DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you want to play? Name the course. I'm open all weekend.

Im pretty open. Justed talked to Eddie, he can play tomorrow afternoon or anytime Sunday. I cant play tomorrow afternoon. Is anyone else wanting to play this weekend?

Im pretty open. Justed talked to Eddie, he can play tomorrow afternoon or anytime Sunday. I cant play tomorrow afternoon. Is anyone else wanting to play this weekend?

Let's play Sunday, seems to work for both of y'all.

I'm out for the weekend gents. Came back from my vacation and caught a cold. I did try and go to the range last night and see if I could swing a club, but I just don't have my energy back. Maybe next weekend. Wife will be out of town, so I will be free to play.

I'm out for the weekend gents. Came back from my vacation and caught a cold. I did try and go to the range last night and see if I could swing a club, but I just don't have my energy back. Maybe next weekend. Wife will be out of town, so I will be free to play.

Next Sunday? I've got a seminar all day Saturday.

Thats possible. Ill check my schedule

I wound up walking onto the Old Brickyard this morning in Ferris & played with some pretty good guys but nothing like playing with THPers.

Last edited:
Just curious if any of you guys would recommend a good facility for a proper driver fitting? I don't want to do anything like golfsmith...I find their launch monitors completely inaccurate (although I realize a LM is helpful for angle/speed/spin numbers). I'd rather be outside on a range and prefer a fitter to not be manufacturer-biased, i.e. I want to hit several different head/shaft combos and have the fitter tell me which ones performed the best and it not necessarily be the one he gets paid the most to sell. You guys have any recommendations around here? I don't even know where to start!

Just curious if any of you guys would recommend a good facility for a proper driver fitting? I don't want to do anything like golfsmith...I find their launch monitors completely inaccurate (although I realize a LM is helpful for angle/speed/spin numbers). I'd rather be outside on a range and prefer a fitter to not be manufacturer-biased, i.e. I want to hit several different head/shaft combos and have the fitter tell me which ones performed the best and it not necessarily be the one he gets paid the most to sell. You guys have any recommendations around here? I don't even know where to start!

I recently went out to Cool Clubs in Castle Hills and had a very comprehensive fitting. Really opened my eyes to what I need to be playing. Some toys are being worked up right now.

Afwcardinal can recommend a place that is good, I forgot the name right now but he ahould be in here soon

On the Fort Worth side of the metroplex, I recommend Leonard Golf Links. They are a Top 100 facility. Another good outdoor spot is McLean Golf Academy, next to Waterchase.

Afwcardinal can recommend a place that is good, I forgot the name right now but he ahould be in here soon

I think that was Art Salinger's place up around Keller, Grapevine area. I don't know the name of it. But, they probably have more custom shaft options, in stock, than anyone else.

McLean is probably closest to me. Is there anyone you guys reccommend there in particular? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

McLean is probably closest to me. Is there anyone you guys reccommend there in particular? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey kiteman. I used to take lessons at McCleans, and they have some very good people there. I believe they would be very good. But all the places these guys have said would be good. Leonards is just west of Ft. Worth and the folks out there were not bad. Got to watch them do a fitting in capt.dru. Was not the kind of fitting I was looking for, so I personally went elsewhere. But they hooked him up with something that fit him well and in his price range. I have been fitted twice this year for different clubs. Golf Galaxy in Grapevine did my iron fitting. They actually did a great job. The reason I know this is because I did a wedge fitting at Sellinger's Power Golf in Roanoke, and had them check my irons first, for proper fit, before we started on my wedge fitting. I now have custom fit irons and wedges, and my game has never been better.

Anybody going to play this weekend?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Thinking about it. But need to see when my wife is getting back into town. It is supposed to be late Sunday. I do want to, but can't commit yet.

Just let me know guys.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Are you in town this weekend? Or anytime soon? Haven't seen you in a while. Thought I saw you at willow yesterday , but then I saw the guy swing and knew that couldn't be you.
Was not me. I'm in south Texas with very limited access to the internet On a location at an exotic game ranch. Been here for 8 days now and I'm not sure when I'm coming home yet. Hope to by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back