesson. It's amazing how much I've improved in the past few months with a new teacher. Finding the right person to take lessons from is so important.

Then it was up to the short game area to end the lesson.

Afterwards I spent another 2 hours working on 30 yards and in with lots if putting.

Thanks Hawk. I'm having a blast finishing getting ready.

Spent some time just tweaking a few things in the lesson. It's amazing how much I've improved in the past few months with a new teacher. Finding the right person to take lessons from is so important.

Then it was up to the short game area to end the lesson.

Afterwards I spent another 2 hours working on 30 yards and in with lots if putting.

Nice work man...keep plugging away

I took today off then back at it tomorrow...thinking range with new woods and some short game work. Then a lesson thurs to see what he thinks of new swing...and work on short game and sand shots.

Very nice Mike! I don't think I'll get any range time the next two days. I will Friday. Play Saturday. Range Sunday and Tuesday then it's go time.

Hitting P3 balls against the side of the station, working on slowing down my swing and doing drills.

It's the best I got tonight!

Think I have to shut it down right now. Left wrist is inflammed and I'm having a hard time doing much of anything with it. Lots of pain meds otherwise I would not have gotten through work today. Really not sure what is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back