Things That Irritate You On the Course?

People who play likes its a track meet. I rush all week at work, take it easy bro.

Cigarrette butts on the green. seriously WTH. i hate people that just flick it onto the green and walk away.

Yes! One of most egregious examples in today's world of people demonstrating that they care only about themselves and hove no respect for fellow human beings or other people's property. Ranks right up there with leaving all your weights on the bar at the gym instead of re-racking them.

Another thing that bugs me is people in your foursome moving around on the green in your filed of vision when you are in the act of putting or chipping. I'm not talking about movement in back of you that you can't see, or movement during practice strokes. I mean when they clearly in your peripheral vision and are moving when you are in the midst of your stroke.

Does this bother anyone else? Is it too picky to be irritated at this, or should this just be considered basic etiquette?

I have a new one after today:

People who complain about everything and anything on the course. Complaining just to complain during a round of golf. Combine that into the same guy who curses after every bad shot, even though he's a high 80's golfer and you've got a recipe for an irritating round.

I had to tell one of my regular playing partners that if he doesn't calm down and relax on the course that I will no longer play golf with him. I go to the course to get away from the stress of the job, the wife and 3 teenage children. Your attitude on the course effects everyone around you, and I will not allow you to ruin my day on the course or embarrass me by yelling obscenities every 10 minutes on the course.

Another thing that bugs me is people in your foursome moving around on the green in your filed of vision when you are in the act of putting or chipping. I'm not talking about movement in back of you that you can't see, or movement during practice strokes. I mean when they clearly in your peripheral vision and are moving when you are in the midst of your stroke.

Does this bother anyone else? Is it too picky to be irritated at this, or should this just be considered basic etiquette?

I have a guy at work that's like that, but it has never bothered me as long as they're not close enough to make me wonder if I'm going to hit them. I respect that's the way he needs it to play, although usually I tend to believe it's just an excuse. I don't want him to have any excuse to why I beat him, so I make it a point to be very still when he's taking a shot.

Same thing with the noise mentioned earlier, velcro or people pulling clubs. Never bothered me a bit. I guess being retired Army Artillery has made me immune to noise anyway.

Wild monkeys (yes there are many of them) that ran away with the more costly balls.

Last edited:
just realized to day it's someone other than me "talking to my ball"

Cigarrette butts on the green. seriously WTH. i hate people that just flick it onto the green and walk away.

My course isn't butts, but sunflower seed shells! There has to be a member or members that go through them, because they're always on the greens! Hmmmm, I wonder if it's a member of the groundscrew. Now that has me thinking.

This has to be my biggest pet peeve! There is nothing worse than setting up to hit your shot and having your heel or toe lower than the rest of your foot. I hate searching for a level spot to hit my shot.

My course is terrible. Not 1 level box, and most are just dirt with patches of crab grass. Just terrible. I bet there are times when I tee off with the ball up to 3 inches above my feet b/c it's the only place I'm not standing in a huge divot.

Another irritation is when I'm still 30+ yards from the green, and am stopping to get ready and hit but the guys I'm playing with don't stop but walk up to the green to eye their putt! Seriously, when I'm ready to hit and a guy is standing on the green near the pin, it throws me off.

Wild monkeys (yes there are many of them) that ran away with the more costly balls.

I'm sorry, this made me laugh. I'm sure it's actually a problem in Malaysia, but here in Ottawa, the only monkeys we see are if we drive 5hrs to the Toronto Zoo! I have had seagulls grab my ball repeatedly, so I can empathize, but it's still funny to me, sorry :(. And I've had wild turkeys investigate my ball, but that's about it. I would actually pay good money to play a course with wild monkeys on it! Though I'd try really hard to avoid going in the trees lol, that would be a major irritation!

I have a new one after today:

People who complain about everything and anything on the course. Complaining just to complain during a round of golf. Combine that into the same guy who curses after every bad shot, even though he's a high 80's golfer and you've got a recipe for an irritating round.

I had to tell one of my regular playing partners that if he doesn't calm down and relax on the course that I will no longer play golf with him. I go to the course to get away from the stress of the job, the wife and 3 teenage children. Your attitude on the course effects everyone around you, and I will not allow you to ruin my day on the course or embarrass me by yelling obscenities every 10 minutes on the course.

Oh man I hear this one. There is nothing worse than a guy who always shoots 90-95 bitching and moaning his whole way around the golf course and then at the end: "I shot an 89!" I can only play with this guy once every few weeks or I start to go crazy. Yes, you missed a 4' putt for par: good thing you're not Tiger.

