Staff Bags & Using Them

How often do you guys take riding carts.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

For the majority of my rounds at quite a few different courses, and both my Bridgestone and Callaway fit on every cart I used. I did have an older cart where it was a tight fit, the strap would barely reach. Iif you have a fitting bag it is probably not an actual staff bag, and possibly quite a bit larger on top.

Has anyone taken their cart into the store to see if the bag would fit the cart before purchasing the staff bag? If not, would it be a prudent idea?
I only use riding carts, except for the occasional round at an executive course nearby. If you have a push cart you wanted to see if it would fit before you buy, I would think the store would be ok with you bringing it in to see if it fits.

How often do you guys take riding carts.
100% of the time. Except for the case noted above, although we haven't been to that course in four years.

When you have a staff bag customized with your name or whatever, is it just a removable panel that you take to get embroidered? If so, do they sell replacement panels so you can have your bag say something different if you want?

How heavy are these bags?

How heavy are these bags?

If you're carrying the bag, they get heavy quick. Especially once loaded up with balls.

Not exactly ergonomic strap design either.
If you're carrying the bag, they get heavy quick. Especially once loaded up with balls.

When you have a staff bag customized with your name or whatever, is it just a removable panel that you take to get embroidered? If so, do they sell replacement panels so you can have your bag say something different if you want?
I would like to know this as well

Not all bags have removable panels. I don't think my Nike bag' front panel comes off. I haven't asked any of the companies if they have parts you can buy separately for the staff bags. I've always been told that for the right price an time, anything can happen. You could always ask the company whose staff bag you want to buy.

My UST staff bag doesnt have a removable panel, but my SeeMore one does. It really depends on the bag and the company.

Some are better than others.

With the huge width of the shoulder strap and the huge amount of padding in it, the Callaway bags are surprisingly comfortable even when loaded down with junk.

I have an old TaylorMade R500 Series staff bag that I bought while working at a sporting goods chain store in college. I took it out a few times, both on my push cart and on a motorized cart. The thing was just too big. The "belly" on it was huge. However, most recent staff bags look a bit more ergonomic. My R500 is a display piece in my home office, and holds some old clubs.

Not sure if I would game one on a regular basis unless I shaved a few more strokes off my handicap.

I have a Ping staff bag that, to me at least, is too heavy. Even carrying it from the car to the golf cart is a pain.

Also, though you can load it down with stuff, the majority of the pockets on mine are not accessible when it is attached to a golf cart (two small accessory pockets above the large belly pocket). That leaves me the ball pocket, one small accessory pocket above it, and the narrow side pockets that almost impossible to get in to when it's on a golf cart.

For me, a staff bag will always be a show piece or a bag to store my extras.

I really wish Ping Staff bags werent so boring.

I picked up a beat up Cleveland staff bag for cheap on Craigslist. The outside looks pretty good, but the linings on the pockets are kinda ratty. I just wanted it for storing clubs in the corner. Time to find a nice staff bag to game!

Cleveland black staff bags look sweet if you're into that and they are smaller or about the same size as most cart bags. Haven't fount a cart (push or power) it won't fit on comfortably

Cleveland black staff bags look sweet if you're into that and they are smaller or about the same size as most cart bags. Haven't fount a cart (push or power) it won't fit on comfortably
Same bag I used for most of this year, love it!

This has been a helpful thread. I have always wanted a staff bag, mainly for the room but I also love the way they look, but like a lot of others in this thread, I too thought that you had to get to a certain skill level in order to yeild such a bag. After reading a lot of the comments here, I may just pull the trigger on one. Hmmm, I'm thinkin a SeeMore staffer...

I freaking love my Cleveland black because its small. I'm looking for another small staffer and not crazy about big logos like on the Bridgestone mini and some others. I kind of like a plain look. Any suggestions?

Back