Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have... single handed is still a bit strong. I maintain Byrd and Martin played a role in changing the game.

Haha I guess Tampa doesn't know what a rowdy crowd can do to sway a game.

Agreed. He woulda been saved if they were two games up, but Rays haven't seen Salzaar pitch at all this year. I think Indians have a distinct advantage with that, and being at home it's gonna get rowdy.

Cobb faced the Indians in his first start this season... and shut them out.

No, but they play road games at home with rowdy Yankee and Red Sox fans down here all the time.

Cobb faced the Indians in his first start this season... and shut them out.

It's the post season. None if that matters. Indians went 0-7 against the Yankees in 2007. Rocked them in the ALDS.

Both teams are completely different then they were in April/May.

I've been to the Trop for a playoff game... watch the Red Sox series, it can get plenty rowdy.

Also, you might want to check the attendance standings, you really have no leg to stand on in this argument.

It's the post season. None if that matters. Indians went 0-7 against the Yankees in 2007. Rocked them in the ALDS.

Both teams are completely different then they were in April/May.

You are right, we might as well not even discuss what happened in the regular season, but 6 years ago is totally in play

INDIANS WILL WIN EVERYTHING!!!

Dan Uggla was left off the Braves' postseason roster. Wow. He's been awful, but I never thought that would happen.

definitely surprising. I mean Elliott Johnson is fast and has a slightly better average but Uggla's power and on base % should have trumped Johnson IMO. We will need a HR or 5 from that position this post season. I am wondering if there is more to it and maybe Uggla has a health problem no one is being told about?

You are right, we might as well not even discuss what happened in the regular season, but 6 years ago is totally in play

you didn't get the memo?

[video=youtube;MmSW-OM8h8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmSW-OM8h8c[/video]

definitely surprising. I mean Elliott Johnson is fast and has a slightly better average but Uggla's power and on base % should have trumped Johnson IMO. We will need a HR or 5 from that position this post season. I am wondering if there is more to it and maybe Uggla has a health problem no one is being told about?
Possible, or just giving him some time off and filling the roster spot? Can always add him in between series (if we make it that far).

He was using that as an example of how the regular season means nothing once the playoffs start. Such a typical hater. Nothing new for a Cleveland fan to deal with

All I am saying is the regular season doesn't mean anything once the playoffs start. I don't understand how that argument is mis construed into the Indians are going to just roll through the playoffs.

He was using that as an example of how the regular season means nothing once the playoffs start. Such a typical hater. Nothing new for a Cleveland fan to deal with

I got his point, but I still say you can't rule out a players performance in the regular season.

Regardless, the Rays will score a point first and Cleveland's special teams isn't strong enough to compete. Ya'll won't even spend any time on our side of the court.

Possible, or just giving him some time off and filling the roster spot? Can always add him in between series (ONCE we make it that far).

FIFY...

I got his point, but I still say you can't rule out a players performance in the regular season.

Regardless, the Rays will score a point first and Cleveland's special teams isn't strong enough to compete. Ya'll won't even spend any time on our side of the court.

No garbage empty net goals to make the score look better than it really is

No garbage empty net goals to make the score look better than it really is

By the time we get the fifth period, this game will already be over with.

By the time we get the fifth period, this game will already be over with.

Indians win 7-6, 6-7, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6

I've been to the Trop for a playoff game... watch the Red Sox series, it can get plenty rowdy.

Also, you might want to check the attendance standings, you really have no leg to stand on in this argument.

The city of Cleveland had lost faith in ownership's moves the last decade and a half. We'd get to a point where we had a great core and would blow it up for prospects and always be 2-3 years off. Who wants to invest money in team that is just going to mortgage our future in 1-2 years? Now, management made a huge step in rebuilding some if those bridges this year with signing Tito, bringing in Swisher and Bourn, trading for Bauer. But it takes time to heal those wounds. Not making excuses, but it played a very large role.

The Rays put out a solid product year after year and are always in the hunt. (At least since 2009). Yet still are in the bottom in attendance. What's that fan bases' excuse? I may be totally off base and maybe am missing things, but it seems like comparing apples and oranges.

If the Rays can get in and out of the pits, they have a shot, track position wins these things, the Rays have gotten better fuel mileage all week.

If the Rays can get in and out of the pits, they have a shot, track position wins these things, the Rays have gotten better fuel mileage all week.

I bet you would turn down a contract with Cleveland/Srixon

I think the Rays could go places if they survive tomorrow night. I think they match up well with Boston.

The city of Cleveland had lost faith in ownership's moves the last decade and a half. We'd get to a point where we had a great core and would blow it up for prospects and always be 2-3 years off. Who wants to invest money in team that is just going to mortgage our future in 1-2 years? Now, management made a huge step in rebuilding some if those bridges this year with signing Tito, bringing in Swisher and Bourn, trading for Bauer. But it takes time to heal those wounds. Not making excuses, but it played a very large role.

The Rays put out a solid product year after year and are always in the hunt. (At least since 2009). Yet still are in the bottom in attendance. What's that fan bases' excuse? I may be totally off base and maybe am missing things, but it seems like comparing apples and oranges.

I'm referring to this years attendance.

The Rays stadium isn't in Tampa, it is in the much smaller ghetto town across the bay. How do you think Cleveland's attendance would be if the stadium was in Akron? We can talk excuses all night long, but at the end of the discussion we both suck in that department.

Disclaimer, and I am not at all familiar with Ohioan geography, Akron seemed like a good choice, smaller town a ways a way.

So, apparently I missed the switch to passive aggressive sarcasm while typing those posts. All I know is it's gonna be an exciting game, and the atmosphere in Cleveland is gonna be great. Wish I coulda got tickets.

I think Cobb naturally hangs his left hand a little low. May come back to hurt him in the later rounds

Hello friends

I'm referring to this years attendance.

The Rays stadium isn't in Tampa, it is in the much smaller ghetto town across the bay. How do you think Cleveland's attendance would be if the stadium was in Akron? We can talk excuses all night long, but at the end of the discussion we both suck in that department.

Disclaimer, and I am not at all familiar with Ohioan geography, Akron seemed like a good choice, smaller town a ways a way.

Akron is about 40 minutes south of Cleveland. From a local opinion, it's like progressive field being on E55th and Superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back