The Open Championship Experience - ONLY on DIRECTV

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

It's The Open Championship time, which means DIRECTV is at it again with extended interactive coverage throughout the tournament.

Fans who tune into DIRECTV's Open Championship Experience will be overwhelmed with coverage during the battle for the 3rd Major Championship of the year and The Claret Jug this week. The digital TV entertainment provider will team up with ESPN to deliver four-cell Mix Channel coverage of all the action at Scotland's legendary Muirfield course beginning July 18 through July 24. Mix Channel (Ch. 701) will feature the main broadcast from ESPN (Ch. 702), plus dedicated channels for Holes 1 & 18 (703) and Holes 7, 8 & 9 (704), and an international feed with British commentators (705). The channels can be watched at the same time or selected and tuned in to full screen. The service is all in HD and free of charge to customers. Viewers can also use interactive features for real time updates by pressing the red button on their remote while watching any of the Open Championship channels to see:

• Leaderboard – for information on all golfers in the field
  • Scorecard - hole–by-hole stats for each player, including driving distance, fairways hit
  • Top Five Leaders – a quick view of the real-time scores of the top five players.

• Staff
I know for me it shows JUST how much of a golf addict that I am since I switched to DIRECTV last year just for the sake of the majors coverage, love this stuff. Not to mention, this one is my FAVORITE major, so I'm especially excited to have it for this one.

Gotta love having Directv!
I need to fix my DVR now

I love getting up at 3am to watch coverage of the Open

Really wishing I had DirecTV now...

• Staff
I love getting up at 3am to watch coverage of the Open

Me too buddy, the Doc thinks I'm nuts but I wake up and camp out on the couch every year on the first round.

I just cant get enough of DIRECTV and their coverage of the majors!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Goes great with my 3 TV's in one room! #YeaISaidIt

Thanks for the info Jman! Just switched to DirecTV last September so I'll be looking in on these channels...as long as my daughters don't hog the big screen. I just might have to go down to the other tv in the basement if that happens.

I love DirecTV and I love my DVR's !
Just logged on to my account online and set up the dvr's to record as much of the Open as possible.

As well as the Majors, they have been doing this "enhanced" Coverage for a few other Regular events as well, this is whats left....

The World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational (Aug. 3-4)
The PGA Championship (Aug. 8-11)
The Barclays (Aug. 24-25)

http://www.pgatour.com/company/2013/05/28/pga-tour-directv.html

Work schedule this week is perfect for watching the Open, so glad I have Direct. Between golf and NFL package, can't beat it.

I got to watch the Open last year and thats what made me fall in love with DIRECTV. The coverage you get is second to none and you can watch it pretty much all day. Its so awesome and I am really looking forward to watching it again this year. The wife and kids arent so happy for it but who cares, its major golf!!

I don't have direct tv, but even if I did, I'd still be watching the Open on the BBC iPlayer. I can't watch the Open without hearing the dulcet tones of Peter Alliss, Ken Brown and Wayne Grady.

I get DirecTV installed on Saturday morning, I can't wait.

Pretty stoked about this.

Between the NFL ticket and the Majors experience... I couldnt imagine life without DirecTv.

Quick question...

Does anyone know where I can get a list of A-B-C List golfers? The boss and I do a bet for every major, and I cant seem to find one.

Back