Taylormade Burner Iron Reaches #1

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Stay tuned for tonight as THP & Taylormade make an announcement that will make some forum members extremely HAPPY!

TaylorMade's Burner® Iron Reaches No. 1 in U.S. Sales
Already No. 1 Driver, TaylorMade Golf Company Produces an Iron Model that Tops the Sales Charts in the U.S. for the First Time in Company History

For the first time ever, a TaylorMade iron ranks No. 1 in sales in the United States, as the TaylorMade Burner became the top-selling iron model in June, according to Golf Datatech.*

Launched last January, Burner irons were developed differently than previous TaylorMade irons, with the long-irons, middle-irons and short-irons each created separately. The goal was to create easy-to-launch irons that deliver "meaningful distance," defined as longer distance that's consistent from club to club, so that every club is consistently longer than the club before it, and that the spaces in between each club are significant, even and predictable.

"The way we design, produce and manufacture irons today is very different from how we did it in the past because what was impossible five years ago is now possible," said Dr. Benoit Vincent, TaylorMade's chief technical officer. "What we've learned through years of golf club innovation has helped us to understand how to design an iron that delivers a new level of performance versus what we could imagine five years ago." "The Burner's success in the marketplace confirms that this is no ordinary iron," said Harry Arnett, TaylorMade's senior category director of clubs and balls. "It's proof that we're much more than a metalwood company, and that we know how to make great irons, too. And more and more players are discovering that we also make the best wedges, putters and balls. Through the bag, nobody makes better-performing products than TaylorMade." * According to Golf Datatech dollar and unit share reports.

Im not surprised, I might be a little biased but it seems like everything they have made over the last few years has been awesome. Congrats.

Taylor made sure make some awesum clubs.
congrats

"Burner irons were developed differently than previous TaylorMade irons, with the long-irons, middle-irons and short-irons each created separately."

I may have to go back and re-read the reviews, but were the R9 irons made this way? If not and this was the concept that really made them number one, then why not?

Last edited:
The Burner's are the best irons I have ever owned!!!!!

"Burner irons were developed differently than previous TaylorMade irons, with the long-irons, middle-irons and short-irons each created separately."

I may have to go back and re-read the reviews, but were the R9 irons made this way. If not and this was the concept that really made them number one, then why not?

Im not positive but I think the R9's were made this way too.

Im not suprised one bit by this as I loved the Burner irons. Ive been so impressed by the latest TM clubs. They all have been excellent and hopefully since I sold my beloved Burners for R9's they live up to expectation!

Do I smell a THP / TM Performance Lab giveaway coming soon??? :clapp:

• Admin

Im not suprised one bit by this as I loved the Burner irons. Ive been so impressed by the latest TM clubs. They all have been excellent and hopefully since I sold my beloved Burners for R9's they live up to expectation!

Possibly, but not with this. We have something bigger with this. But stay tuned for later on in the month for something pretty special.

For the first time ever, a TaylorMade iron ranks No. 1 in sales in the United States, as the TaylorMade Burner became the top-selling iron model in June, according to Golf Datatech.*

No kidding? It surprises me that this is the first time ever. I figured it had already happened at some point.

I have to say quite a few guys at my club have switched to TaylorMade irons over the past couple of months. The CGB Max and Burner Irons are in a lot of guys bags nowadays. I am not very surprised by this announcement.

Out of curiosity who used to be No. 1?

Callaway was as of last year.

Nice try Kevin, lol. But, sounds like they have bigger fish in the kettle :banana: Not sure how anything could be bigger than a TM Performance lab when it comes to "Making Us Better Golfers"!

By the way, I still never got the answer to my question?

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats to TaylorMade! I am, and will remain, a TM junkie!!! Keep the great products coming!

I have people every week ask me if I work for Taylormade b/c my bag looks like it lol. I just tell them if I find a set of clubs that works as good for my game from driver on down then I'll switch but until then my bag is staying the same.

Back