Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

For me the Draw setting on the driver did not do much. On the hybrid though it has.

What difference does the draw setting really do to this driver?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

What difference does the draw setting really do to this driver?

closes the face. For my swing though when I see a closed face driver, I tend to flip my hands more to return it to square at impact. That just causes me to throw the ball up high in the air and get absolutely nothing out of it. My swing thought is always to have the face closing or returning back to square, so the draw setting doesn't help with that. Essentially for me the draw setting just tends to hit the ball higher for me.

closes the face. For my swing though when I see a closed face driver, I tend to flip my hands more to return it to square at impact. That just causes me to throw the ball up high in the air and get absolutely nothing out of it. My swing thought is always to have the face closing or returning back to square, so the draw setting doesn't help with that. Essentially for me the draw setting just tends to hit the ball higher for me.

I'm suppose to get mine on Tuesday, so I'll give all the numbers and settings a try. Hopefully I'll gain some distance cause after today playing with 55 year Olds it didn't feel good to be out drove.

I'm suppose to get mine on Tuesday, so I'll give all the numbers and settings a try. Hopefully I'll gain some distance cause after today playing with 55 year Olds it didn't feel good to be out drove.

that's the best thing to do. Give them a shot and figure out what works best. That's what I did with the hybrid, didn't think it would lead me to the draw setting, but all of a sudden I started hitting some more solid shots so I just kept it where it was.

Hurricane Golf, Hurricanegolf.com, has these drivers for $129 with $5 dollar off coupon. I ordered one and will let the thread know when I get it and try it out. Looking forward to it after reading all about it on this thread! :golf3:

I cut mine re-gripped & cut down 1" Saturday, which surprisingly to me took the swing weight all the way down from a D4 to a C9? So I bought some lead tape and brought the weight back up to D4. Hit it yesterday morning at the range, and have to say it didn't feel very good, so it stayed in the bag and I played my R11. Guess my R11 was jealous, because I hit it as good as I ever have. Might put the amp in the marketplace... or keep it and eventually find a diferent shaft for it.

Hurricane Golf, Hurricanegolf.com, has these drivers for $129 with $5 dollar off coupon. I ordered one and will let the thread know when I get it and try it out. Looking forward to it after reading all about it on this thread! :golf3:

Was this a typo? Im showing 149?

I have been struggling with this driver a bit lately, but I had a moment of clarity on Sunday. I just had to change the way I was teeing the ball up. If you haven't noticed, the high part of the face on this driver is absolutely white hot. I hit two of the longest drives of my life on Sunday.

So, in all of my mental issues, I've started hitting the ball high and off the toe, to pretty damn jaw dropping results. This freaking club really does just make me chuckle sometimes with what I can get away with on some of these "misses".

I hit 6/7 FIR last night and was really hitting it well. With that said, I think I am going back to the stock shaft. Just something about the White Tie that I dont like. Doesnt quite feel right to me.

Dont really know if I am going to explain this really well...

I was tinkering with the settings on the club last night at the range and I when I went to tighten the screw, it just kept spinning. Took the head off and noticed that the little metal piece that has the threading that connects the screw in the adapter had came "unglued" or what not?!

So, if you put the screw down in the adapter and pull up, there is a tiny piece of metal around the screw. It is the piece that threads the screws together so that you can screw and unscrew to change the settings.

Can I just re-glue this or should I go ahead and get another adapter?

Id contact Cobra.

I was tinkering with the settings on the club last night at the range and I when I went to tighten the screw, it just kept spinning. Took the head off and noticed that the little metal piece that has the threading that connects the screw in the adapter had came "unglued" or what not?!

So, if you put the screw down in the adapter and pull up, there is a tiny piece of metal around the screw. It is the piece that threads the screws together so that you can screw and unscrew to change the settings.

So, in all of my mental issues, I've started hitting the ball high and off the toe, to pretty damn jaw dropping results. This freaking club really does just make me chuckle sometimes with what I can get away with on some of these "misses".

kind of awesome isn't it?

Yea if the driver is still new and this happened I would bring it back or call whoever you got it from.

Id contact Cobra.

I contacted them and they said that it was probably just a defective adapter, so they are sending me a new one.

Problem is, I have a golf trip scheduled for Friday morning/this weekend... and it wont be here in time, so I was wondering if I could tinker with it to make it work! HA!

I contacted them and they said that it was probably just a defective adapter, so they are sending me a new one.

Problem is, I have a golf trip scheduled for Friday morning/this weekend... and it wont be here in time, so I was wondering if I could tinker with it to make it work! HA!

May as well tinker if you already have a new one coming.

TTing

order one from Golfworks then or see if the local Golf Galaxy has them they can glue on for you.

I always laugh at my misses rather than curse!!! It's unbelievable the kind of distance and even straight shots I see when I know I made a bad swing on it!

I always laugh at my misses rather than curse!!! It's unbelievable the kind of distance and even straight shots I see when I know I made a bad swing on it!

Its so true. I never thought I would find something as forgiving as the Ping G20 but this thing is almost cheating.

How much will cutting down the shaft to 45" effect the feel of the club? If I put in a heavier shaft like an audial NVS 65 will that equal out the swing weight? The shaft at 45.75" seems long to me.

How much will cutting down the shaft to 45" effect the feel of the club? If I put in a heavier shaft like an audial NVS 65 will that equal out the swing weight? The shaft at 45.75" seems long to me.

I have that EXACT set up. NV 65 and it is cut down to 45.25" total. Honestly, it feels more natural to me. The stock Fuji Fuel felt long and light..

Back