If it was someone I didn't know I would find it odd. My buddy and I use each others putters/wedges around the green if we get lazy or forget the club in the cart.

No issues here if it is one of my buddies but a stranger no thanks. Just personal preference

I don't mind letting friends hit my clubs. Pray for no sky balls though!!

Tappin my iPhone5

I don't mind it at all. When I was testing the R1 earlier this year, I was wanting people to test it out. I carried the wrench to adjust it to people's liking. But, it doesn't bother me.

It doesn't bother me at all, I'd never know anyone else's sky mark from my own.

Mine is open to anyone. In fact, if someone is eyeing a certain club in my bag I'll generally suggest they hit it.

Pretty much this for me.

I know what you mean, I don't make a ton of $$$ and my clubs are the most expensive thing I have bought myself in years. I clean them every week and have even been known to polish my driver. Call me crazy but its just the way I am.

That's not crazy, that's just appreciating your expensive toys. My clubs, my bass boat, and my useless lifted truck are never touched unless they are polished afterwards. I seriously polish EVERYTHING. I think it has to do with how you grew up as well.

To the original subject, I'll let anyone hit my clubs, I cringe sometimes when they want to hit my drive but honestly I'M the only one who's ever put a sky ball mark on any club of mine. I skied my Covert the day I bought it teeing it up where I always teed my 910D, small mark but still there.

It's a club, it gets swung at the ground at 100+ mph multiple times per round soooooo I just try to deal with it and keep them spotless otherwise lol.

I'm always willing to let a friend or another THPer hit my clubs. Although me being a lefty, few ever take that opportunity.

Being a lefty it is rare that I have anyone ask me. If a right handed player asks me to use it, I doubt I am letting them use it because they are probably screwing around. I also know that equipment for lefties in golf stores is usually relegated to a corner or one wall. So if I am playing with a lefty and they ask to try my clubs - by all means go for it - just put it back in my bag.:act-up:

But any lefty THPers asks me if they can try my clubs at a THP event - no brainer. Automatic yes.

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me at all. I have a friend that always uses my driver.(I should sell it to him) I don't mind one bit. Heck last Sunday Hawk and I shared his driver for the back 9. Duey let me roll his seemore last year and that's the reason I bought one. It's all good in my book.

Depends who. If I trust them, no problem, but if it's someone like JF who skies everything I always tell em, if you sky it you buy it! ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Not a problem for me. If someone puts a sky mark on my driver, it just gives me a good excuse to get a new one.

I know what you mean, I don't make a ton of $$$ and my clubs are the most expensive thing I have bought myself in years. I clean them every week and have even been known to polish my driver. Call me crazy but its just the way I am.

I was & still can be pretty ticky about my clubs. Big expense, yes. After going to THP INvitationals and being able to sample so many clubs from so many guys AND the ones THP travels with, I'm loosening up. Random guy asks... I'll struggle. THPer, no problem.

If it's biz, perhaps go with the loaner if they signed off/bought before the golf!

It depends on who it is, lol, I don't mind ruffling someone's feathers. I won't ask to hit someone else's clubs and I'll often decline if they offer to let me try them. That's just me though

I feel this way about this issue.

After the new wears off, I gladly let annoying hit my clubs. The see scuffs on the clubs as battle wounds. If I ever find that perfect feeling set, I swear I'll have them forever and they will look like crap, but that's okay. That how I like it.

I don't see any harm in denying someone, just be truthful with them, they will understand.

I share.

No one has ever asked me to try my clubs I guess. And people have offered to let me try their driver before, and I always ask what flex the shaft is. They always hit regular, and I always decline, because the last regular flex graphite shaft I had snapped during the down swing.

~Rock

Friends with game. Okay.
Friends with no game. No.
Strangers with or w/o game. No.

So long as it's a fun round and not in any way a competition, swing away.

I have no problems letting others use my equipment. I think the majority of golfers realize that if you break or ruin someone's equipment that it should be replaced/fixed by the person who broke or ruined it.

My friends and I always try out/share each other's clubs, it is one of the best ways to test clubs out on course.

If someone asks me to hit, I will say "please hit the face of the club"

Now if I offer it to someone saying hey try this and they damage it, that is on me

I once allowed a high school golfer, who I was told was a decent golfer, to use my driver for a State Championship practice round at the course I was working at. He was playing with his Dad, so I was confident it was in good hands. It came back to me with a sky mark on the top of it. Needless to say they were apologetic about it, but that was the last time I have done that.
Would I let me fellow friends or THP'ers to hit my driver, yes...but I don't have a problem telling my buddies to tee it a little lower if I know their swing. I'm a bit picky though, and that sky mark REALLY bugged me the rest of the time I had it. I don't own that driver anymore, so it's all good now...but still. Just my take.

While they are in "as new" condition, only a select few to show them off, once they're in more "used" condition (due to me using/abusing) absolutely fair game to any playing partner and will offer out.
But I have to have made the first sky, scuff, nick, or caused the wear.

Back