Golf Pride Niion Grips Review - Forum Testing

Got my grips. I'm going to have them installed today and some live hitting tomorrow.

e4a6amab.jpg

Some awesome THP green right there!!!

Grips installed. They are green. I took some swings in the hitting bay. More thoughts to come.

udy4u9u2.jpg

Grips installed. They are green. I took some swings in the hitting bay. More thoughts to come.

udy4u9u2.jpg

Love that color. Interested to hear your thoughts blu

Easy8, I'm playing the 2Gs in all of my woods/hybrids so really looking forward to hearing your comparisons.

Nice grips I leaned towards them but ended up with the Winn duratech hybrid grips. I have had them for a few months and really enjoying them. I also remove glove for the 100 yrd and in shots and the feel with these is above expectations. Real nice. Love those nions though.
5a2a3yde.jpg
e6yne9un.jpg

Golf Pride Niion Testing
Previous Grip: Golf Pride Z Chord

Initial Thoughts: I was a little hesitant towards these grips. Coming from the Z Chords which are Golf Pride’s firmest grips, I was worried that the softer Niions would be squishy. They’re not. I only took about 5 swings with an 8 iron. Pleasantly, there isn’t any noticeable give in these grips during the swing.

I tend to be a bit aggressive in my transition, but I didn’t feel the grip bottom out like I can with softer wraps. Unfortunately, not every swing is perfect for me. I do mishit shots. Two of the five swings today were a little (ok very) thin. I didn’t feel the numbing sting like I do with the Z Chords. I used to think that the sting would be the feedback to tell me what I did wrong. Thankfully, the shock absorption from the Niions was enough to tell me where the contact was, but not hurt me.

I have been measured for a midsized grip. I went +3 wraps under the Z Chords to make up that difference. I have done the same with the Niions. That midsize feeling is still there, which is a good thing.

I still have some initial trepidation however. There is an alignment loop, for lack of a better word, on these grips. I fear I am going to see that and worry about my hand placement. I will keep an eye out for that as the testing progresses. Also, these grips are green. Very green. Very bright green. I plan to play 9 holes tomorrow and it should be sunny. I want to see how much brighter this green is going to get once in the sun. I’ve used Tour Velvets in the past and on muggy days the rubber started to really stick to my hands, to the point of being uncomfortable. I liked that the cords provided a lot of tackiness, without the sticky rubber. I am hoping that it is muggy enough tomorrow to give me some initial thoughts there. If not, I’m sure there will be more sticky days.
So far, I am excited to see how I like these grips.

I appreciate the opportunity from THP and Golf Pride.

It looks like all of the testers went logo up on these grips. Does any of the alignment loop (good phrase, blu) show up when the logo is down?

really like the look of these grips. Great job so far, guys.

It looks like all of the testers went logo up on these grips. Does any of the alignment loop (good phrase, blu) show up when the logo is down?

I am back at my office and don't have my clubs with me, give me some time and I will get a picture of the back of the grips.

I am back at my office and don't have my clubs with me, give me some time and I will get a picture of the back of the grips.

Do we really have to put up with delays like this in review threads? Honestly.

Do we really have to put up with delays like this in review threads? Honestly.

I'll bill you for my time. I round up to the next hour.

Best reverse pic I could get with the white ones:

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

I saw somebody mention that these reminded them of the VDR. Any other thoughts on that? I thought the VDR was great for about 3 months, but went downhill quickly.

Thanks, sparks.

It looks like GP really wants those to be logo up. They look a little awkward with the logo down, although your hands would cover that part of the loop when you're swinging.

Still, those would probably need to be used logo up.

I saw somebody mention that these reminded them of the VDR. Any other thoughts on that? I thought the VDR was great for about 3 months, but went downhill quickly.

Hawk I had the VDR on my old irons but they remained on my woods and wedges until this year (were on my wedges until I got these Niions actually). I really like the VDR's, didn't have a bad experience with them. That said, these Niions win so far. The Niions are softer but not too soft. Once the humidity and heat comes back then I can compare the tackiness to the VDR. I would be shocked, however, if these didn't hold up well with moisture. Will have to get back to you on durability.

The only thing I don't like? These are going to be SO HARD to keep clean.

Nice. Thanks man.

udy4u9u2.jpg

Those look sharp man! I think mine arrived today, can't wait to be home Wed to see what I got

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Those look sharp man! I think mine arrived today, can't wait to be home Wed to see what I got

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Me guesses yellow with blue accent!

Got mine installed today. They look great on my 3 woods. Not as much on my black shafted irons. But then, if I were buying these I would have gone with a different color combo for the irons.

9ktmyc.jpg

I'm about to take them out on the range (course is closed today). Initial thoughts: they aren't anywhere near as tackcy to me as the 2Gs. When I grip a 2G I really feel like I can swing it without a glove; that it will be secure with very little grip pressure. I personally don't feel like I can swing these without a glove without really squeezing it (though I will try a few on the range). Firmness wise they seem to be ever so slightly softer than the vast majority of the stock grip options that come on most clubs. But a little more firm than the 2Gs and, though it's been a while since I've hit any, a lot more firm than a lot of Winn's offerings.

About the 3D hexagonal design: the blue hexagons aren't raised but the neon green area is recessed. So to me that area doesn't really stand out as far as feel compared to the rest of the grip. I can tell the difference if I run my fingertip over it, but can't tell down in the base of my fingers where it will sit.

no6ohj.jpg

Off to the range. I'll add more later.

udy4u9u2.jpg

I must say that I'm jealous... Some beautiful THP Green right there!!!

I love these grips, today's 36 in the 102 degree heat and humidity reminded me just how much though. Going to keep a keen eye on this thread, can't wait to hear others long term thoughts.

I'm new to the forum, but I've been using NDMC for two years and want something that is perhaps a less harsh on the hands. Do u guys think this would be a good alternative?

I'm new to the forum, but I've been using NDMC for two years and want something that is perhaps a less harsh on the hands. Do u guys think this would be a good alternative?

So far, they seem like a softer grip. Easier on the hands.

Back