People who complain...but that annoys me anywhere. I could care less if you never say a word, or never shut up. Just no complaining.

People who complain...but that annoys me anywhere. I could care less if you never say a word, or never shut up. Just no complaining.

You'd be amused by a guy I played most of yesterday's round with then. He never stopped talking the entire time (though did stop while I hit, which is better than many people I know), but most of the time he was complaining about people who never stop talking or are excessively loud. And I bet people halfway across the course could understand every word he said lol.

After today I am not a fan of people who think they need to set up the pin positions ridiculously for the Club Championship. We were playing after the last group, and every pin position was within fifteen feet of the edge of the green. Often less than three paces from the edge. Often on the edge of a ridge, or in a spot where actually landing on the middle of the green left you two options: hole a long putt, or putt off the green. EVERY pin. There was no "birdie" hole like even the US Open has on a Sunday, it was like some dude who hates golfers placed them all.

I wouldn't have minded too much, but when you add in 95 degree weather, humidity, and 25+ mph winds, well, it just seemed stupid.

We all shot right around each others score like we usually do, with nobody getting blown-out, but all of our scores were ten strokes higher than our usual golf-league scores there.

I will know better next year.

After today I am not a fan of people who think they need to set up the pin positions ridiculously for the Club Championship. We were playing after the last group, and every pin position was within fifteen feet of the edge of the green. Often less than three paces from the edge. Often on the edge of a ridge, or in a spot where actually landing on the middle of the green left you two options: hole a long putt, or putt off the green. EVERY pin. There was no "birdie" hole like even the US Open has on a Sunday, it was like some dude who hates golfers placed them all.

I wouldn't have minded too much, but when you add in 95 degree weather, humidity, and 25+ mph winds, well, it just seemed stupid.

We all shot right around each others score like we usually do, with nobody getting blown-out, but all of our scores were ten strokes higher than our usual golf-league scores there.

I will know better next year.

Agreed had this happen to me a couple weeks back and it was a brutal round.

I'm sure this has come up multiple times. People who don't let faster players through

After today, having golf balls flying past you from every angle. I just want to play golf, I don't want to die.

After today, having golf balls flying past you from every angle. I just want to play golf, I don't want to die.

Sounds like u got icejacked

I didn't read the whole thread but golfers and courses not cleaning the tee boxes of theirs or old tees. Drives me nuts for some stupid reason.

I didn't read the whole thread but golfers and courses not cleaning the tee boxes of theirs or old tees. Drives me nuts for some stupid reason.

We have a guy that's unemployed and has to pretty much find tees and balls to continue to play. Luckily, my course is the same way and we find a tee or two on every box that we give to him. Add in that our group typically plays from two different tee boxes and I bet he has hundreds of tees in the bag. And the rough is pretty thick at our course, so we're constantly finding balls that were abandoned since we play later in the day. I bet he hasn't spent a dime playing golf in 6 months.

We have a guy that's unemployed and has to pretty much find tees and balls to continue to play. Luckily, my course is the same way and we find a tee or two on every box that we give to him. Add in that our group typically plays from two different tee boxes and I bet he has hundreds of tees in the bag. And the rough is pretty thick at our course, so we're constantly finding balls that were abandoned since we play later in the day. I bet he hasn't spent a dime playing golf in 6 months.

That is awesome of you and others to help the guy out while he is down. Hopefully he remembers it when he gets back on your feet.

Tee'd off this morning at 6:24 am. As my foursome was leaving the fifth green, a lady that normally works in the club house come to us on a cart and says to us:
"you guys are my first group out and you're a bit off pace. Its wide open in front of you and packed behind you. Can you pick up the pace?"

Normally I would not mind, but I looked at my phone when she said this and it was 7:32. On my home course there is a big sign that says "you should be at this point in one hour and ten minutes!" I guess they had a course championship going on later today and they were in a hurry to get people out of the way. Now that I wouldn't mind either if we were off pace and if they weren't teeing off foursomes every five minutes. As I was leaving hole 1(long par 4) one foursome waiting for approach shots, another half way down the fairway and another about ready to tee off. Think I need to stay away on these kind of days lol

Sent from my RM-877 using Tapatalk

Stop complaining. hehehe

My buddy I golf with never shuts up and is constantly talking in my back swing and driving the card around in the middle of my swing.

Back