Puma Faas Lite Mesh Golf Shoes

dunno why i didn't update this thread...

5Cj03_GhBdKCAp5gSqvsVhAI9tA75ac-6WRV5Tr7geU=w697-h391-p-no

i bought these the week prior to the Morgan Cup and debuted them down in Myrtle Beach in multiple practice rounds as well as a few competition rounds.
the most comfortable golf shoe ever. it's like walking on a cloud. so, so perfect for hot days on nice courses. and never slipped once.
they are fantastic. i recommend that everyone try them...but just beware that they're not meant for all courses and conditions.
what's nice those is, is that they are so light and flexible...if you're not sure about the course or the weather, just throw them in your bag and throw them on 2 holes in if you have to!

an amazing take on the golf shoe! no more clunky, heavy cleats. no grass or dirt or sand clogging up the bottom. they fit true to size and their lite mesh lets your feet breathe so easily.
i do have one CON though, is that they dig into the back of your Achilles a little. so where higher socks or bring tape!

Looks like PUMA has hit a homerun with these guys

Looks like PUMA has hit a homerun with these guys

if it was socially acceptable, i'd wear them all day, everywhere.

dunno why i didn't update this thread...

5Cj03_GhBdKCAp5gSqvsVhAI9tA75ac-6WRV5Tr7geU=w697-h391-p-no

i bought these the week prior to the Morgan Cup and debuted them down in Myrtle Beach in multiple practice rounds as well as a few competition rounds.
the most comfortable golf shoe ever. it's like walking on a cloud. so, so perfect for hot days on nice courses. and never slipped once.
they are fantastic. i recommend that everyone try them...but just beware that they're not meant for all courses and conditions.
what's nice those is, is that they are so light and flexible...if you're not sure about the course or the weather, just throw them in your bag and throw them on 2 holes in if you have to!

an amazing take on the golf shoe! no more clunky, heavy cleats. no grass or dirt or sand clogging up the bottom. they fit true to size and their lite mesh lets your feet breathe so easily.
i do have one CON though, is that they dig into the back of your Achilles a little. so where higher socks or bring tape!
They fit so well during our Wednesday practice round you didn't even have to tie them!!!

These are by far my favorite shoes. As long as it is dry, I will only wear these. Outstanding shoe by Puma.

Buffs99

Picked up my pair today. Will play them tomorrow. I wore them around the house for a bit today and after a little while I forgot they were on.

I got the Faas Lite Mesh in white as well. I walk pretty much every round. Walked in these the first time I played in them. Obviously, they're super light, very breathable and pretty comfortable. My feet were hurting by the end of the round, though. Not sure if it's one of those deals where the more you walk in them the more you get used to it, or if it's just a drawback to how light they are. They probably just don't have the cushioning that other shoes do in order to stay that light. I really like them and if I'm playing hot rounds in a cart, there's no doubt what shoe I'll be wearing. I love the looks, too. Got some compliments at the course. For walking rounds right now, though, I may keep my Crossflexes as the first option. I'm sure I'll give these another shot at walking too, though.

I took my "TyNo encouraged" white/black Faas Lite mesh shoes out for the first run on course tonight.

Out of the package, it's pretty obvious they were for a minimalist concept to really limit the weight associated with the shoe. As compared to their other shoe offerings, even the laces are quite thin. A nice feature was the addition of white and black laces, and as I wear more colours than black, I went for the white laces and tightened them for the drive over to the course.

As a standard running shoe, I was pretty impressed. Plenty of breathing room, maybe a little less snug in the toe section which kind of surprised me, and relatively high in the backing of the shoe (fair warned by Josh this past weekend, thanks!! -- Wore socks to combat that). In terms of functionality, dare I agree this is the biggest asset of the shoe. I can throw them on, drive over to the course, play, and then drive to dinner or home without worrying about changing shoes.

The walk to the tee was the first bit of disappointment. I guess I make contact heel first quite a bit, and the limited padding back there definitely took a toll early. With the pavement to the proshop and then to the first hole (the equivalent to the length of a par five I suppose) I definitely noted some irritation on my heels. Still though, LIGHT.

On course, it wasn't nearly as bad being on the grass, but again, having played in very comfortable padded shoes for such a long time, I prefer quite a bit more out of the padding. When swinging, I also noticed that the limited siding makes my foot feel a bit unstable when the weight is off the base of the shoe, especially in the follow through on the front front. Again, for a minimalist golf shoe, I suppose expectations should not be a premium on stability and padded comfort, just a couple things to get used to.

They sure do look good. I am sure I'll get used to the rest as I continue wearing them.

Dan I'm with you on a some things.

1 - the Achilles cup killed me at the MC. Taller socks are needed. Sounds like you were ready for that.
2 - the unstable feeling due to the thin and light sides of the shoe. I didn't feel like my foot was out of control, but it's certainly a different feel coming from my other shoes. Again like you mentioned it's more of a minimalist design.

How did you like the traction? I thought the traction when down in MB was sub par. It's been a little better the more I wear them, but overall I think the traction is average at best. They do look good, and they are comfortable, minus the heel cup.

Talking to the puma rep at the MC, she was telling me that she wears hers more for running than anything else.

