Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Fairway Wood Review Thread

I found this club to be exactly what I thought. Longer from everywhere! But I cannot get over the sound and I just don't think the stock shaft works for me. So up in the marketplace it goes. Someone else can appreciate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My problem with the 3 Deep is comical. It does Exactly what it's advertised to do. I had a rep reccomend it to me because I wanted a solid fairway wood to hit off the deck. I was told it has a draw bias. IT does help with my "power fade" a bunch, even if it still does squirt right from time to time.

It feels just like the old Warbird, and hits just so smoothly. I'm coming down with the same issue as a lot of people. I'm just not 100% sure on my need for a driver now. The utility of the club is pretty outstanding, and I've felt like it meets a bunch of my needs.

...after reading this thread - i'm thinking this 3Deep is the right option for me. I rarely use a driver as my current 3 is about the same and I'm very comfortable with it on the tee (and probably not so much on the deck - so good excuse to look at some 16 degree hybrids ;) )

maybe have to run out to demo night today and see if they have one

I got to use the 3Deep twice in league yesterday.

Once on a Par 5. I don't typically do this, but I really wanted to get some reps in and see if this club will stick. I had about 280 left to the flag and this hole goes uphill. Pulled the 3 deep, caught it flush and hit a nice low-mid fade and had about 50yds to the flag left. I really loved the ballflight on this shot.

Next was on the tee box of a short par 4. The hole only plays about 320-340yds on a given day. Man I scorched the ball. It just leaked a little too much right and the entire fairway moves left to right. Had about 70yds left to the flag and nocked my wedge about 15-20ft out.

I'm hitting this club well off the tee box and the turf. When you're really focused on your game and swing, this thing is pretty easy to hit out of the fairway.

Picked this up this morning based on this thread. Have used it on my first 12 driving holes today - one word: GIDDY!!!!

Another day using the 3deep as my driver, and I'm starting to feel more like Mickelson with every swing. Mishit one drive, and everything else was beautiful... Worked it right, left, high, low, you name it, I could hit it today. Probably averaged around 250 off the tee too.

I finished my round 12/14 with the 3 Deep, it's shorter then my best struck drives by only 5 to 7 yards but generally longer overall when factoring mishits into play. The launch is so much lower that my drives just run out and it's so much easier to control and keep in the fairway.

Definitely excited to get this back into play again on Sunday and see if the honeymoon continues.

I'm hitting this club well off the tee box and the turf. When you're really focused on your game and swing, this thing is pretty easy to hit out of the fairway.

It ain't a bad club. I've been pretty happy with mine, my driver doesn't come out as much as it used to.

I'm looking to get one of these and put a Black Tie or Speeder in it...does anyone know ifit is a .335 tip or .350?

I'm looking to get one of these and put a Black Tie or Speeder in it...does anyone know ifit is a .335 tip or .350?

Pretty sure it is .335. Someone else may want to confirm that though.

I want to say Callaway's entire driver and fw line this year was .335

Took a trip down the PGASS last night and they had one left in stock (13) - hit a few times and it felt great so I decided; what the heck for the price. (if not, my old man is interested in trying it out). Went to the range but I was fairly exhausted from the week. So I took just a few hits as I tend to hit em fat when tired (well high on the face here)/inside but a couple connected great and that thing is a rocket. Definitely longer than my current 3wood but this club does have some weight to it. I did notice the leak to the right on a few hits. I'm really looking forward to getting some more time on it and putting it into play. I love the roll out it but no clue on the distance (Between practice tees forward and range balls)

Does anyone know how long this plays?

Does anyone know how long this plays?
That's going to vary depending on swing speed and each person's swing. There is a chart published at touredgeexotics web site (see the page for their most recent 3w) that show launch monitor numbers for multiple 3woods at 107mph SS. You could use that as a baseline.

No sorry I meant length wise. Like 43"?

Ha! That certainly makes a lot more sense :)

I'm leaving my driver in the bag more & more, I hit it maybe twice today. The 3Deep is just doing it for me right now.
I was able to stay up with my playing partners hitting driver.

Dear anyone and everyone,

Go to shop.callawaygolf.com right now and order a 3Deep. Using the codes Ny25off13 and Freeship12 you can get it shipped to your door for $145. Mine will hopefully be arriving next week.

Go to shop.callawaygolf.com right now and order a 3Deep. Using the codes Ny25off13 and Freeship12 you can get it shipped to your door for $145. Mine will hopefully be arriving next week.

That's awesome. Thanks.

Holy hell I wish I had some spare cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

And... I might just be pulling the trigger. Thanks bud!

Freeship12 didn't work for me, but the Ny25off13 did.

Back