Des Moines Outing in October

You guys should go play veenker in Ames. Not far away, pretty inexpensive, but fun and challenging

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

What about Coldwater?

What about Coldwater?

I've only played it once, enjoyed it, haven't been there this year but they hosted the Iowa Masters. So it has to be in pretty good shape?

Is there anything worth playing a little closer sleuth? That'll be go-home day for most of us. If not, I'll call Coldwater. Looks like the trees are limited.

I've only played it once, enjoyed it, haven't been there this year but they hosted the Iowa Masters. So it has to be in pretty good shape?
I retract. Veenker hosted the Iowa Masters. Coldwater hosted the Iowa Amateur

Is there anything worth playing a little closer sleuth? That'll be go-home day for most of us. If not, I'll call Coldwater. Looks like the trees are limited.
Waveland? Oldest course of W of the Mississippi, or so they say. It's really freaking hilly which makes it challenging. It was built on a wooded hillside. It is a pretty neat course with the classic old design.

I still maintain Bos Landen. It's SE of DSM. So it's good for people who live S and E of Des Moines on your travels back home.

Other than the booked courses, Harvester, and Ames (Veenker, Coldwater) not much I can really recommend close by.

They have an event. Gahhhhhhhhhh.

Good lord. What the heck.

Veekner was fun when I played it in Ames, but I am fine with any course at this point hahahhahahahahhaha

Coldwater in Ames at 8:00am.

Verified that there will be no aeration issues at both courses.

Good deal. Well that was hard.

Jeez I know.

You are the man. I will update the first post with locations prices etc. Cannot wait to see all you fools.

Ok, I'm confused. So Beaver Creek on Saturday, then Coldwater in Ames on Sunday?

~Rock

Yes sir.

Nothing changes. I'm use to it just tell me where to go. :sly:

tappin from my big as note2

Will put some ideas for hotels out here in a minute. We can come to an agreement and then you are on your own to book.

Days Inn is the cheapest - 76 (including tax) if you pre-book.

For 2 beds?? I say if thats the case book it and ill give you 40 bucks when we get to Ames

Yep for two. I'll book it.

Days Inn is the cheapest - 76 (including tax) if you pre-book.

Where? Ankney ..Ames.

tappin from my big as note2

FYI, the range at Beaver Creek sucks. If you need to hit a few balls to warm up I will supply free tokens so don't waste your money.

Done.

Guys, you can book via phone at 515-965-1995. It's $2 more (69.99+tax), but you can also cancel it.

Back