How long for a solo round of 18?

My guess is they play that fast because they want to.

I know your handicap is a little higher, so I wouldn't count on finishing your round as fast as some people are posting. Whether you're walking or riding is going to factor a lot. I'd say plan for at least 3 hours walking, 2.5 riding IF no one else is on the course, and you play at a nice constant pace.

I very rarely intentionally play quickly, I naturally play at a quick pace. The only time I would intentionally play quickly was when I worked night shifts, I would frequently play in the afternoons before work, the quicker I could play the later I could sleep.

I do too. Typically, if there is no wait, its about 20 seconds from parking the cart to striking the ball if I'm just getting down to business. But I don't always achieve that ideal for every shot. Sometimes I just prefer to take a moment to appreciate just being there. To smell the freshly mowed grass, or watch the sun sparkle off the dew, or any of a number of other things which make golf so much more than just hitting the ball in the hole.

As long as I'm not holding anyone up, and don't have a deadline to make, I don't worry about how fast I'm going. I know that on those rare occasions that I actually do play alone, I'm usually going to be faster than anyone behind me without even trying. That allows me the freedom of not having to even think about pace of play.

I think my best is about an hour and a half riding.

I do too. Typically, if there is no wait, its about 20 seconds from parking the cart to striking the ball if I'm just getting down to business. But I don't always achieve that ideal for every shot. Sometimes I just prefer to take a moment to appreciate just being there. To smell the freshly mowed grass, or watch the sun sparkle off the dew, or any of a number of other things which make golf so much more than just hitting the ball in the hole.

As long as I'm not holding anyone up, and don't have a deadline to make, I don't worry about how fast I'm going. I know that on those rare occasions that I actually do play alone, I'm usually going to be faster than anyone behind me without even trying. That allows me the freedom of not having to even think about pace of play.

Like I said, pace of play is rarely a thought of mine either. But even now I do sometimes play quickly in the afternoons, to try to beat an impending thunderstorm. I would say if I'm not thinking about it at all, 18 holes would take a bit less than a hour and a half.

I usually take 2.5-2.75 hours, but when I do it there is nobody ahead of me on the course. I am not slow, but don't play "speed golf" either, and I walk.

If I'm alone walking I'm playing in about 2.5 - 3 hours but it really depends on where you're playing and if there are a lot of groups out there. You may hook up with someone on the first tee or a few holes in. I'd always just assume it's going to be a regular round. It also depends on if you're hitting some practice putts and chips and an extra shot here and there. No true science to it really.

I have done it in less than 2 hours but that's being first off. I'm not super fast but I try to be horrible in a hurry.

It really depends on how crowded the rest of the course is.....If I dont have to wait at all, I can do it in right at 2 hours...if there are groups here and there...about 3.

Thanks everyone, this helps. My plan is to maybe just go and squeeze in as many holes as I can. I'm getting a crazy low rate with cart through Golfnow.
Golfnow users, do I have to print anything out? I've never used it before, and my printer is out of ink. :) Can I just buy on my smartphone app and be ok?

Thanks everyone, this helps. My plan is to maybe just go and squeeze in as many holes as I can. I'm getting a crazy low rate with cart through Golfnow.
Golfnow users, do I have to print anything out? I've never used it before, and my printer is out of ink. :) Can I just buy on my smartphone app and be ok?

I have shown my emailed confirmation in the past, but rarely even had to do that.

When Im lucky enough to play with no one in front of me, I usually play 18 in about 1.5 hours, riding.

Most of the time no or I'll show the email on my phone.

Where are you playing?

Right at 2 hrs without rushing and not having to wait for other groups.

Where are you playing?

Antioch. I don't know if you've looked at them on Golfnow, but they have some crazy rates in middle of the day. Like 2:07 today is 10 bucks for 18 with a cart. For my 12:07 tee time, it was 12 bucks (13.99 with fees and such.)

If Ive got a cart, dont have to wait on anyone in front of me, give myself, "in the leather" gimmie putts and am playing well; I can do 18 in about 2 hours. IMO, how long it takes really depends upon your handicap because it takes longer to play 18 in 100 strokes than it does in 80.

Antioch. I don't know if you've looked at them on Golfnow, but they have some crazy rates in middle of the day. Like 2:07 today is 10 bucks for 18 with a cart. For my 12:07 tee time, it was 12 bucks (13.99 with fees and such.)
Nice deal!

I'm not the greatest golfer in the world but if i'm alone and no one in front of me I can easily do 2.5 hours.

3 hrs max

So it went alright. I think if I had the course to myself, it would have been 2.5 hours. Sadly, I did not have the course to myself. I managed 15 holes in 3 hours. I skipped 2-4 to get ahead of two foursomes that were ahead of me. But I'm really glad I got out!

Silly slowness.
Played it in 50 minutes (Westchase)
Normally if its my normal early time it would be about an hour and 20.

I have to ask. At that pace do you find it more like work where you are trying to seqeeze it all in quickly as you can vs really enjoying it all? Not trying to make any point at all but just wanted to know if you do it because you want to or because you need to? It can be two different things and can play a role in just how enjoyable it is.

If I get there at the crack of dawn before the lost ball squad shows up, I can ride on 2 max and walk in 2:45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I had the course to myself recently and had to be quick to avoid rain. I didn't rush any of my shots, but I did fast walk or even slow jog to my ball or the next tee. I got through 9 holes in under an hour without breaking a sweat, and my score was actually a couple of shots better than I normally manage on that 9 :act-up:

I have to ask. At that pace do you find it more like work where you are trying to seqeeze it all in quickly as you can vs really enjoying it all? Not trying to make any point at all but just wanted to know if you do it because you want to or because you need to? It can be two different things and can play a role in just how enjoyable it is.

I wondered this myself. Assuming that he's talking 18 holes, that's 2.77 minutes per hole, and I really don't see how you can get any enjoyment from that. Even if it was only 9 holes, that's about 5½ minutes per hole, and that's even a torrid pace.

Back