Des Moines Outing in October

Well, since again, there's no need for a bar in the hotel, we obviously know that hotels in Ankeny, or Marshalltown, can be found for cheap. But honestly, and Iowa residents will know why, I don't think we should stay in a cheap hotel in Marshalltown. If were going cheap, we just as well stay in Ankeny since it's only a few minutes further away than Marshalltown. Has anyone checked the Iowa State University football schedule, is it a home game that weekend for them?

Or we could just pull a college road trip mentality, put 6-8 people in a room. That'd be cheap, uncomfortable, and probably full of unpleasant odors.

~Rock

Just bring some tents and rough it. Boom!

Well, since again, there's no need for a bar in the hotel, we obviously know that hotels in Ankeny, or Marshalltown, can be found for cheap. But honestly, and Iowa residents will know why, I don't think we should stay in a cheap hotel in Marshalltown. If were going cheap, we just as well stay in Ankeny since it's only a few minutes further away than Marshalltown. Has anyone checked the Iowa State University football schedule, is it a home game that weekend for them?

~Rock

I believe they play Texas on Thursday

I like the villa idea a lot, but they are just too expensive. I don't care where we stay as long as it's cheap.

Real beer then for the stakes. :act-up:

Or something else to put a bit more pressure on?:confused2:

You'll have to give me some strokes if I'm going to partake in any challenges or bets.

I'm sure the harvester won't mind if we just set up a little circle of tents off the side of the practice green, who is bringing the marshmallows?

~Rock

Texas/OU weekend here in Dallas my friend.......and with that, I'm out.

So I am hoping JakeNation got the wife approval. He was awesome to talk to leading up to the MC last year in Iowa, although he made me put my tee shot in the water hehe

Check Clive/Urbandale area for hotels. There's plenty right off the interstate for all the weary travelers passing through. My fam usually stay at one when visiting and cost ~ $60 with pretty decent accomidations. It would be about a 40min drive out to the course. At least you won't be staying in the middle of nowhere! That's how horror movies start.

Do you think they would mind if we sat up tents on the practice range? Ill bring the firewood for a campfire! And of course the other camping essentials. Like beer.

Check Clive/Urbandale area for hotels. There's plenty right off the interstate for all the weary travelers passing through. My fam usually stay at one when visiting and cost ~ $60 with pretty decent accomidations. It would be about a 40min drive out to the course. At least you won't be staying in the middle of nowhere! That's how horror movies start.

Does this mean you arent coming?

Man I wish I wasn't going to Nashville the weekend before or I would be all over this.

Man I wish I wasn't going to Nashville the weekend before or I would be all over this.

You can do it! Think positive!

~Rock

So tell me bulldog, what was your life like even before automobiles?

:act-up:

Man, I rmember when dirt was clear :D

tappin from my big as note2

Does this mean you arent coming?

Hmm, I don't know. It's about 40 miles from my house. Like due, it's a long trip. I'll try to make it happen though.

Hmm, I don't know. It's about 40 miles from my house. Like due, it's a long trip. I'll try to make it happen though.

hahaha oh I didnt realize it was so close. You do not need a hotel hehe

I just realized that this event falls right at the start of bow hunting season...I may show up in some camo, il probably spend alot of time in the woods searching for my ball anyway!

Just put a tracer nock on the ball :p

tappin from my big as note2

I just realized that this event falls right at the start of bow hunting season...I may show up in some camo, il probably spend alot of time in the woods searching for my ball anyway!

BILL-MURRAY-PEBBLE-BEACH.jpg

If Bill can do it at pebble beach, i'm sure you can do it at the Harvester.

~Rock

Back