Alerting Officials & Calling in Penalties

I don't think there should be call ins. It's just annoying and gets tiring.

I do think the ball moved according to the video that was shot at GROUND LEVEL. Now who knows what Tiger actually saw as he was above the ball and the view is very different......

I'm sorry but he knew the ball moved and failed to notify officials or call the penalty on himself. When you are standing over your ball, you can easily tell when your ball moves. I dont buy his excuse that the wind oscillated the ball either. You don't see any leaves or pine needles moving cause of the wind. It takes some pretty strong winds to move a ball. To me I think he is a cheater.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I'm sorry but he knew the ball moved and failed to notify officials or call the penalty on himself. When you are standing over your ball, you can easily tell when your ball moves. I dont buy his excuse that the wind oscillated the ball either. You don't see any leaves or pine needles moving cause of the wind. It takes some pretty strong winds to move a ball. To me I think he is a cheater.

How dare you, hehehe.

How dare you, hehehe.

Lol, its true. He is a cheater. Dont really care for the guy.

Stupid rule imo. All this for basically nothing.

Justin Rose just called a penalty on himself, so nobody had to call it in for him.

Does Justin Rose have someone hired solely to follow him around the course with a camera zoomed in on his ball to report back to his boss that he may have seen an infraction?

Does Justin Rose have someone hired solely to follow him around the course with a camera zoomed in on his ball to report back to his boss that he may have seen an infraction?

No, he did it because it was the right thing to do.

Justin Rose = Doesn't cheat! Lol

No, he did it because it was the right thing to do.

That doesn't answer my question. We're aware calling a penalty on yourself is the right thing to do. If there's no one to follow around each player and zoom in on every ball, how do you know they're always doing the right thing when they're in the woods or in the tall grass?

Does any other player have someone who's only job is to follow a single player around to keep a camera on their ball and report possible rules infractions to not the PGA, but their boss, who then decides whether or not to report it to the officials?

That doesn't answer my question. We're aware calling a penalty on yourself is the right thing to do. If there's no one to follow around each player and zoom in on every ball, how do you know they're always doing the right thing when they're in the woods or in the tall grass?

We don't. I love the defenders, even when they defend when it's obvious the guy was in the wrong.

I'm just asking questions. We're you in Tiger Woods's head or there with him to ask him about it? Just because you're assuming he's lying, doesn't mean everyone else has to.

I'm just asking questions. We're you in Tiger Woods's head or there with him to ask him about it? Just because you're assuming he's lying, doesn't mean everyone else has to.

You're right they don't. Simply my own opinion.

Well, not just mine, but obviously many people can't see the forest for the trees. :eyepoke:

Possible, plausible and probable are not the same as definitive.

Possible, plausible and probable are not the same as definitive.

It was definitive that the ball moved.

I think it's ridiculous that anyone who isn't an official (photographer, fan, etc.) can call in a penalty. The PGA needs to change this.

As for Tiger, we have no clue if he knew or didn't. It's real easy for us to say it clearly moved because we have a closeup of the ball on HD with the perfect angle. None of us have any idea what it looked like from Tiger's perspective.

I think it's ridiculous that anyone who isn't an official (photographer, fan, etc.) can call in a penalty. The PGA needs to change this.

As for Tiger, we have no clue if he knew or didn't. It's real easy for us to say it clearly moved because we have a closeup of the ball on HD with the perfect angle. None of us have any idea what it looked like from Tiger's perspective.

I understand that, but the ball moved quite a bit. It would be hard not to notice it move especially when you are standing on top of your ball.

Sure we do. Have you never been trying to move things from around the ball while making sure the ball didn't move? You are really watching the ball.

Well, I guess I should not say "you", I should say "I".

It's not like he wasn't paying attention, he was making sure the ball didn't move. And when it did move, he stopped. And it didn't oscillate. That would have meant that it went back to the original position, which it didn't.

And once again, I feel I should say that they shouldn't be allowed to call penalties in this way. But they do. Players gotta deal with it.

We don't. I love the defenders, even when they defend when it's obvious the guy was in the wrong.

Nobody is saying that he shouldn't have been penalized. People are defending against people calling him a cheater because he felt the ball oscillated and felt there was no need to call a penalty.

It's easy to be an armchair referee, but when you are there and it happens in the blink of an eye essentially, who are we to decide what Tiger knew? You don't call a penalty on yourself if you thought nothing happened.

Nobody is saying that he shouldn't have been penalized. People are defending against people calling him a cheater because he felt the ball oscillated and felt there was no need to call a penalty.

It's easy to be an armchair referee, but when you are there and it happens in the blink of an eye essentially, who are we to decide what Tiger knew? You don't call a penalty on yourself if you thought nothing happened.

But he is a cheater. He cheated on his wife. Lol What makes you think he won't cheat on the golf course. If he can cheat on his wife, he can cheat on the course.

But he is a cheater. He cheated on his wife. Lol What makes you think he won't cheat on the golf course. If he can cheat on his wife, he can cheat on the course.

Wow....get over it already, Elin has.

Fair enough on the bolded.

I personally, and in my very own opinion, feel that he is full of it. He was busted and tried to save face, in my view. I may be completely wrong but I don't think I am, but again it's my opinion.

And as I said before, when you are moving things from around a ball, you are making damn sure it doesn't move. Or should be. Or Tiger should have been.

Fair enough on the bolded.

I personally, and in my very own opinion, feel that he is full of it. He was busted and tried to save face, in my view. I may be completely wrong but I don't think I am, but again it's my opinion.

And as I said before, when you are moving things from around a ball, you are making damn sure it doesn't move. Or should be. Or Tiger should have been.

Fair enough, to each their own.

Wow....get over it already, Elin has.

But that says a lot about his character. He saw an opportunity and he tried to take advantage of it. He was playing the out of sight, out of mind card.

Geez guys, the ball moved, he was penalized, and its over.

I don't know, and can't know, exactly what he thought happened with the ball. It looked like he knew SOMETHING happened.
What weighs for him, is that he KNOWS he's scrutinized. That he's got observers RIGHT THERE. He can't be delusional enough to think he'd skate on it, can he?

But on the original topic, yeah...calling in from armchair rules guys blows goats. And if you're gonna have a pair of eyes attached to one guy, put a set on them all. They screw up then, they pay the penalty.

Back