1 - the Achilles cup killed me at the MC. Taller socks are needed. Sounds like you were ready for that.
2 - the unstable feeling due to the thin and light sides of the shoe. I didn't feel like my foot was out of control, but it's certainly a different feel coming from my other shoes. Again like you mentioned it's more of a minimalist design.

How did you like the traction? I thought the traction when down in MB was sub par. It's been a little better the more I wear them, but overall I think the traction is average at best. They do look good, and they are comfortable, minus the heel cup.

Talking to the puma rep at the MC, she was telling me that she wears hers more for running than anything else.

i think the traction is just fine in mine... it is a little weird feeling your foot curve more with the way that they bend so easily but i can't think of any issues with these slipping so far. i'm really torn on if i want to buy the orange ones.

Traction wasn't an issue, but I rarely, rarely slip in golf shoes, and often go out with them untucked to work on my stability on swings. That said, it 100% wasn't an issue, although that could be a different story in greater humidity or earlier in the morning with dew on the ground. Being that they are the mesh versions, I am very unlikely to wear them in wetter conditions.

Anyone have any good ideas for cleaning up the mesh on these? I walked 18 holes in these shoes on Tuesday and there were parts of the course that were pretty wet, and after the shoes dried, now it looks like the mesh parts have picked up some mud.

Anyone have any good ideas for cleaning up the mesh on these? I walked 18 holes in these shoes on Tuesday and there were parts of the course that were pretty wet, and after the shoes dried, now it looks like the mesh parts have picked up some mud.

I sprayed shout on mine and let it sit and then scrubbed them with a damp tooth brush. Cleaned up real nice.

What colour did you get Ary?

I've got the white ones and it's something I worry about quite a bit, having owned some softer fabric shoes before and watching them get stained by water/dirt. So far, I've only used them in dry conditions.

I sprayed shout on mine and let it sit and then scrubbed them with a damp tooth brush. Cleaned up real nice.

I'll have to try that, thanks for the tip!

What colour did you get Ary?

I've got the white ones and it's something I worry about quite a bit, having owned some softer fabric shoes before and watching them get stained by water/dirt. So far, I've only used them in dry conditions.

I got the white ones. I've figured out that they aren't good for my early morning "dewsweeper" rounds, they just let too much moisture in through the mesh. Late morning and afternoon rounds are fine, and they are my go-to shoe for the range.

I got the white ones. I've figured out that they aren't good for my early morning "dewsweeper" rounds, they just let too much moisture in through the mesh. Late morning and afternoon rounds are fine, and they are my go-to shoe for the range.

I bought them for the purpose of walking 9 in the evenings. I am actually surprised how well they perform untied.

Also, I am not terribly impressed with the heel protection, but for a minimalist shoe, it makes sense. I'm pondering buying some padded inserts to see if that improves.

I took my "TyNo encouraged" white/black Faas Lite mesh shoes out for the first run on course tonight.

YUSSSS!!!!

ideal running shoes for getting away from bullfrog :alien:

you sir, are a genius.
i need to clean mine up ASAP.

one thing i noticed immediately is how they dig (hard) into the back.

i was unprepared sock-wise in my first outing with them (Tuesday practice at MC) and actually had to put athletic tape on my Achilles to combat the digging.

i've worn them in every round since. love them!

yeahhhhhh buddy!

20130817_173016.jpg

I bought them for the purpose of walking 9 in the evenings. I am actually surprised how well they perform untied.

Also, I am not terribly impressed with the heel protection, but for a minimalist shoe, it makes sense. I'm pondering buying some padded inserts to see if that improves.

Padded inserts would defeat the entire theory behind these shoes, IMHO. Don't look into True shoes either if the heel protection is an issue for you.

Padded inserts would defeat the entire theory behind these shoes, IMHO. Don't look into True shoes either if the heel protection is an issue for you.

Probably true. It's generally only an issue when I'm walking on the cart path for an extended period of time. Not an issue on the grass.

Having worn these a bunch of times over the last month, I've concluded I prefer shoes with a bit more support. That being said, they are really light, really comfortable, and really cool under the hot sun. I also played a few morning rounds with damp grass, and got caught in a pop up shower once. Yes, my feet were wet, but not soggy diaper wet. The traction on wet grass might be what surprised me the most. One of my league courses has a few steeply sloped up and down walks. Walking down especially, even with spiked golf shoes, when wet can be a bit scary. But with these shoes I never slipped. Never even got the feeling that I was going to.

they work like a charm for that haha
one thing i noticed immediately is how they dig (hard) into the back.

i was unprepared sock-wise in my first outing with them (Tuesday practice at MC) and actually had to put athletic tape on my Achilles to combat the digging.

i've worn them in every round since. love them!

I too was unprepared sock wise. I didn't go the tape route, I probably should have for Saturday

Really starting to ponder these things. They look uber comfortable!!

I keep hoping they release a black color scheme in the mesh. I think those would be a killer combo!

I keep hoping they release a black color scheme in the mesh. I think those would be a killer combo!

Stop it. My wallet is already empty...

Puma Faas Lite Mesh Golf Shoes

That's funny. I'm pretty fast tho! She's a young one and I don't feel like making the Titan's use their 2nd stringer... :laughing: very nice young lady. Knows her stuff too. But too young for this old Frog. Someone else there I think had her attention... Something about a hockey injury...

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Back