Des Moines Outing in October

Guys don't need anything final right now but in the next few weeks I want to get tee times set up

Guys don't need anything final right now but in the next few weeks I want to get tee times set up

I have a school starting in October. On the bright side I'll be in Lincoln and only 3 or 4 days a week. On the other side, I won't have a schedule for some time yet. If need be just count me out, I just won't know anything for a while.

I have a school starting in October. On the bright side I'll be in Lincoln and only 3 or 4 days a week. On the other side, I won't have a schedule for some time yet. If need be just count me out, I just won't know anything for a while.

Would never ever count you out Duey

I dont need a definitive number just a general idea to book tee times.... No worries

So, not sure if it was mentioned, but how close are you to 16 and the discounted rate? What's the total greens fees you're looking at? I really want in on this, but it's a hard sell to the wife.

You just need ro learn how to phrase the responses. "Honey, its only 65/round. Thats average. Plus, were staying in hawks favorite dive hotel. I can get a hottub in the room for only 70/night. Thats how cheap this outing is going to be."

:-o

Its a winning strategy. Trust me. #lawyered

~Rock

LOL at #lawyered.

drp - I think we have 14 at the moment.

You just need ro learn how to phrase the responses. "Honey, its only 65/round. Thats average. Plus, were staying in hawks favorite dive hotel. I can get a hottub in the room for only 70/night. Thats how cheap this outing is going to be."

:-o

Its a winning strategy. Trust me. #lawyered

~Rock

This one made me laugh pretty good! Haha, I'll give it a try.

So, with 14 now, if dhartmann34 and I can make it, that's 16. That would get the Harvester rate to $120 for all day? Hmm, need to make this work somehow.

So, with 14 now, if dhartmann34 and I can make it, that's 16. That would get the Harvester rate to $120 for all day? Hmm, need to make this work somehow.

I think we will get 16 at least... I am going to probably book 5 tee times in the morning and then remove them if need be.

So who's up for 54!?

I'm actually still deciding. I'll let you know guys closer to. I'm only allowed to play Saturday OR Sunday - one guess to who made that rule.

I'd play until it's dark. Won't be very late anyway.

I will play 54. If I can get 54 in I will, and then 18 Sunday... WOW I am going to be beat haha

Make sure to drink plenty of swing lube

I'm touring Wakonda tomorrow and Glen Oaks next weekend. Maybe I'll have good news for you guys and we can play one of those Sunday.

If we haven't decided on a Sundays course, I'd like to put in for a more reasonably (cheap) course. Going to be a little expensive already from my end.
Edit to add: plan ol pyblic courses are fine with me. . Don't havta do exotic evert time
tappin from my big as note2

I believe TCI was designated for Sunday, but there are certainly of number of respectable public courses around Des Moines for cheaper rates. I'd love to play Jester Park again. Good price, an ok course, seemed very scorable.

Sleuth - Glen Oaks or wakonda?!?!?! Heck yea!

~Rock

Do I have enough golf balls is the real question.....

Haha, I mentioned all the golf ideas/events to Bri a few minutes ago. You shoulda seen the face I got! Might be able to swing some tho.

Just tell Bri you're meeting all weekend with your Financial Planner :p

Just tell Bri you're meeting all weekend with your Financial Planner :p

Haha I guess if you're our financial planner you could find room in our budget for the weekend.

If I can swing it, I don't think golf Sunday would work. With $120 for golf Saturday, plus gas, lodging, and booze of course; I'd really be pushing my luck with more $.

I'd also have to skip the Ryder cup...

Ok Rock, I'm out again, played so crappy tonight I'm disgusted. :what:

Ok Rock, I'm out again, played so crappy tonight I'm disgusted. :what:

You know youll be there. You (and me) may not play great, but hanging out with friends is always the best time ever.

~Rock

Wow, just saw this thread as well. I'm not sure that I'm allowed in the state of Iowa. Since McRock is a city golf champion (congrats btw) and lawyer, maybe he can talk to the Mayor of Iowa to grant me a travel visa to enter and maybe stay in the state. However, wearing yellow and black is a deal breaker for me.

We can carpool Mike. If bhilln can make it, we might be able to save some money.

Bulldog, you better come.

Wow, just saw this thread as well. I'm not sure that I'm allowed in the state of Iowa. Since McRock is a city golf champion (congrats btw) and lawyer, maybe he can talk to the Mayor of Iowa to grant me a travel visa to enter and maybe stay in the state. However, wearing yellow and black is a deal breaker for me.

What kind of system of government do you have over there in Illinois?? Mayor of Iowa? Lol. I'll bring an "official" temporary pass to be within the state of Iowa for you. It will be written in black and gold.

~Rock

We can talk about a different Sunday course, I just figure if I am driving 4+ hours I would like to play some nice ones.

Lets get enough to fill up 5 tee times for Saturday! That is my goal!

Hawkster, when do you think I should start the times at? I am thinking earlier the better since its an all day thing

Back