Srixon ZTX Forged Irons

I think another reason things always seem positive is because no manufacturer in their right mind is going to release a piece of junk club these days with the golf club market being so competitive. They invest lots of money into the designs and they won't release it unless it asks for good reviews, this club looks like a real winner.

Testing of these is nearing completion. These are a great players cavity.

Those are fantastic looking. They could've done without the center medallion-type thing but otherwise a great looking club.

Next week. Pictures were taken today and the testing is completed. Just have to put the article together.

Not sure how I missed these pics before...

I like 'em. Srixon knows how to make a pretty iron, that's for sure. Looking forward to the review.

These are in the bag for tomorrow's round. Then review should be up next week.

These kind of intrique me for some reason. Nice looking and Srixon's had a very good year it seem's. I've only even hit one of their balls and I found it.

Played these today for the 6th time. Simply love the feel of them.

I'm curious, what happens to all the equipment you use after you test it?

I'm curious, what happens to all the equipment you use after you test it?

One of three things.

1. It goes back to the company. Many times companies need equipment back to use for many reasons.

2. It gets given to charity. THP works with First Tee locally, and 3 other chapters, as well as many other charities (see our charity raffle) and donates many products mostly from shoot outs.

3. Used as contest prizes on the site. We have a new contest each week and many times it is for products we have used in testing or in photography.

These are in the bag for tomorrow's round. Then review should be up next week.

You obviously are constantly testing new iron sets on a weekly basis. Are all the sets you test standard length and lie? I also know that you've been through fitting sessions. Is standard length and lie what you "should" be using? I don't mean to get off topic but this is what got me thinking.

I figured most companies would want them back. It is great that some are donated to charity and contests. It is very generous.

You obviously are constantly testing new iron sets on a weekly basis. Are all the sets you test standard length and lie? I also know that you've been through fitting sessions. Is standard length and lie what you "should" be using? I don't mean to get off topic but this is what got me thinking.

I am normally standard or a half a degree flat after fitting in length and lie. But all sets are done to standard because most people buy off the rack without getting fitted despite what we believe.

I figured most companies would want them back. It is great that some are donated to charity and contests. It is very generous.

Most are actually donated or used for contests. We give away a WHOLE lot of stuff here.

That makes sense JB. If i would think before i posted you probably wouldn't have to answer my questions. Thanks though!

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

That makes sense JB. If i would think before i posted you probably wouldn't have to answer my questions. Thanks though!

Never a problem. That is what we are here for.

Back to these irons. They are truly great feeling. Obviously a lot more coming in the review.

Can't wait for the review...I have a set of these on order with KBS Tour's!

Played these again today and man are they soft. Very comparable in feel to the Nickent 4DX Pro that I simply loved earlier this year. Soft as can be.

Played these again today and man are they soft. Very comparable in feel to the Nickent 4DX Pro that I simply loved earlier this year. Soft as can be.

C'mon JB, you're killing me. Please post a full review! :clap:

It is going up this week. Promise.

JB, any comments on how these stack up to the 701 series?

Thanks!

I did not really care for the 701 series, so I would say that they stack up quite favorably. I found the 701 series nice to look at, but they were not as soft and did not give the performance that I was looking for or that our testers were looking for. These irons feel completely different.

For those that have asked over the last few days, this review will be up this coming week. Thanks and I hope you enjoy it.

Back