Why are you always trying to stir the pot with this? You posted a terrible youtube video that is not news nor a source of credible information. You made a point about RAM and then in your rebuttal you not only change the subject completely but you use vague language to make a completely different point that is hard to follow.

From what I gather you are trying to say is that Xbox is an all inclusive entertainment system and that Sony is trying to catch up? If this is what you are saying I will have to disagree, I will concede that overall and for the majority of the systems life Live has been a better service but at this point its negligible at best. They both offer services such as Netflix and Hulu, I forget if Live offers a music service but I know Sony does. If accessories like kinect are what you are driving at Xbox One would be blowing PS4 out of the water because it comes standard with motion controls. Believe it or not gamers are still going to make a majority of purchases, the main demographic is still young males who want to play sports games, car games and shoot stuff. This is a far cry from dancing zumba in the living room.

I've already made a point in earlier posts that the systems will most likely be close in terms of graphics, they are pretty close in terms of specs to begin with so it won't really change. The only major difference will be in the systems OS and services, which in my opinion at this stage in the game, are fairly equal and from the sounds of it on next gen will be similar. You make it seem like Sony is so far behind or hasn't done anything right. The PS2 still has or had games being released for it, I believe this years or last years FIFA was the last title. The original PS3 was actually a killer system but people weren't ready for its price point in a game console. The thing literally had a PS1/2 inside it, not an emulator, it also had one of the better if not best Blu Ray player available at the time when stand alone units cost more than the console. Sure there were short comings to the system but Xbox had them as well. HD DVD, RROD are just a few, I know I personally went through five Xbox's.

If you want to know true differences in system architecture, then you have to go onto forums where developers post like this:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=63474

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=62867

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=62936

So far from what I have been able to take away is:

The Xbox One has 32MB of ESRAM which is 4.5X times faster and can be used as both cache or scratchpad and has a theoretical bandwidth of 192GB/s by itself. The featureset of both APUS is identical in that they use the same CPUs and the same family of GPU.

There is nothing that you have seen on PS4 that is not possible on XB1. However, if you include the control factors of Kinect there are plenty of scenarios which are not possible on PS4 because the supporting hardware isn't there (Never mind the SHAPE audio chip).

Wow, okay I'll just not post anything then. There was outrage over rumors of the ps4s ram, i posted a video explaining it. (one that supports sony's decision.) and I get attack.

Bye.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Guys, it's the freaking video game thread on a GOLF forum. Let's just take a deep breath, shall we?

Wow, okay I'll just not post anything then. There was outrage over rumors of the ps4s ram, i posted a video explaining it. (one that supports sony's decision.) and I get attack.

Bye.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Dude, nobody attacked you. Just gotta watch your sources on this stuff as a lot of they information out there is heavily slanted one way or another.

The gamers throwin down! Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Guys, it's the freaking video game thread on a GOLF forum. Let's just take a deep breath, shall we?

Then don't have a video game thread if you don't want people to talk about video games, there was not malice or attack in my response. I don't like when people post bad information whether it was video game, golf or whatever related. If I posted some BS stuff about some golf company on here I can imagine how it would end. Certainly was not my intention to attack anyone, if Rhyno felt that way I apologize.

Dude, nobody attacked you. Just gotta watch your sources on this stuff as a lot of they information out there is heavily slanted one way or another.

I agree with you on this.

The gamers throwin down! Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

LOL no one is throwing down, all I wanted was a legitimate discussion on a topic that has been in gaming news lately, in a thread dedicated to gaming. I wasn't bashing one console or another at any point. I've said that I think they both have pros and cons and I would probably own both at some point. I've been gaming for a long ​time.

In other news.

Both consoles will be out in the fall. It'll be an exciting time around here

Just cancelled my xb1 preorder. I'm going to miss the Forza series but just too many of my battlefield friends are moving over to ps4 and based on polls over at pastapadre, ps4 is going to be the sports gaming console of choice.

I'm waiting to really see which way will be better for me. I have a 360, but I hardly ever use it anymore. I use to game a lot with some guys I know on Twitter. Played a lot of BF3, just wasn't very good usually. I'd say I'm a 15 hdcp using golf lingo. lol

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think I need to bust out The Last of Us again tonight, it's time. Love that game SO much.

I fired up Skyrim again

Wish I could swap my 360 for a ps3 so I could get familiar with the Sony ecosystem

Debating even getting a console or just gaming on my college laptop that I will be getting next year...

I can't play anything but sports games. My favorites are NCAA Football and TigerWoods Golf.

I can't play anything but sports games. My favorites are NCAA Football and TigerWoods Golf.
Why not? Some games like AC, Bioshock, and the Last of Us provide movie worthy story lines along with casual button mashing and even historical info.

Why not? Some games like AC, Bioshock, and the Last of Us provide movie worthy story lines along with casual button mashing and even historical info.

I used to be an all-sports gamer, but played Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption awhile back and now I'm all about the story line games. Trying to get my hands on Last of Us soon. Heard nothing but great things about it.

I need to get NCAA, but I fear it's just the same as years past. Gets boring too quick.

You can borrow mine if you want.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nah - I mean, I owned a PS3 up until a few months ago when I sold it so I am somewhat familiar - I just never had a PS+ account or used their marketplace at all

Xbox 360 traded for ps3 slim. Setting up my stuff now. PSN: jlukes7

I need to get NCAA, but I fear it's just the same as years past. Gets boring too quick.

welcome to the sports gaming genre. Only game that hasnt bored me too quickly was FIFA and even then that's not always about the better play but who catches the breaks.

If I weren't saving up for a new car I would have pre-orded my PS4 by now

I have no idea if I should get an Xbox One or a PS4 when they are released and I'm such a lousy gamer that it probably won't matter to me. I've been an Xbox guy up until now but I think it's crap that I have to pay for LIVE.

What are most THP'ers on?

Paying for Live which IMO is better vs paying for PSN... hmmmmm

Its got the Madden collision physics in it this year, nice upgrade, I've had a lot of fun with it.

We could play OU vs Auburn and pretend our teams are worth a shat.

I have felt the same way about previous games. I might get Madden this year because of Buffalo getting Manuel. I just don't have as much interest in both of those franchises anymore. Game takes FOREVER to load between modes/screens because EA won't install any game data on the system to make it quicker/easier than pulling it off the disc all the time.

I have felt the same way about previous games. I might get Madden this year because of Buffalo getting Manuel. I just don't have as much interest in both of those franchises anymore. Game takes FOREVER to load between modes/screens because EA won't install any game data on the system to make it quicker/easier than pulling it off the disc all the time.

You must be a PS3'er?

Back